• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    Call me cheep, young, wet behind the ears, or what ever but I really like old No. 7 from Jack Daniels, and Makers Mark. I haven't really gotten to the point where I can put a good wisky or bourbon on the rocks and sip it. It's too rough for me. Lol

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The wife hooked me up for Christmas

IMG_1293.jpg

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Both that 18 yo Elijah and the 18 yo Yamazaki are great whiskies! I just LOVE 18 year olds... ;)

In a car, so I can't link the picture, but I was presented with a bottle of Bakers bourbon and a bottle of Bulleit Rye today for my Christmas!

twisyblackmetal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    I like the Conner Creek Bourbon. I also like the Indiana "Redemption" High Rye- cause really, who couldn't use a shot of redemption over the holidays? I have more experience with bourbon than any other type of whisk(e)y. If I'm mixing, it can be cheap. I don't care. I really like Rye Whiskeys and the Bulleit Rye is exemplary in my opinion.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Im not exactly a connoisseur, but I like a good bottle of JD or Crown. I'm not a big fan of Gentleman Jack, but the Tennessee Honey is good.

I may or may not have some white whiskey coming up from the south after the first of the year, which is my absolute favorite.

Cheeseburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Fan of Gentleman Jack myself. Pour a little in a rocks glass add a splash of water to open it up and light up a hand rolled cigar. Life is good!

Don't mind the Makers Mark but been a fan of Jack for so many years that it may be habit more than anything else. Keep a bottle of Makers Mark on hand for dear old dad as its his favorite.

Happy to see pictures of the holy trinity, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms... after all they are what made us Americans. Alcohol to store excess gain and trade. Alcohol taxes were the first taxes and the first uprising of the new country. Tobacco to trade and enjoy and firearms to protect what's yours and keep the revenuers aka the government at bay.

Last edited:

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Fellow whiskey drinker here, just wondering if its me or not but i tried some jose black label i think and thought it had a whiskey taste to it. not much of a tequila fan but thought it would be good with some sour mix. Has anyone tried this?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Fellow whiskey drinker here, just wondering if its me or not but i tried some jose black label i think and thought it had a whiskey taste to it. not much of a tequila fan but thought it would be good with some sour mix. Has anyone tried this?

No I have not :-/ I mainly stick with Whiskey/Bourbon, 151, moonshine (the watered down stuff from the store) or vodka.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am a huge whiskey drinker myself, but its always mixed with coke.

Is sipping whiskey on the rocks an aquired taste? better the older you get? or am i just not springing for the good stuff that tastes good enough to sip?

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I am a huge whiskey drinker myself, but its always mixed with coke.

Is sipping whiskey on the rocks an aquired taste? better the older you get? or am i just not springing for the good stuff that tastes good enough to sip?

it gets better on the rocks or room temp when you get the $50 and up stuff. the flavors from the barrels come out better with a more unique taste. only bad thing is I have been bourbon-ed out lately. thats why was asking about something different from fellow whiskey-ers.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    it gets better on the rocks or room temp when you get the $50 and up stuff. the flavors from the barrels come out better with a more unique taste. only bad thing is I have been bourbon-ed out lately. thats why was asking about something different from fellow whiskey-ers.
    When I get Bourbon'd out I switch to Scotch, or Irish Whisky... ;)

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

so what would you reccomend for a first time "sipping whiskey" thats not very harsh?

or perhapds this questions deserves its own thread?

Top Bottom