• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    gentleman jack is reasonable price without harshness

i would suggest finding one that is single barrel, aged 10+ years, and triple distilled for a smoother taste.

finding a gentleman jack thats single barreled for 10 years and triple distilled?

or just a whiskey in general with those traits?

also, how do i go about "finding" one? i feel like if i asked the advice of the people at my local liquore store either they wouldnt really know and would just "help" or they would try to steer me towards something that has a higher profit margin for them.

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    i dont think gentlemen jack fits those described but i know it to be smooth. if you want to find one that catches your eyes look for those three thiings listed above.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Try...

Maker's Mark...
    Buffalo Trace...
    Bulleit Bourbon...
    Old Forester...
    Basil Hayden's...
    Four Rose's...
    Rebel Yell...

Those should get you on you way...
    Drop 2-3 ice cubes in a glass. Pour Whiskey across. Sit back and sip your way into the flavors...

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    just ice then?

i guess it must be an aquired taste because i tried some jack on the rocks and couldnt get past a few sips until it just sat there w/out me thinking about drinking it.

guess i will keep splashing it w/ the coke.

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    just ice then?

i guess it must be an aquired taste because i tried some jack on the rocks and couldnt get past a few sips until it just sat there w/out me thinking about drinking it.

it was probably regular jack that u tried sipping which is good with coke and sour mix but not for sipping unless you have already grown a rug on your chest. there are better sipping whiskeys out there but you are going to have to shell out more for em.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    i say there is a jack daniels for every occasion. single barrel jack is real good also but not quite as mellow as gentlemen jack.
    Meh...

I am personally not a fan of the Tennessee Whiskeys...

That said though, I am more Partial to George Dickel than I am to Jack Daniels...

I also have yet to try Benjamin Pritchard's. So there might be hope for me to find a Tennessee Whiskey, as they do not use the Lincoln County Process favored by Jack Daniels, George Dickel and Collier and McKeel (sp?)... :dunno:

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Meh...

I am personally not a fan of the Tennessee Whiskeys...

That said though, I am more Partial to George Dickel than I am to Jack Daniels...

I also have yet to try Benjamin Pritchard's. So there might be hope for me to find a Tennessee Whiskey, as they do not use the Lincoln County Process favored by Jack Daniels, George Dickel and Collier and McKeel (sp?)... :dunno:
    i do know what you mean they kinda have a taste of their own. jack uses charcoal of sugar cane i believe.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    just ice then?
    Yup just ice for me...
    Some will add a 1/2 measure of Water to "open" the flavor up. ;)

Jack Daniels Ol' Number 7 is not a sipping whiskey at all, decent mixer, better marinade in my opinion...

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    it gets better on the rocks or room temp when you get the $50 and up stuff. the flavors from the barrels come out better with a more unique taste. only bad thing is I have been bourbon-ed out lately. thats why was asking about something different from fellow whiskey-ers.
    You dont even have to spend $50 for a very good bourbon that you can sip straight or on the rocks. I would recommend elijah craig 12 yr and four roses small batch for something that is very good and in the $20-25 range. You can taste more oak in the elijah craig and more of the sweetness of the grain in the four roses.

Top Bottom