• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Get your orders together Buffalo Trace releases Antique Collection this month

Track em down if you can!!
    Buffalo trace will be releasing the Antique Collection at the end of the month
    I have an Eagle Rare and George T Stag on order!!:rockwoot:

The George T Stag won another consecutive award for best spirit in the world beat a nice Northern Highlands Single Malt Scotch.

I have to try one now:D

http://www.buffalotracemediakit.com...stillery Releases 2012 Antique Collection.pdf

buffalo-trace-antique-collection.jpg

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So....dumb question, does Rye whiskey taste like Rye bread? I've never tried it, and always wondered that! I've had Rye beer, it tasted like the bread, and I really liked it, so, I'm thinking this may be something I should try.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I think I've read all 18 pages of this thread, so I hope I didn't miss this topic somewhere.

Have any of you used whiskey stones? It seems like a good idea in theory - cool down your whiskey without adding ice that will later melt and alter the taste (especially if your ice comes from well water that has its own... flavor). Do you guys think they're worth it or more of a gimmick?
    I LOVE them. I typically drink my whiskey neat at room temperature. Occasionally I like to change it up and either mix a cheaper whiskey with coke or mt dew.

Nice single barrel scotch or a good bourbon I NEVER mix, and until I got the stones I RARELY had it chilled because I do not put good bottles in the freezer, and I do not put ice in a good whiskey.

I heard it put this way, "I'm not cocky enough to assume that I know more about how much water should be in a whiskey than the master distiller. If he thought it needed more water, he would have put it in there."

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Track em down if you can!!
    Buffalo trace will be releasing the Antique Collection at the end of the month
    I have an Eagle Rare and George T Stag on order!!:rockwoot:

The George T Stag won another consecutive award for best spirit in the world beat a nice Northern Highlands Single Malt Scotch.

I have to try one now:D

http://www.buffalotracemediakit.com...stillery Releases 2012 Antique Collection.pdf

buffalo-trace-antique-collection.jpg
    My Wife hates you now...

I told her it was your fault that I had to spend the Money to buy these choices... :popcorn:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    My name is Greg. I have been known to REALLY enjoy a Windsor and Cherry Coke.

I swear, I don't understand it either.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Over the years since 1996 a few friends and I have sampled many Scotch Whiskeys (the original Whiskey). Here is a list of the Whiskeys we have tried. The rating is from 1 to 5 where 5 is where you die from ecstasy so we do not rate any a 5. Actually the rating is a bit more graphic.

scotch1.png

scotch2.png

scotch3.png

scotch4.png

Last edited:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    A special one tonight Single barrel special 2nd limited edition E.H. taylor!!!

An early B-day gift from the wife A limited release of E.H Taylor!!!!!
    Release around August E.H Taylor aka "the father of the modern bourbon trade" special release Single Barrel 100 proof.

Aged 11 years and 7 months, Bottled one barrel at a time, this is truely one of my favorites right now.

According to the press release, the new whiskey is “An altogether different recipe and profile than Sazerac Rye, this recipe contains just rye and malted barley, no corn. The result is an aroma full of dried fruit, black pepper, and touch of fresh dill. A small sip brings an array of flavors both sweet and savory with a terrific balance of dark spices and subtle caramel overtones. The finish is especially pleasing with an oaky dryness that lingers just long enough.”[/I]

My wife knows I love history, presents and of course a nice glass of bourbon
    E.H. was a nice decision on her part, Its full of history, flavor and not to mention a perfect b-day gift for a hard day at work!!
    And it comes from Buffalo Trace!!

For Folks who enjoy what they are drinking here's a good link about this batch of splash!!:D
    REVIEW: Colonel. E.H. Taylor, Jr. Single Barrel Bourbon | BourbonBlog

IMAG0539.jpg

:ingo::patriot: INDY K

Top Bottom