• ...and so much more!
  • EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    X2.

In all seriousness, EastIndyGunner - If YOUR thing is carrying concealed, Awesome. We won't harp you for that (I myself even flip my shirt over my OWB'd firearm and "conceal" most of the time)...

The problem with your post that triggered the eating of the popcorn was simply throwing in the Hollywood-bound logic of "element of surprise", as such they do in the movies.
    To flip the logic around in basic form - Bad guy walks in to scope out gas station for robbery - sees armed guard/police/security officer (aka GUN!!!) - walks out, goes somewhere else with a lesser threat.
    - Boom. Open Carry Logic at its finest.

Aside from that? No problem with your post. Carry on. :rockwoot:

My contribution for the day - I walked by my bathroom mirror and saw a guy OC'ing a HK USP 40 at 3 o'clock on Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas, Y'all!

thanks boost. I totally get the point, bad guy sees gun and moves on. Makes sense. I applaud all you open carry guys. Seriously I do. I never criticized it. I don't have the stones to do it... yet.

EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am too. That's no excuse.

First of all, I wasn't inclined to read the post because it is too hard to do without punctuation, etc. Second, this is not the thread for this discussion.

OK.

ugh, good grief man. "That's no excuse", Where's your sense of humor. I'm deeply sorry I failed to indent. I did punctuate my megagraph, quite well I would say;). I tried to explain I typed all that on my iPhone. You really didn't read any of what I wrote? Damn, I even apologized for my momentary lapse in not taking myself and you all too seriously and proceeded to share an awesome OC seeing experience to hopefully make up for it. Read what I wrote and then be a turd. At least then you can say you earned it.

back on topic. I moved not long ago and met one of my new neighbors the other day. He's a bazzillion year old black man who's near deaf. He was out walking his dog and I noticed a very old looking semi auto tucked into his pants. I tried to ask him about it but being so hard of hearing he didn't understand me. He did however seem to understand that i was talking about his gun and appeared immediately uncomfortable. "Nice to meet ya" he said very loudly and went on his way.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I was at BC Osaka in Merrillville where I saw a guy carry. Couldn't ID the gun because he walked by too fast. It was Monday afternoon

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    OC in the Sam's in Greenwood, farmer type dude in his 50's big beard, with a Colt 1911. Could tell he had money from working for it all his life and would not want to mess with him.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I kind of hate to even report this one.
    I saw a young man, mid 20ish, leaned over the gun counter at the south side Gander yesterday with a Glock (model unknown) shoved in his right rear jeans pocket, handle hanging out, leaving easy access to any 5 year old girl who happened to be walking by.

I've been known to grab my XD(m) 1911 and shove it in my pocket at home if I'm just hanging out watching TV and one of the dogs bark at something that needs to be investigated, but doing it in public just seems like it fits in the 'Not a good life choice' section. Especially since he was obviously shopping for another firearm instead of a holster.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Saw a guy OCing outside the thrift store near 10th & Sherman in Indy. He tossed a couple of snowballs. I was in the car and too far away to see what he was carrying.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Saw a guy semi-open (saw it without his jacket on, which he put on as he was leaving) carrying what looked like a Glock in a Serpa at Bdubs on Dupont Road in Fort Wayne last night.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Hooters in Greenwood yesterday (1-19-2014) guy having lunch with his toddler daughter carrying what looked like a glock. I was CC. Hooters was a secure place to eat yesterday around noon.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ok, just remembered my first OC that I witnessed.
    September 1989.
    Israel.
    scan0006_zpsf74b7cd2.jpg

And he got a ride.
    scan0007_zpsf64c4825.jpg

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Qdoba on Fry Road in Greenwood. It's been a long time since I've seen anyone OCing. Good to see.

Last edited:

Dudley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Lafayette
    I'm in the car business, had a customer pull into the shop today with a Smith & Wesson revolver tucked into the drivers door pocket.

Top Bottom