• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Eastindy gunner I suggest you call President Obama and make all those in the military hide their weapons and unis so they can have the element of surprise!

Hey maybe the military should arrive dressed as TOURISTS!!! We could paint the Aircraft Carriers as cruise ships!!!!!

OUTSTANDING IDEA!!!!

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Have you thought that maybe the sight of the weapon deterred an attack on you, so if you were OCing it would have never gotten to that point? None of us were there, so only you know what could/would have happened in those instances. I would still argue you have no element of surprise for a truly defensive situation.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oh... Oh, my sides... So many jokes. Look fellas/(ladies?) I have read the "open carry argument" a few times and I agree with all of it to a degree. I'm going to guess that the majority of you had nice, relatively peaceful upbringings in nice, relatively peaceful communities and that's super great. No shame in that. I envy you. I don't mean this as a dig but if my previous sentence describes you then you probably have little to no street experience. Again, that's cool. I don't want to romanticize street culture or violence or any of the inherent qualities that come with growing up in an urban environment with very little supervision. I grew up in Indianapolis. I went to public school. I've lived and worked in the ****tiest parts of the city and experienced violent crime first hand. I would not want to tangle with some of the guys I grew up around. I have lived by the "grey man" code before I even knew what a grey man was. I can tell you that in an environment where thugs find courage and strength in numbers the element of surprise that you all are trying to clown me for touting has saved my skin MANY times. Without divulging too much information, I will say that I have "surprised" the sh\t out of thug types that at first thought, because I was smart enough and comfortable enough, that I was terrified and therefore compliant enough for them to let their guard down just enough for me to seize the first opportunity to act quickly and violently enough to gain the upper hand in bad situations. I will admit I have been very lucky but I have also been comfortable enough with my enemy to manage interactions with them. I know a little something about the demographic we all hope we don't have to engage. I am no "mall ninja" or "armchair tacticool dude". I get it, there are LOTS of fools on these boards that have all the hypothetical bases covered. I am not one of those persons. Out of respect for these boards and this thread, if you would like to clown me further or ask me questions please message me. Apologies to the mods and folks annoyed by this break in your regularly scheduled programming. As far as the dude I originally commented on seeing ocing, he looked totally fat and his weapon looked insecure enough for me to grab and do any number of things with. I'm sorry if I have offended your open carry sensibility enough for you to unleash your best snark upon but... Well...I don't care, best of luck to you when you find yourself in a bad way. Cheers

The enter key is your friend. Try it once in a while.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Or at least give me some credit for ranting on for so long with only my thumbs!

You did all that on an iPhone ? Hell, I'll rep you just for that.

Anyway, saw two ladies OCing at Penn Station at 10th and Shadeland yesterday. One was a tiny gal that was carrying a Glock that was half the size that she was. They may have been LEO, but I didn't see any badges or handcuffs.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    You did all that on an iPhone ? Hell, I'll rep you just for that.

X2.

In all seriousness, EastIndyGunner - If YOUR thing is carrying concealed, Awesome. We won't harp you for that (I myself even flip my shirt over my OWB'd firearm and "conceal" most of the time)...

The problem with your post that triggered the eating of the popcorn was simply throwing in the Hollywood-bound logic of "element of surprise", as such they do in the movies.
    To flip the logic around in basic form - Bad guy walks in to scope out gas station for robbery - sees armed guard/police/security officer (aka GUN!!!) - walks out, goes somewhere else with a lesser threat.
    - Boom. Open Carry Logic at its finest.

Aside from that? No problem with your post. Carry on. :rockwoot:

My contribution for the day - I walked by my bathroom mirror and saw a guy OC'ing a HK USP 40 at 3 o'clock on Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas, Y'all!

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Touche, hey I admitted I'm public school educated, cut me some slack. Plus it's hard to gauge paragraph length when typing on an iPhone.

I am too. That's no excuse.

God bless America! Funny you take no issue with any of the actual content of my absurd, run on paragraph and instead choose to criticize my composition. Come on dog, give me something to work with here.

First of all, I wasn't inclined to read the post because it is too hard to do without punctuation, etc. Second, this is not the thread for this discussion.

Or at least give me some credit for ranting on for so long with only my thumbs!

OK.

Top Bottom