• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    He wants to interact with us because we are so cool. I mean, who wouldn't want to hang with us? I can't say that I blame him. I would want to interact with me as well.

What is the best way to initiate an interaction? Krispy Kremes? :D

The police should have a "hang out with a (non-criminal) armed citizen day!" :patriot:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    What is the best way to initiate an interaction? Krispy Kremes? :D

The police should have a "hang out with a (non-criminal) armed citizen day!" :patriot:

Cops should go back to foot patrols. Even bike patrols don't give you the personal interaction you get with folks on foot patrol. You get to know who belongs in "your" neighborhood, who doesn't, and at least some folks will come to see you as protector and someone to trust instead of just a car whizzing past. I always enjoyed foot patrol.

Little bit of a threadjack, I guess.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    To be honest, I'm craving some real cop interaction. Every time a sherrif or someone drives by in a parking lot, I always turn my OC side to them in a non-chalant way, hoping they stop and talk to me. I guess I'm doing it right... because carrying is getting boring XD

#1: Are you some kinda cop groupie or wanna-be?

#2: They likely are not stopping you because they are too busy laughing that you carry an XD. :D

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    #1: Are you some kinda cop groupie or wanna-be?

#2: They likely are not stopping you because they are too busy laughing that you carry an XD. :D
    I believe the XD was meant for a smiley kind of deal. I've read other threads where GPIA7R carries a HK USP exclusively. Follow the context ;)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sorry for the lack of response.

Yes, I carry a USP 40. "XD" was a face.

I want cop interaction because I'm looking forward to a good discussion or conversation with a cop about the whole thing (if they were to bring it up). I've read plenty of interactions in this thread of people like you getting stopped or questioned by a cop... and after weeks of no interaction (which is good, don't get me wrong), I'd like something to spice the entire situation up. By no means do I want to argue with an officer. I really enjoyed the quick conversation I had with an officer that pulled me over last month, and I'd like more of that... whether to just see how nice one may be, or commend/appreciate them for how they handle some situations with patience and understanding.

I'm not looking for trouble or anything, I just want a genuine cop to approach me and talk to me, just so I can see if they're on the same page (much like many of your conversations with them in this thread.)

No, I'm not a cop groupie or wanna-be. I lead a very quiet and solitary life. I like interaction.

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    maybe some punctuation, friend?

anywho...
    stopped with my vehicle for a 5 car accident on the near north side this evening (i have amber and white lights for traffic and motorist assistance). officer showed up right at the same time. got out of my car with my safety vest on. could clearly see my gun on my hip, spoke to the cop helping (this was a very busy intersection during rush hour) and he smiled and said please do. dealt with the traffic and when the emergency vehicles cleared i told the officer to be safe and take care. he said the same and i took off. i have no idea if he noticed i was carrying but didnt seem any less comfortable working near me either way.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    maybe some punctuation, friend?

anywho...
    stopped with my vehicle for a 5 car accident on the near north side this evening (i have amber and white lights for traffic and motorist assistance). officer showed up right at the same time. got out of my car with my safety vest on.

i have no idea if he noticed i was carrying but didnt seem any less comfortable working near me either way.

#1: Was your vest OSHA approved?

#2: I'm wondering if the officer didn't care, figuring if someone wanted to play in traffic and get hit by a car, better you than him? I am surprised an officer would allow a civilian with their own set of wanna-be wig-wags to play in traffic...or are you one of the folks that drives around those Hoosier Helper vans?

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    yes, it was. i occasionally ask if an officer needs help if they are alone and something major has happened. i have lights from doing security in florida, and working with the orange county sheriffs department. i dont appreciate your negativity towards me. i dont impose myself on anyone and i dont pretend im a cop. i assist those who need assistance, and the people who understand where i am coming from appreciate the help. but that has NOTHING to do with my open carry event today....

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    #2: I'm wondering if the officer didn't care, figuring if someone wanted to play in traffic and get hit by a car, better you than him? I am surprised an officer would allow a civilian with their own set of wanna-be wig-wags to play in traffic...or are you one of the folks that drives around those Hoosier Helper vans?

:wtf:

I do hope you respond by at least attempting to play this off as a poor attempt at a joke.

Seriously.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    :wtf:

I do hope you respond by at least attempting to play this off as a poor attempt at a joke.

Seriously.

It was to be funny. I have a friend who has "hazard" lights, or what I call wanna-be wig-wags, in his personal vehicle. I give him the :rolleyes: all the time. He's an OCer to boot, though I don't think he wants cop interaction like some do.

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    Payless Liquors. There was a tall lady working there whom I see almoost every time I go in, and a shorter, dirty-dishwater blonde with a voice like static, whom I'd never seen before. As I brought my selections up to the counter, the shorter one asked if I had a badge to go with the gun. I told her no, and she told me that the owner's rule is that no-one can carry in the store unless they are an LEO. I said that I didn't see a sign on the door, and that it had never before been an issue. She started in about the owner's rules, blah, blah, blah, and to think about how it makes her feel to see someone walk in with a gun--liquor store, lots of cash on hand, females working late at night, etc. As I handed the taller lady my credit card, I handed the shorter woman one of the "No Guns = No Business" cards, which she began reading aloud. When she finished, she said, "Huh. I didn't know all of that." The taller one looked at her and said, "He's in here pretty often. I never say anything because his being here scares off the dirtbags. They think he's security. Sometimes one of them'll ask if he's a cop, and I say, 'yep. he is tonight.'" She smiled, and the shorter woman asked if she could see my LTCH, because she'd never seen one. I produced it, and again she said, "I didn't know all that stuff." I wished them goodnight, and went home to try and decide which bottle of stout I was going to use to make my Shepherd's Pie.

Dollar General. A woman and her son were behind my daughter and me in line. I heard them whispering, and finally she said to me that her son wanted to know why I had a pistol. By this time, there were about half a dozen other people in line behind them. I said, "Because this is America, and I can. Besides, police officers are too heavy to carry around, and ultimately I am responsible for my own safety and the protection my family."

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Sometimes one of them'll ask if he's a cop, and I say, 'yep. he is tonight.'" She smiled, and the shorter woman asked if she could see my LTCH, because she'd never seen one. I produced it, and again she said, "I didn't know all that stuff." I wished them goodnight, and went home to try and decide which bottle of stout I was going to use to make my Shepherd's Pie.

Did you ask the one lady to please not tell people you are an LEO? I don't like it when folks tell people I am something I ain't. That would be especially true for folks labeling one as an LEO. Telling folks you are security is one thing, as you technically could be "security," but just working for free.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom