• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    WOOT! I carried all around downtown too. Imagine that! Where were you guys? I didn't see a one of you on the news... No one got shot? WOW! I think our guns malfunctioned... No jumping out of holsters or anything? Must have fed them before you went! :p

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I was carrying concealed today, but while I was at Marlin Stutzman's US Senate Campaign kickoff BBQ, I met a guy who was OCing there. His name was Josh. I offered words of encouragement and camaraderie. I also invited him here.

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    I was carrying concealed today, but while I was at Marlin Stutzman's US Senate Campaign kickoff BBQ, I met a guy who was OCing there. His name was Josh. I offered words of encouragement and camaraderie. I also invited him here.

that is more than excellent. you have been repped my good sir

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    :)I drove all around downtown today and saw a bunch a people OCing, I was so impressed that I gave some of them water. I also saw a bride and bridesmaids walking down the middle of Wash. St. getting their pics taken.:)

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    :)I drove all around downtown today and saw a bunch a people OCing, I was so impressed that I gave some of them water. I also saw a bride and bridesmaids walking down the middle of Wash. St. getting their pics taken.:)

THANKS SUPPORT! It was really fun seeing you drive around and follow us. The fun part was that nobody knew you were with us as they drove by and werent watching the road. I think you were in more danger than we were...:patriot:

cue7467

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Westfield Indiana
    I semi-open carried today while attending the Earth Festival in Atlanta, Indiana. Well, I was there an hour before 2 Town of Atlanta police officers approached me from behind and asked to see my permit for my sidearm (Glock 32c). I produced the permit they sought and after 10 minutes of 1 of them starring at my license they asked me to conceal the firearm. I said, "Indiana is an open carry state, correct?" They said yes, but they were getting many complaints. I asked if the folks complaining also were concerned of the police officers open carrying? Also I asked about the few folks that had firearms at their stands/displays? They said they had addressed those folks and checked for their licensing also. Needless to say for lack of controversy, argument, and drawing negitive attention towards gun owners I concealed, as best as I could, the rest of the day.

I feel that these places (fairs, fesitivals, carnivals, ect...) become prime targets for scam artists, pick pocketers, and other people who prey on large crowd venues. Wether to steal merchandise, money, or your idenity they flock to these events. Everyone beware SOME of the small town police officers do not want us to exercise our rights in their towns. I personaly do not mind being understanding to their concerns, but I also beleive that they need to know that we do know our rights.

I later saw the same 2 officers trying to get a glance of my side to see if I was infact still open-carrying.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I semi-open carried today while attending the Earth Festival in Atlanta, Indiana. Well, I was there an hour before 2 Town of Atlanta police officers approached me from behind and asked to see my permit for my sidearm (Glock 32c). I produced the permit they sought and after 10 minutes of 1 of them starring at my license they asked me to conceal the firearm. I said, "Indiana is an open carry state, correct?" They said yes, but they were getting many complaints. I asked if the folks complaining also were concerned of the police officers open carrying? Also I asked about the few folks that had firearms at their stands/displays? They said they had addressed those folks and checked for their licensing also. Needless to say for lack of controversy, argument, and drawing negitive attention towards gun owners I concealed, as best as I could, the rest of the day.

I feel that these places (fairs, fesitivals, carnivals, ect...) become prime targets for scam artists, pick pocketers, and other people who prey on large crowd venues. Wether to steal merchandise, money, or your idenity they flock to these events. Everyone beware SOME of the small town police officers do not want us to exercise our rights in their towns. I personaly do not mind being understanding to their concerns, but I also beleive that they need to know that we do know our rights.

I later saw the same 2 officers trying to get a glance of my side to see if I was infact still open-carrying.

There's no need to be rude in doing so, but the response they would have gotten from me is a simple "no" in response to a demand to conceal. I feel no need or obligation to explain myself to an officer trying to stomp on Constitutional rights. If people are complaining, that the problem of those people, not mine. If a police officer wants to make a federal case out of it (and continued harrasment or an arrest would make the "federal case" part a literal), that only works to my financial and political advantage.

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    Nope it's a different bike. That little trick you linked to was so much fun I decide to get my road bike slicked up a little and see if I couldn't do it again only faster.:D

Not really, it is a different bike though more for riding on pavement. That other crash didn't hurt the stupid bicycle at all.

Friday I open carried to the Maple Street Resturaunt. I don't know who it was I saw, but I saw "you" tugging on your untucked Tshirt trying to hide a big old hog leg in there.

Which Maple Street? Orleans?

cue7467

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Westfield Indiana
    I beleive I could have been asked to leave at that point, correct? Even though it is on public streets and such?

There's no need to be rude in doing so, but the response they would have gotten from me is a simple "no" in response to a demand to conceal. I feel no need or obligation to explain myself to an officer trying to stomp on Constitutional rights. If people are complaining, that the problem of those people, not mine. If a police officer wants to make a federal case out of it (and continued harrasment or an arrest would make the "federal case" part a literal), that only works to my financial and political advantage.

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County

A Federal Judge in New Mexico had a ruling telling LEO's that they cannot detain lawfull OC'ers.
    Federal Judge Rules Police Cannot Detain People For Openly Carrying Guns - AR15.COM

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I beleive I could have been asked to leave at that point, correct? Even though it is on public streets and such?

I don't think you could be legally asked to leave, if it was on public property, a good question for an attorney. If they did, though, I think the best course would have been to do so, making crystal clear you were not doing so willingly for the recorder you should running for any police encounter, and follow up with legal complaints later.

The advent of super-duper cell phones sure has made such things as having recorders on hand all the time much easier. For me, it's one discrete button push and the recorder is running.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    A Federal Judge in New Mexico had a ruling telling LEO's that they cannot detain lawfull OC'ers.
    Federal Judge Rules Police Cannot Detain People For Openly Carrying Guns - AR15.COM

There is more than one court ruling that police cannot detain and demand ID simply for open carry, assuming it's legal to begin with. That doesn't mean some won't do so anyway. At that point, you have to decide whether to provide the ID, or take the arrest and head to court.

However, that doesn't mean the police can't just ask. Them asking you for ID doesn't equate to being detained. You clear that up by asking point blank if you are being detained for benefit of the recorder I mentioned earlier.

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    There is more than one court ruling that police cannot detain and demand ID simply for open carry, assuming it's legal to begin with. That doesn't mean some won't do so anyway. At that point, you have to decide whether to provide the ID, or take the arrest and head to court.

However, that doesn't mean the police can't just ask. Them asking you for ID doesn't equate to being detained. You clear that up by asking point blank if you are being detained for benefit of the recorder I mentioned earlier.

:yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom