• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Did you seriously just quote a post that is over 2 years old just to add your lousy two cents into a thread that has nothing to do with you? If you don't want to OC, then don't. But dont come here rolling your eyes and crapping in this thread just because someone carries differently than you. Seriously, we need neg rep back. What a douche.
    My first thought was, "now where is that neg rep". lol.

I suppose any form of carrying has as much to do with me as anyone else, and my opinion remains unchanged. There are a lot of things which are legal to do, but that doesn't mean that doing them is a good idea. I see no reason to open-carry when I can concealed-carry and avoid making other people uncomfortable. If, in your esteemed estimation, that makes me a "douche", then so be it. I prefer to think of it as more along the lines of being "adult".
    No, CC'ing doesn't make you a douche. Your attitude and the fact that you posted for no other reason than to troll a neg response out of those that do OC makes you a douche.

When I come to a thread that is specifically geared toward a discussion that either does not pertain to me, or that I disagree with, I choose to not enter into that conversation because I am not here for the sole purpose of causing trouble. THAT is my idea of being an "adult".

This thread is specifically for the discussion of places that you OCed today. Since you have stated that you do not OC, then this thread does not pertain to you. By posting your opinion on OC in an attempt to thread-jack, you have proven yourself to be a douche. I stand by my previous statement.
    ^ What he said.

I don't OC to make others uncomfortable. However, if it does make them uncomfortable that is their problem, not mine. There are lots of things other people do that make me uncomfortable. It doesn't mean they shouldn't do them.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Really? They've been posting "no firearms" here in WI.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Do the "no firearms" signs carry the weight of law in WI?? If not is it like In and they see, you can be asked to leave, with tresspassing charges if you refuse to leave?? Sounds any way like you guys in WI need to bombard businesses up there with "no guns = No $ dollar cards"

:)

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Really? They've been posting "no firearms" here in WI.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Sorry to hear that. It's a knee jerk reaction to the new laws, I'm sure. Unfortunately it'll probably take some time and legislative wrangling to remove the signs.

I'm a bit of a regular at the Shelbyville 'Bees, so I doubt they'd say anything to me anyway.

Tonight, it was Taco Bell in Shelbyville. The guy behind the counter asked what I was carrying when I went for a refill. After I told him, he said "I hadn't noticed earlier that you were carrying. I just saw it and thought 'Oh man, he's packing."

Three hunters came in and ate while we were there. I asked one if they'd gotten anything. He pointed to a four door sedan (smallish Honda-ish) where they'd strapped the doe to the trunk. Good for them. Hilarious hunting vehicle, however.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Family Express gas station on 45th in Highland. Went something like this when I came in to get my change:

Clerk: I gotta ask, why are you carrying a gun at a gas station at almost midnight?
    Me: I have a license to carry and you can never be too safe in a dark parking lot at night.
    Clerk: I guess so. That's the great thing about Indiana.

:yesway:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Family Express gas station on 45th in Highland. Went something like this when I came in to get my change:

Clerk: I gotta ask, why are you carrying a gun at a gas station at almost midnight?
    Me: Why aren't YOU carrying a gun IN A GAS STATION AT MIDNIGHT? Oh, and I have a license to carry and you can never be too safe in a dark parking lot at night.
    Clerk: I guess so. That's the great thing about Indiana.

:yesway:

FTFY.

:D

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    For all of you who open carry this thing in California should be of some interest. The article says its against the law to OC an unloaded gun, but says nothing of if its loaded. Dont personally care to OC but think it is a protected right we have and this is the beginning of that erosion of rights.

Capitol Alert: 'Open carry' ban wins approval in California Senate

Not sure but I believe its been illegal in CA to OC a loaded weapon. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    It has been illegal for a long time to OC a loaded gun, which is why they had to OC unloaded weapons. They just made it illegal to carry even unloaded guns, which now leads the way to file in court to get their rights restored.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    For all of you who open carry this thing in California should be of some interest.
    No not really. While Indiana currently has more Nancy-Boys than I care for, we still are not even close to enough to effect that great of a change in my life time. :popcorn:

The article says its against the law to OC an unloaded gun, but says nothing of if its loaded. Dont personally care to OC but think it is a protected right we have and this is the beginning of that erosion of rights.

Capitol Alert: 'Open carry' ban wins approval in California Senate
    Actually it has been illegal in Cali for quite some time to OC a Loaded Firearm...

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Do the "no firearms" signs carry the weight of law in WI?? If not is it like In and they see, you can be asked to leave, with tresspassing charges if you refuse to leave?? Sounds any way like you guys in WI need to bombard businesses up there with "no guns = No $ dollar cards"

:)

Depends on the municipality I think. Like the town I'm in, I could be fined even if I completely miss the sign. I'm pretty sure it is if you refuse to leave, you then get trespassed.

Oh, we've been handing out the No Guns = No Money cards. I have a bunch and have been sending them out to other Wisconsin Carry, Inc members (for free of course). Trust me, we are fighting hard to regain our right. We came so close to get Constitutional Carry. Oops, that's a bit off topic... :starwars:

Carry On! :draw:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Depends on the municipality I think. Like the town I'm in, I could be fined even if I completely miss the sign. I'm pretty sure it is if you refuse to leave, you then get trespassed.

Oh, we've been handing out the No Guns = No Money cards. I have a bunch and have been sending them out to other Wisconsin Carry, Inc members (for free of course). Trust me, we are fighting hard to regain our right. We came so close to get Constitutional Carry. Oops, that's a bit off topic... :starwars:

Carry On! :draw:
    Go to Handgunlaw.us and select the state you want. Keep scrolling down till you find it. It is toward the last pages of each state.

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    Yesterday, Wendys, Swifty in Jeffersonville, rode my Sportster, S&W 66 on my hip.
    Rode near two of Jeffs finest, one passed me in the right lane at about 15 mph above speed limit the other looked up from his laptop while we were driving up towads a red light at Main then looked back down.(Probably logged onto Americas Most Wanted keeping us safe.)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just came in from the balcony, watching the light show of a storm, puffing a nice cigar, and sipping a good glass of quarter cask laphroaig.

... Then the rain hit.

Edit: Also went to BW3 for a couple hours

Last edited:

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    Today I OC'd to Chick-Fil-A on 82nd, Harbor Freight and Gander Mountain in Castleton, and Sport Clips on Keystone. Then I went home and built a reloading bench! :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom