• Status
    Not open for further replies.

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    Walmart and swifty in New Albany. Saw a guy in W.M pointing my gun out to his wife saying you can carry them. Gave me .thumbs up when our eyes meet.
    Guy at the gas station asked "Is that a 357?"
    I answered and we chatted for a few until we needed to move our cars for other customers.
    Positive experiences all.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    Kittles, GSF, and Sam's Club.

Although, as I think about it, since it was chilly and I was wearing a jacket, I may as well have been CC'ing. ;)

zx6rman96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    El Puerto in Beech Grove, walked in with jacket over my M&P 40, took jacket off at dinner, so I (half way) open carried while I ate for 40mins. Went to Wally World to get some Federal hydra shocks...while I open carried again with my jacket over.....seen a dude in there looking at ammo also open carrying what appeared to be a .45 high point

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    UPS store, bank and Kroger in Columbus.
    LIAR!!! Carrying in banks is illegal and anyone who attempts to do so can't help but rob the place!!!

It was criminal how good I looked in it. :)

On the subject of OC:

Has anyone ever strapped on a pair of six-guns, frontier-west–style, and worn that out on the town? I can only imagine the reactions....

This is one of my dreams. I would love to have a couple colt single actions and custom crossing gun belts. First stop? The bowling alley. :draw:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    LIAR!!! Carrying in banks is illegal and anyone who attempts to do so can't help but rob the place!!!

Yep, the new branch manager at my bank told me last week that it's a federal crime to carry in a bank. I told him I'm going to xfer my accounts over to where I do my business banking... where carrying isn't a federal crime. :):

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Yep, the new branch manager at my bank told me last week that it's a federal crime to carry in a bank. I told him I'm going to xfer my accounts over to where I do my business banking... where carrying isn't a federal crime. :):

And his response was....?

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    It was criminal how good I looked in it. :)

On the subject of OC:

Has anyone ever strapped on a pair of six-guns, frontier-west–style, and worn that out on the town? I can only imagine the reactions....

Not a pair, but I do open carry a case blued ruger SA sometimes on a regular waist belt holster.

Sure, you get some looks, but gun hating idiots don't approve no matter what gun it is.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Well, since I bank at a credit union, I'm part owner. I'd find it odd that an employee would tell an owner that they can't carry.

(Yes, I know my part ownership is small, and no, I don't hold a place on the board, but I could. I like the idea that I'm a part owner and can "make the rules" even if it's minor.)

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    And his response was....?

The bank has those bogus signs that say, "We participate in the no guns, no sunglasses, no hats program." That stuff really irks me... there is no "program", you dolts... you're making this **** up to make it sound official.

He mentioned that he is a gun-owner and carries regularly, but not at work, because it's a federal crime to carry in a bank. After I told him he's flat out wrong, he asked if there's anything he can do to keep my business. I said, "you haven't done anything to earn it in the first place".

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    The bank has those bogus signs that say, "We participate in the no guns, no sunglasses, no hats program." That stuff really irks me... there is no "program", you dolts... you're making this **** up to make it sound official.

He mentioned that he is a gun-owner and carries regularly, but not at work, because it's a federal crime to carry in a bank. After I told him he's flat out wrong, he asked if there's anything he can do to keep my business. I said, "you haven't done anything to earn it in the first place".
    If you know somebody is wrong on something that you are familiar with do you think you can trust them with anything they tell you? I don't think so. Ask him what the latest refi mortgage rates are. When he gives you a number ask him if that's correct or if he is just making that up too:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom