• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    You can OC in OH without a license then? So like... on my motorcycle...

Acc. to opencarry.org:
    OpenCarry.org - State Information For Ohio
    Ohio is a traditional open carry state. Recently, the Ohio legislature passed HB-12 over Governor Taft's veto, thus preempting all local open carry bans even in Ohio's "home rule" localities. Unfortunately, despite passage of HB-12, a permit to conceal is still required to openly carry a handgun in a vehicle.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    ^ I understand the UT thing... but let me get this straight... it is LEGAL to OC in OH without any license of any kind... (I understand this is not a law book)

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    ^ I understand the UT thing... but let me get this straight... it is LEGAL to OC in OH without any license of any kind... (I understand this is not a law book)
    Oh, no doubt, but if you want to avoid "doing the dance" every time you get in and out of your vehicle, this would be one way to avoid it. Otherwise you can choose to be defenseless.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Open Carrying sometimes leads to awkward encounters for me. Like today at my church's mens group meeting. I was carrying my 380 in a holster that clips inside the pocket, but leaves a large portion of the gun revealed. And my pastor greets me with a, "is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" Which would be totally fine, if our 70 year old female church treasurer hadn't been standing right behind us. Open carriers must thrive on shuffling, blush inducing embarrassment. :P

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    ^ that is why I always CC around campus (because ignorant college kids and entitled administrative officers always have something stupid to say/do)

I almost always OC when Im back in fort wayne, though. Dont usually ever hear anything besides positives.

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    Jeffersonville

Had lunch with my wife at Tumbleweed then filled up at the nearby Meijer gas station.4" Model 66 on my hip one quick glance from a customer at Meijer other than that I don't think anybody noticed.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    A drop leg holster. Or, for that cowboy look, some old school gun leather.

All kidding aside, I've been fantasizing about a western rig and a pair of Vaqueros...

Would that be over the top? (Of course, you could really only do that with jeans. With chinos or dress pants it would just be tacky.)

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    All kidding aside, I've been fantasizing about a western rig and a pair of Vaqueros...

Would that be over the top? (Of course, you could really only do that with jeans. With chinos or dress pants it would just be tacky.)

That would be good ...but do they make a holster for a Glock??? :dunno:

Maybe this, over some Carhartts. :D (though, not sure the holster was made for that pistol.)

73756_ts.jpg

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Village pantry, Sears, walmart, Burger king, CVS, and then down the drive to check the mail. The only one to complain about it? My own sister, who needed a ride. Figures.

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    I put on my Sig and walked down to Yat's for some Cajun take-out. Joe (the owner) walked up to me and exclaimed, "You have a gun!" I got a laugh out of it. He then asked me if I was a cop, but my name was called for my food. I just looked at him and said "thanks", took my food, and walked back home.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom