• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I wanted to finish reading this thread all the way through before I OC'd for the first time, but I got my LTCH yesterday and I couldn't wait. Also, you people talk A LOT even though you've got NOTHING to say.

So I strapped my trusty XD to my hip with the crappy holster that came in the box with my gun (which I'm starting to like quite a bit) and drove less than two miles to pick up my friend at her house. We got back to my apartment and as I was unlocking the door she was standing behind me and saw my gun. Thats when the following conversation took place.

"Oh my god, is that a gun?"
    "Yep"
    "Is it real?"
    "Duh, of course its real."
    "Why would you carry a gun?"
    "For self defense and whatnot."
    "Oh yeah, you are really into that self defense stuff, aren't you..."

AND THAT WAS THE END OF IT. My friend knows I do martial arts, so I was able to use that to help explain why I carry. I didn't make a big deal out of carrying, and neither did she. I hope all my future encounters are this smooth.

PS- On a related note, I was at work laminating my LTCH and a couple of my coworkers saw what I was doing. One of them asked me why I felt the need to carry a gun. I told him it was for self defense and he said "Do you really think you'll need that in Bloomington?" I replied with "A friend of mine was mugged while jogging two days ago and I know that several people have been robbed in the parking lot of the grocery store less than a block from here." His response: "Oh. Well then, enjoy your gun!" :ar15:

Last edited:

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Disclaimer: The following must be read in a sarcastic tone:

I think this whole thread is hogwash! I have never seen anyone OCing in my life. I have been to a lot of Wally Worlds and gas stations in my day and have yet to see any of you! Just fess up and admit nobody does it.

Maybe I am just jealous since I am still an OC virgin. Been felt up under my shirt a few times, but never had the guts to whip it out! Its a .45 so I dont have caliber envy, why can't I just do it?

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    Ryans on S. 31, Greenwood. Grabbed a IWB without a sweat shield. Didn't want the pistol against my skin and was too warm to put a button-up over my T-shirt. I think almost no one noticed because the IWB was kinda' low profile.

Normally, I almost never carry OC. This place is a bad influence...

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Ryans on S. 31, Greenwood. Grabbed a IWB without a sweat shield. Didn't want the pistol against my skin and was too warm to put a button-up over my T-shirt. I think almost no one noticed because the IWB was kinda' low profile.

Normally, I almost never carry OC. This place is a bad influence...

The dark side is drawing you in.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I was OCing at Wally World and the gas station the other day.

I saw superjoe76 there but I don't think he even noticed me carrying.

:D

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The dark side is drawing you in.
    Darkside2-thumb.gif

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Starbucks a couple times.

Just left Walmart (which, Saturday night, was my first mistake)

Crowded as hell. I was in the self-checkout line (because I'm not showing my ID to a cashier for a credit card purchase -_- ). It wasn't moving... perhaps because there was no attendant, 30 people in line, and two of the customers at the checkouts were on their cell phones. I digress.

A lady from the jewelry booth/area calls me over to check me out at her register... which is odd, because there were people in front of and behind me. Nice. One guy followed me over and asked about my USP a bit. Says he's got a couple Rugers at home.

Next, to the gas station... Guy at cashier asked if I had anything planned tonight. I said "Nope, not yet.", he says "Oh? Figured you were out hunting someone" pointing at my gun. I chuckled a bit... but he didn't. If you make a joke like that, you need to at least smile or chuckle back, otherwise it's just uncomfortable... I nodded, smiled, and left... Feh.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Maybe he was someone who had previousy asked if you were LEO, and you gave him the, "No, I am an assassin." line.

Haha! Good thought, but he wasn't :P

I did get to use that again recently. Can't remember where I was though. Got a good laugh, highly recommended... until you say it to someone that's got a bounty on them or something, and they think you're serious XD

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Around Bloomington, to Crestmont park for some frisbee golf. The guy behind the counter at a BP on the west side couldn't keep his eyes off me when I ran in for a soda and snack. He asked what the deal was with my "sidearm". Also to the Walmart on the NE side of Indy, but I had a jacket on cause it was raining. No issues.

aaronsbig16g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    I just fixed the old neighbor lady's computer while OC'ing. Her response was, "Its nice to know that there are good people around here that carry guns."

That's priceless!

OC'ed in VP in Anderson, nothing interesting besides some guy honking and giving someone the bird at the intersection while I was pumping gas. And at Birds bbq in Daleville.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Never OC'ed before in public. Do at home as I work from home...Often in the summer I wear T shirts with sleeves cut out so low that one could see the top of my firearm without much trouble...JD

Colonel_Failure

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Walmart and BP. My Walmart cashier was talkative and cheery to the person in front of me and when he noticed the Glock 23 on my hip while I was loading up the conveyor, he got real quiet. Didn't say a word to me except my total. He must have been offended I didn't EDC an XD or 1911. :D

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Walmart and BP. My Walmart cashier was talkative and cheery to the person in front of me and when he noticed the Glock 23 on my hip while I was loading up the conveyor, he got real quiet. Didn't say a word to me except my total. He must have been offended I didn't EDC an XD or 1911. :D

He was trembling with respect! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom