Not open for further replies.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You can carry in parks in Brownsburg? You can't in Greenwood or Indy.:(
    Yup. Town Ordinance is very specific, and forbids firearms in specific town owned and administered BUILDINGS only.

EVERY other town in the area either forbids firearms in parks specifically, or on ANY town owned/admined property. We used to visit Avon, Danville, and Plainfields for our evening walks and a soda/snack/dinner after. They lost my business due to their policies.

Lets get that State Preemption bill passed!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Applebee's in Columbus tonight, no comments, no looks that I saw, the place was surprisingly dead for a Saturday night, the waitress couldn't remember anything, and my mojito was horrible... Lol.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gas station, Starbucks x2, Carwash, and Khol's.

Girl at the checkout at Khol's smiled and said "That's a gun!"

I responded: "Yep!"
    "Are you a cop?"
    "Nope, assassin." (loving this line)
    "Hah, so you're just a civilian with a gun, yeah?"
    "Yep"
    "I want a pink one..."

She laughed and took care of a customer.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Sounds like a great cashier to me.

OC'd at the flea market today, killing time, (and nothing else,) for an afternoon, and then at Steak and Shake afterwards.

Of course, I was ALSO CC'ing at the same time...wonder if that made a difference?

Yesterday, went to Applebees, (much like DarkRose.) The breadstick I got with my dish was oddly flavored, and my tea was remarkably bland....but I had a gift card, so who cares? Oh, and nobody even noticed my OC piece, (or the CC one.)

aaronsbig16g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    On my trip to Knop Creek on Saturday me and my three buddies open carried all day, except at the show. First we stopped for gas right out side of Indy, the clerk there was really nice to us. Stopped at exit 5 and ate a Burger King only one other customer came in, he seemed to be about the same age (mid 20's) I think he was a military guy, he asked if we where going shooting, we said no just headed down for the Knob Creek shoot. On the way home we stopped again at exit 5 and ate at Cheddar's, the staff was really nice but there where some people sitting behind us that where displeased with us. After ordering our food my buddy and I when to the bath room, apparently one of the ladies at the table said something to her husband and was pointing and shaking her head at my buddy and I with a discussed look on her face. The best part the couple had on Harley shirts and had helmets with them. In my opinion bikes and guns go hand and hand. Maybe she didn't like my XDM or my buddies Sig, lol.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Gas station, Starbucks x2, Carwash, and Khol's.

Girl at the checkout at Khol's smiled and said "That's a gun!"

I responded: "Yep!"
    "Are you a cop?"
    "Nope, assassin." (loving this line)
    "Hah, so you're just a civilian with a gun, yeah?"
    "Yep"
    "I want a pink one..."

She laughed and took care of a customer.
    Kohl's as a company is not gun friendly. I have had a long ordeal with them after being asked to leave one of their stores for OC. It took multiple emails and calls before I even received a response.

The response I received from their legal department via their H.R. rep is that Kohl's policy is to handle situations regarding firearms on a case by case basis. They do not prohibit nor allow the carry of firearms in their stores.

In my case they claim that two customers expressed concerns regarding my firearm. So they kicked me out.

I asked for this policy in writing and I was told that would not be possible.

I'm not sure which irritates me more, their non support of the 2A or their lack of customer service. I do know that I will no longer spend my money with them.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Staples, Wal-Mart and Buffalo Wings and Rings in Greensburg. I believe the only one at the restaurant that noticed was the guy out on his smoke break at the front door as we walked out.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I lacked the element of surprise and would have been the first one shot at Great Clips, Home Depot and CVS today.

I didn't get nearly the attention I craved so I may go back out again later.

:D

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Popped my OC cherry today at the Walmart on Keystone. As expected it was totally uneventful, yet somewhat liberating.

Edit: As an additional note, it was much more comfortable to carry. I also feel my weapon is much more accessible should I ever need to use it. I think I'm a convert!

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Popped my OC cherry today at the Walmart on Keystone. As expected it was totally uneventful, yet somewhat liberating.

Edit: As an additional note, it was much more comfortable to carry. I also feel my weapon is much more accessible should I ever need to use it. I think I'm a convert!

Welcome to the Dark Side!!!

:rockwoot:

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood

Congrats. That's one of the main reasons I OC most of the time as well, comfort.

jh46544

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Mishawaka
    on Bremen Highway in Mishawaka. Went in for IN and MI fishing licenses. Wound up getting some shotgun shells, 300 rds. of 9mm and a bunch of stuff for the BOB. Oh, and the licenses. Getting spendy. $70 for all species in both states. Still worth it though.

No one seemed bothered at all.
    Wally World? :dunno:
    Do you mean Meijer? :)

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    At McDonalds at I-70 and Mt. Comfort Road. I was standing in line and an older gentleman and three boys under 8 years old were standing behind me. One of the boys said, "Look. He has a gun. Why does he have a gun?" The old man with them said, "Just be quiet." I paid for the coffee (I wouldn't eat their food if you gave it to me) and left. I had to go to Indy to meet a doctor I will be working with for the next few months, so I was wearing a tie and dress pants. I have a cop hair cut and was dressed like a detective, so he probably thought I was LEO or something. My dress pants fit well, so there isn't room for an IWB holster. Pants that can accomodate the extra room for the gun are too baggy in the butt, so I have to OC or buy an ankle holster.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Wal-Mart and Target in Columbus this morning. Christmas Tree Shoppes, Texas Roadhouse, Flower Factory and PetSmart in Greenwood. Love's truck stop in Whiteland for some go juice.

I'd also gone to Toys 'R' Us, but I decided to minimize the risk and put on my leather jacket. It doesn't cover my sidearm completely, so I was hybrid carrying while browsing through the Nerf weaponry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom