88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The FBI? Are you joking?

No joke. From what I understand, my neighbor works for the State Police and they were taking the break in seriously. He may have been targeted by an organized group or something, but whatever the case, they had a bunch of cars there, guys dusting for prints and agents going door to door. It looked like something out of CSI.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    JoshuaW said:
    No such standard. The only restricted places are schools, government property, riverboats, restricted parts of air ports, and the occasional local ordinance making it an infraction to carry on local parks. If you are asked to leave a place, and you dont, you can be charged with trespassing. Signs regarding firearms have no legal weight in Indiana.

I appreciate the clear-up of this. I mixed up government property with others, and just meshed those together...

Regarding the Simon Mall comments - Has anyone ever had problems at the Greenwood Park Mall? I go there pretty often, very blaitently OC, and I've never heard a single word from anyone. I'm not shy about it, either. I walk through there like I did before I started carrying, and I don't avoid anyone... I think I've just had good luck there, apparently?

kimmi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Congratulations on coming out of the closet.:rockwoot: We are happy to have you.

I assume your outing was uneventful. Were you comfortable oc'ing or were you nervous?

Yes, it was uneventful. I went to Marsh later this evening, and the cashier definitely saw it, but she did not say anything.

I was nervous! I kept wondering if people would say anything to me and how I would respond if they did approach me. I'm sure that's something that will fade though as I OC more often and get more comfortable with it.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I appreciate the clear-up of this. I mixed up government property with others, and just meshed those together...

Regarding the Simon Mall comments - Has anyone ever had problems at the Greenwood Park Mall? I go there pretty often, very blaitently OC, and I've never heard a single word from anyone. I'm not shy about it, either. I walk through there like I did before I started carrying, and I don't avoid anyone... I think I've just had good luck there, apparently?

Look like you belong, and you belong. Simple enough.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Yes, it was uneventful. I went to Marsh later this evening, and the cashier definitely saw it, but she did not say anything.

I was nervous! I kept wondering if people would say anything to me and how I would respond if they did approach me. I'm sure that's something that will fade though as I OC more often and get more comfortable with it.
    Practice responses to specific questions. Don't just think about them in your head, say them out loud. Knowing what you will say if confronted will help calm your nerves. Even if you don't say what you've practiced if confronted you will still have confidence and more than likely be able to say what you want/need to.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Stopped in at Big R before work to pick up some ammo.

Seems one of the young employees had never seen anyone carry in there before.

Joe Williams helped by assuring him that I was just crazy. :nuts:

Then, of course, Joe tried to sell me a Glock

...again. :rolleyes:

:D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Stopped in at Big R before work to pick up some ammo.

Seems one of the young employees had never seen anyone carry in there before.

Joe Williams helped by assuring him that I was just crazy. :nuts:

Then, of course, Joe tried to sell me a Glock

...again. :rolleyes:

:D

I didn't call you crazy. The phrase I used was "people hunter."

And you just KNOW you want a Glock. Or maybe a High Point C9. We've got some really snazzy Galco leather paddle holsters for them, that even say "High Point" on the side. Drives the wimmins crazy!

johnsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

When I first did it, my heart was in my throat. Now, after 2 1/2 months, I don't think about it too much. I had to special order something in Menards today and the only remote question I had was from the guy taking my order. He asked about my K-bar, not my gun.

I'd really like to get more people OC'ing, just for the political statement it makes. I also think more people should get their LTCH for the same reason. There are forces out there that want to take our guns away from us. We need to exercise our rights, overtly, or we will eventually lose them.

Congrats, Kimmi, you're a hero of mine now.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Went to B&C Tool today to pick up my Uhaul. One of the employees was like, "He's got a gun!" He just stood there and wasn't doing anything. I just replied, "Yup, we should all be afraid of law abiding citizens." Anyway, they were very helpful. :)
    You should have turned toward him and yelled out "Look Out! He's got a (pen, pants, knife, pliers etc.)! Pick something they are wearing or holding. Then they can hear how stupid they just sounded.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    UP mall twice!? be ready to be asked to leave if they see you that mall is a simon property (vary anti) look and there code of conduct near the door.

It says something to the effect of only on duty police officers are allowed on offical duty to carry. :noway: Another member had a bad OC encounter there.

Our mall here in Columbus is also a Simon property I believe, and there's a no firearms policy posted with their rules at each door. I've also seen security (when I worked at a store there) ask people seen with guns to (very politely) go and lock them in their vehicle and continue shopping.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    my first OC today. :cool:
    went to walmart to get some ammo since they got a shipment in finally of 40 s&w.

why do people think its so illegal to carry a firearm. i had 3 people ask me if i was allowed to carry a gun. i wasnt asked at walmart but throughout the day.

most people didnt notice but those who did had a frightened look on there face. but i looked presentable jeans belt and t shirt tucked in.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    In the last few days:

Mijers off of 38th on the westside

Kinko's on 38th and Lafayette

Walmart x2 in Brownsburg (I had to get ammo) yesterday we Picked up my fiancee's G19 then got ammo for her. Today I picked up my G17 and had to get ammo for me...

Taco bell/KFC in Rochester

Shell gas station just north of Rochester

BP gas station about every other day on 71st and 465.

No one has really said mush other than asking who I work for, most people are too busy to notice.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Had some dude OC into the store today. Not that unusual, happens fairly often. But usually, when someone is carrying a Glock they have the good taste to cover it up :D

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Greenwood Mall today
    Greenwood Best Buy
    Greenwood Starbucks x2
    Greenwood BW3 (last night)

Some guy thought I cut him off while turning into Starbucks.
    He follows me in, parks, and exits his car in a very huffy mood. I can already hear him yelling and cursing me.
    I step out of my car, very non-challant.
    He stops yelling at me, scoffs angrilly, then goes back to his car.

I guess it was a fight he couldn't win, or wasn't interested in getting into? I'm certainly not an intimidating guy. Business clothing, well groomed...

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Greenwood Mall today
    Greenwood Best Buy
    Greenwood Starbucks x2
    Greenwood BW3 (last night)

Some guy thought I cut him off while turning into Starbucks.
    He follows me in, parks, and exits his car in a very huffy mood. I can already hear him yelling and cursing me.
    I step out of my car, very non-challant.
    He stops yelling at me, scoffs angrilly, then goes back to his car.

I guess it was a fight he couldn't win, or wasn't interested in getting into? I'm certainly not an intimidating guy. Business clothing, well groomed...
    Not that it would excuse his behaviour but did you cut him off? How do you know that is what he thought you did?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not that it would excuse his behaviour but did you cut him off? How do you know that is what he thought you did?

It was one of those situations where he had the red light, but wanted to make a right turn. I had the green left-turn arrow on the other side. I made my left turn while he was pushing out for the right. I swerve a bit more to the left to avoid hitting his dumb ass, but of course, I'm the bad guy.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    my first OC today. :cool:
    went to walmart to get some ammo since they got a shipment in finally of 40 s&w.

why do people think its so illegal to carry a firearm. i had 3 people ask me if i was allowed to carry a gun. i wasnt asked at walmart but throughout the day.

most people didnt notice but those who did had a frightened look on there face. but i looked presentable jeans belt and t shirt tucked in.

congrats to popping your OC cherry. Sorry to hear you were confronted on your first day. Don't sweat it and don't let it discourage you its your God given right not theirs they have their own.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom