Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Heh, so went to my usual places... Starbucks (new girl working there, she gave some glances), Walmart (couple customers glanced in the check-out lane), and BW3.

So, while I was at BW3 (sat in the bar area with a couple friends), our usual server is taking our orders and walking around to help other customers.

At one point, he walked too close and ran right into my holstered USP as he was walking by. He turned and appologized, and I just laughed a bit. He came back a minute later and appologized some more, saying that was probably the worst thing ever for him to run into, and that he probably freaked me out. I laughed again, and assured him that all is well. It was pretty funny.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Yesterday the wife and I went over to the Edinburgh Outlet Mall again for a quick purchase (saw the aftermath of a semi hitting a PT Cruiser; damage to Cruiser, minimal injury) and went to the Golden Arches for a quick burger. Standing waiting for our food, and there's two teenage kids (middle of the day, shouldn't they be in school?) waiting for their food too. I'm minding my personal space amongst the other people waiting and ordering when the guy next to me asks if I'd ordered. I told him I had, then I hear "Hey mister, what you mumble mumble?" It's one of the teenagers.

"Sorry?"

"What're you strapped up with?"

I told him what I'm carrying. I notice them both glancing at my double mag holder. They can't see my pistol actually on my hip, it's on my side opposite them.

"What is that, a .40?"

"Nope, a 9mm. I'd considered a .40 when I bought it."

"Oh, cool." They both glance at my mag holder again and turn back to discuss amongst themselves.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Went to Autozone after work. Havent been OCing much lately, since I started my new job. Im out of the house 12 hours a day, and I cant bring myself to go anywhere!

On a side note, I locked my key (only key, the original broke a few weeks ago) in my car. Spent two hours getting it out. Not a fun night.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Hi, my name is Hammerhead.

"Hi, Hammerhead."

This will be my one, two, three...umpteenth day open carrying.

*applause, murmurs of approval*

I carried today out to a local small town fish fry. Of the couple hundred people, men women and children that were having their fish or tenderloin sandwiches, including three sheriff's deputies (two of which had to have seen me carrying) nobody said a word.

"Good for you. Congratulations."

I was proud of myself. I didn't cause a scene. I didn't create panic. And I didn't go and complain when the coleslaw didn't taste very good, I just ate it anyway. One lady in line behind me might have noticed I was carrying and began to mockingly call for "security". I wasn't sure if she was doing that because of me or some other conversation she was having with the man in line with her, because I wasn't eavesdropping on her conversation, I was having my own. And I didn't turn around and snarl. I just got my fish and french fries and slice of apple pie.

"Good ole apple pie."

I hope I have the strength to open carry tomorrow. I know that every day I wake up and open carry, my world is a brighter, safer place. And I hope that every one of you can open carry too. Thank you.

*applause, handshakes and hugs*

:patriot: :rockwoot: :D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Hi, my name is Hammerhead.

"Hi, Hammerhead."

This will be my one, two, three...umpteenth day open carrying.

*applause, murmurs of approval*

I carried today out to a local small town fish fry. Of the couple hundred people, men women and children that were having their fish or tenderloin sandwiches, including three sheriff's deputies (two of which had to have seen me carrying) nobody said a word.

"Good for you. Congratulations."

I was proud of myself. I didn't cause a scene. I didn't create panic. And I didn't go and complain when the coleslaw didn't taste very good, I just ate it anyway. One lady in line behind me might have noticed I was carrying and began to mockingly call for "security". I wasn't sure if she was doing that because of me or some other conversation she was having with the man in line with her, because I wasn't eavesdropping on her conversation, I was having my own. And I didn't turn around and snarl. I just got my fish and french fries and slice of apple pie.

"Good ole apple pie."

I hope I have the strength to open carry tomorrow. I know that every day I wake up and open carry, my world is a brighter, safer place. And I hope that every one of you can open carry too. Thank you.

*applause, handshakes and hugs*

:patriot: :rockwoot: :D

I DO hope, old boy, you were dressed in suitable attire, groomed, manicured, shoes polished, back straight and portraying the proper angle of the head so that the nose is slightly in the air, showing your superiority!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I OC'd in the shower today, and I was not properly clothed.

I guess by posting this I was looking for a reaction but maybe not? I'll have to ask my ninja trainer G*****l. i have to block his username because this training is so secret.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I was dressed in only the smartest of Hanes t-shirt, Wrangler jeans, Skechers tennis shoes and my ever so sophisticated beat to hell baseball cap, so that I looked like only the most immaculate Country Boy.

Gawsh, just typing that made me want to kick my own keister.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    OC'd yesterday at the Flying J in Lebanon on the way to the 1500. Then at the 1500. Then at Applied Ballistics to put some rounds down range on the way back home. Chickened out before dinner, though, and tried out the new IWB holster at Fazoli's. If it helps, though, I was printing A LOT! :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Today, just to Menards and around the house and yard. A couple of months ago, a neighbors car was broken into and it was a fairly big deal with local police, state police and the FBI involved. I was OC'ing while walking the dog and stopped to talk to the neighbor to see if everything was Ok. I spoke with a couple of the agents that were canvasing the neighborhood and chatted with the neighbor for about 10 minutes all the while OC'ing my Kimber 1911 in the whole time, I don't think it even got a second glance. No questions or anything else. Just like it should be.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Today, just to Menards and around the house and yard. A couple of months ago, a neighbors car was broken into and it was a fairly big deal with local police, state police and the FBI involved. I was OC'ing while walking the dog and stopped to talk to the neighbor to see if everything was Ok. I spoke with a couple of the agents that were canvasing the neighborhood and chatted with the neighbor for about 10 minutes all the while OC'ing my Kimber 1911 in the whole time, I don't think it even got a second glance. No questions or anything else. Just like it should be.

The FBI? Are you joking?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm hoping to be seen by another INGO'er one day, and them post about it on here, and me say "HEY THAT WAS ME!"...

A little over a year now, and no luck =/

Seriously, I've never seen another person OC'ing in all my time. It's a bit disheartening.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Discount Wood Floors (or whatever it is called) on Sunday. The guys notices my INGO hat first (You have a gun?) and then looks down (Oh, I guess you do. Cool). I always find it funny that folks notice about ANYTHING, but never notice the gun first.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I'm hoping to be seen by another INGO'er one day, and them post about it on here, and me say "HEY THAT WAS ME!"...

A little over a year now, and no luck =/

Seriously, I've never seen another person OC'ing in all my time. It's a bit disheartening.

I'd see you, but you hang out at the wrong BDubs. :) I sometimes hang out at the one on US31.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom