Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just left the Starbucks at 96th in Carmel. Guy behind me in line said "Excuse me, I'm from New York, are you allowed to carry like that in this state?"

"Yep. Any way you like here in Indy."
    "Oh, hah, because in New York you can't do... Yeah"
    "Very different."

He came back a minute later and said "What about liquer stores and bars?"

I explained the "sign on the door" policy.

Another rare time that I was asked about it.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Couple weeks ago in the Circle K on Gladstone here in Columbus, Ruger MKII on my hip, me and dad going out to his property to do some brushwork.
    Guy I'd worked with somewhere before and his ladyfriend were behind me, and she must have said something because I heard him tell her "The guys that carry in the open are the ones you really don't have to worry about, right sir?"
    I just replied that it's nice to know where they are, but with a permit in Indiana, it doesn't matter if it's concealed or not.

Dad thought it was funny, he's got a lifetime LTCH, has had a permit for... 25+ years? He still prefers to leave his Bersa locked in the vehicle when he goes in somewhere...

Was my first OC.

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    None at all. I OCd to Wally World, Taco Bell, MDL Coffee and Tea Co. downtown, the Barber Shop & Guns all today in Greensburg.
    Cool. I just picked up my pistol today and will be sending off for my LTCH on monday. Just wanted to know if anyone got uptight about it. I was actually going to make a purchase through Barber Shop & Guns, but it was cheaper to go through Guns & Tackle on Lincoln.

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    Nope, then again, when I do my shopping, it isn't for very long (less than 30 minutes). I haven't OC'ed into any of the places that serve alcohol either, only CC then. I regularly carrying in Marsh.

I won't have many more opportunities as I am moving back to WI for a job.
    Right on. I usually do my shopping there also. Atleast I know they should be use to it. Good luck on the move.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I need to stop in over at Guns & Tackle, and should have today, but Barber Shop & Guns was literally on my way through town, and I wanted to stop and see if he had any ammo.

No dice. I'm sure I'll be back to check Guns & Tackle soon.

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    I've heard a few people talk trash about Guns & Tackle. I personally have never had a problem with them. I have bought both my firearms from them and will be going back for another.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I explained the "sign on the door" policy.

What "sign on the door" policy?

Anyways, I had the energy to actually be out and about for the first time in a couple weeks. Yesterday I went to McDonalds on County Road 17, the Speedway in Plymouth, the Philips 66 on Grape in Mishawaka, the Marathon on Grape, Midwest Gun Exchange, Chase bank on Main, Best Buy, and the UP Mall (Gamestop, to drop off the tea I went to three different gas stations to buy for my girlfriend). Lastly, I went to O'Riley Auto Parts on Cassopolis. I walked in on what had to be a great conversation on guns, but I didnt interject. When the guy helped me at the counter I gave an in ("Sounded like I walked in at the end of a great conversation!") but he didnt have anything to say to me. Oh well. It sounded like him and the other guy where talking about a local range/gun club where you can shoot anytime, day or night. I would have liked to have asked him about it, but I didnt feel comfortable since he didnt seem to have any interest in talking to me. If anyone knows the one they were talking about, please do tell!

And for today. Today I went to McDonalds and Speedway again, and the UP Mall again. As I was getting into my car at the mall, I had a great conversation with a fellow LTCH. Went something like this:

"Oh nice!" .... "So, whatcha carrying?"
    "Makarov today"
    "Really!?! I used to carry one!"
    "Cool. They are one of my favorites"
    "Yeah, I liked mine. Carry a Glock now"
    "Nice. Im thinking of picking a G26 up soon"
    "Cool. Well, great to see someone else carrying, thanks for supporting the 2A!"
    "Yeah, the same, great to meet you."
    "Yup. Stay safe"
    "Same to you" then I paused, and as he walked away it occurred to me to tell him about INGO, so I did. He said he would check us out.

That was my first "real" encounter with another LTCH. Always good to see others, even better to stop to talk with them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I meant that you can go into most anywhere, like bars and liquer stores, unless they have a sign.

So I'm at walmart. Little kid runs up and yells "are you a cop!?"
    "Nope!"
    "Then how'd you get that?!" he says, sticking his head into my hip
    "Bought it"

Later he ran back over saying "COOL GUN!!"

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I meant that you can go into most anywhere, like bars and liquer stores, unless they have a sign.
    What sign is that? No Indiana Code says anything about signs. Bars and liquor stores are fine legally (don't start the whole guns and booze debate again). Signs are just store policy.

Anywho - McDonalds in B-burg again (I gotta stop eating there) and then my hair cut tonight. The girls at the salon never even notice. I guess that's a goof thing.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    JoshuaW;1271340 UP Mall UP Mall again.[/quote said:
    UP mall twice!? be ready to be asked to leave if they see you that mall is a simon property (vary anti) look and there code of conduct near the door.

It says something to the effect of only on duty police officers are allowed on offical duty to carry. :noway: Another member had a bad OC encounter there.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What sign is that? No Indiana Code says anything about signs. Bars and liquor stores are fine legally (don't start the whole guns and booze debate again). Signs are just store policy.

Anywho - McDonalds in B-burg again (I gotta stop eating there) and then my hair cut tonight. The girls at the salon never even notice. I guess that's a goof thing.

Nah, I mean... if I see a sign, I'll typically not OC in that place, out of respect for the property. If it's a place just saying it for the sake of saying it, I'll cover up. All the bars and liquor stores I go to don't care that I OC there. I'm not really quoting Indiana Law or anything, but I figured that if there was a sign (like on a bank), that said "NO FIREARMS", that you weren't really supposed to take them there. Banks may be a different story though.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

So I'm at walmart. Little kid runs up and yells "are you a cop!?"
    "Nope!"
    "Then how'd you get that?!" he says, sticking his head into my hip
    "Bought it"

Later he ran back over saying "COOL GUN!!"

No such standard. The only restricted places are schools, government property, riverboats, restricted parts of air ports, and the occasional local ordinance making it an infraction to carry on local parks. If you are asked to leave a place, and you dont, you can be charged with trespassing. Signs regarding firearms have no legal weight in Indiana.

UP mall twice!? be ready to be asked to leave if they see you that mall is a simon property (vary anti) look and there code of conduct near the door.

It says something to the effect of only on duty police officers are allowed on offical duty to carry. :noway: Another member had a bad OC encounter there.

What sign? :D:D:D

Nah, since we just had that conversation above, I dont care about the sign. The sign says something to the effect of "No weapons, including but not limited to batons, knives, and firearms". Nothing about cops being allowed or not allowed to carry. I have never been approached by the security guards there, but I was nervous about it when I first started carrying. I would switch to CC for only the mall. Eventually I just said screw it. The guards have said things to my girlfriend about me carrying, as has her manager. The guards know her, and so I think they let me slide. Yesterday I was walking with her to take out some boxes, and I did notice a Mishawaka PD officer following me for a second, then I heard the guard say "Dont worry about it. We know her." So that is that. Maybe with time they will continue to adjust to the sight of me, paving the way for more OCers! Oh, and I have to do my obligatory plug encouraging all of you to go to Gamestop on Tuesday nights to preorder from her. They get more hours the more preorders they get, so she would appreciate it. Tell her Josh sent you, and ask her about the Taurus Raging Bull she wants.

Blasphemy! Blasphemy, I say! Gave up the Mak for a G-word.

Yeah! Who would trade one of the most perfect examples of Soviet-era steel for some gun made of plastic? I mean, who does that!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom