• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I don't OC. I feel better with my Baretta stowed comfortably and invisibibly in my IB holster under my shirt.

This is the OC thread.

That is fine, I CC and OC, look for the CC thread, you might fit in there better.:welcome:To:ingo:

Right, this thread isn't the place for debating OC versus CC. There are many other threads in which that debate has been played out. Here's the thread sj-kahr mentioned: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...elf_defense/89851-where_did_you_cc_today.html

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    After work, I went around town and ran errands. I picked up my new prescription sunglasses! I OC'd in a BigBox store to pick up my new prescription. No one said anything. No stares. Since I did not have time to go home and grab my things AND change clothes, I was still in my tie and fancy-clothes. I then went to a sub-sammich chain and got the turkey.. mmm... turkey. The young man behind the counter tried to give me the LEO discount. I told him grown men should pay for their food and that I was not an LEO. He rang it up for free anyway. He thought I was joking and I said no, really, I'm not a cop and then I paid for the food. The manager asked if he could have my gun since I wasn't a cop and I laughed and said he could have it if he wanted to try and take it! We all laughed and the young man asked me what kind of gun it was. I told him it was a Sig and he said he never heard of it. I got my sammich, put back on my new shades... and left. Now I'm eatting my sammich and on INGO!

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    After work, I went around town and ran errands. I picked up my new prescription sunglasses! I OC'd in a BigBox store to pick up my new prescription. No one said anything. No stares. Since I did not have time to go home and grab my things AND change clothes, I was still in my tie and fancy-clothes. I then went to a sub-sammich chain and got the turkey.. mmm... turkey. The young man behind the counter tried to give me the LEO discount. I told him grown men should pay for their food and that I was not an LEO. He rang it up for free anyway. He thought I was joking and I said no, really, I'm not a cop and then I paid for the food. The manager asked if he could have my gun since I wasn't a cop and I laughed and said he could have it if he wanted to try and take it! We all laughed and the young man asked me what kind of gun it was. I told him it was a Sig and he said he never heard of it. I got my sammich, put back on my new shades... and left. Now I'm eatting my sammich and on INGO!

The manager seriously asked for your gun? :draw:

YukYuPhat

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    The Pink Slip finally came! :rockwoot:

Then I went from Speedway to Avon on the motorcycle, OCing all the way. Went to Best Buy, and Office Max, to get my LTCH laminated. Went home and then back to Best Buy to pick up the Fiancee. Went into the store after hours, that's when someone said something, but only in jest, because of the before mentioned fiancee.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Everywhere, as always. Starbucks, Sam's Club, Kroger, Starbucks again...

There's a gas station at College and 96th. The cashier, Paul, immediately noticed my USP 40 and complimented it. We talked for a bit about what we carry, discussed where we shoot, etc. Asked if he was a forum member, says he's never really found time to look around at the indiana gun communities online. Nice guy, though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    KMart, gas station, 21st Century Firearms, barbershop, Subway restaurant, D & Z gaming store - all today. A Manager, a CSR and a customer in KMart all followed me around the store at one point or another.

Two nights ago I drove to my local BP (again) and had a very good conversation with a local LEO working 3rd shift. He was getting his coffee fix and chatting up the clerk for a minute while I purchased my soda. He kept flicking his eyes down to my Sig so I turned to face him and said, "Yep, I have mine."

He said, "Have what?"

I said, "My pink card."

He said, "Good! I thought you probably did. I think you applied for your LTCH about such-and-such time and I did the investigation for your package as I worked day shift then."

The clerk didn't seem to realize that I was carrying at all until she heard our conversation as she leaned over the counter to see what we were talking about. She never batted an eye, just smiled and grabbed her own cup of coffee.

kpt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Northeast Indy
    CVS at Merdian/16th

Had to pick up some allergy meds... I think the only person who noticed was the panhandler at the front door... as I approached he stood up and made his way to the far corner of the store and was still there when I left.
    No one else gave me a second look even tho there was a dozen folks near the front of the store.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    OC'ed to work and to the local grocery store. Stopped at the bank to cash my check. Nobody batted an eye, I guess everyone is used to it now.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    To my Neighbor's house without thinking about it. Went with no shirt on too cause I haven't gotten the nerve to get into my closet. Been dealing with Lice, so we thought the best thing to do was to go to the neighbor kid's house that have been here to warn their parents that we have been dealing with lice.

The whole time outside talking with the neighbor I caught them glancing over and over at my hip. And not just randomly. It was every time I spoke, their eyes went straight to my hip and then back up to my eyes. :): :dunno: Guess they don't like guns....

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Maybe it was just my awesomeness they couldn't ignore. Heck, maybe it wasn't my waist she was staring at... :dunno: :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh that's right! That little baby there you call a pistol, right? You must be one of the small guys that likes to say it's not the size, it's how you use it, right? :D

I guess if carrying a "Baby" Desert Eagle is trying to make up for a lack of masculinity, then I must have some SERIOUS issues, huh? :):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I OC'd on the officer.com board :p

I didn't leave the house today, but I probably would have carried openly if I had.

If I carry openly and there is no one around who is emotionally disturbed by it, am I still a retarded attention-seeker? On the occasions when I carry concealed, am I less retarded and less attention-seeking? I probably should go there and ask. I'm sure they'll be happy to evaluate me and tell me why I do what I do.

Hmm. I think I'll try to wear my seatbelt concealed. And I'm going to go around and conceal all the fire extinguishers too. :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Let's see I OC'd to the PX, Green Beans, Gym, DFAC, and Finance. Not even a peep out of anyone...

On a side note did you know that in the USAF it is perfectly fine to OC, but if you need to CC you must have a permit to do that in an Active Combat Zone...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom