Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OC'd to Gamestop. While walking in, another guy was going in and said "Don't shoot!", then chuckled... While inside, I was standing behind him in line, and he told the cashier: "This guy behind me is going to rob you and get one of those new 360's, I think I'll help him and get one myself!"

It was half funny, half embarassing... because obviously the cashier didn't know the context. I just looked at him and smirked..

Other than that, all around Greenwood today. Greenwood Mall, Starbucks, Walmart (out of Guinness!), etc. Probably going to the "Freedom Festival" tomorrow night at Craig Park to see the fireworks. Will likely OC with an overshirt.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    OC'd to Gamestop. While walking in, another guy was going in and said "Don't shoot!", then chuckled... While inside, I was standing behind him in line, and he told the cashier: "This guy behind me is going to rob you and get one of those new 360's, I think I'll help him and get one myself!"

It was half funny, half embarassing... because obviously the cashier didn't know the context. I just looked at him and smirked..

Other than that, all around Greenwood today. Greenwood Mall, Starbucks, Walmart (out of Guinness!), etc. Probably going to the "Freedom Festival" tomorrow night at Craig Park to see the fireworks. Will likely OC with an overshirt.
    I thought the fireworks were tonight, not tomorrow night.

Also, just a caution, generally, carrying your gun in a public park is unlawful. For instance, in Beech Grove and Indianapolis, it's a big no-no. However, other cities like Noblesville make no mention of it in their municipal code. So, I'm not sure what the Greenwood laws are.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I just went to Appleworks in Trafalgar, IN and OC'd. Buy a bushel of apples to make applesauce with the wonderful Mrs.

Shortly after, we cut through the country and went to downtown Columbus, IN and open carried at the Farmer's Market. I ran into a lot of people from our church and several of them wasn't aware I carried. I figured almost everyone knew.

A young boy about 9 in my peripheral asked his dad if I was a policeman or told him I had a gun. I was in mid-conversation but still trying to listen to make sure it wasn't a MWAG! moment. The dad explained, properly, to the young boy that in Indiana men could carry guns and not be cops. It's probably pretty obvious that I am not LEO.

A fine day for sure!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Also, just a caution, generally, carrying your gun in a public park is unlawful. For instance, in Beech Grove and Indianapolis, it's a big no-no. However, other cities like Noblesville make no mention of it in their municipal code. So, I'm not sure what the Greenwood laws are.

Ah, you're right! It is tonight. Yeah, I'll check the laws first. I've taken walks through the park before... never noticed any signs.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Dropped off my daughter at her grandmothers work in Huntington. Rode down on the bike with my XD45 on my hip in paddle holster. I had to chuckle at the weapons prohibited sign at the entrance to the parking lot. they will have to change that starting in July. Stopped on my way back to fill up the bike with gas. Cashier was out front when I pulled up. He didn't run back in the store to call the police!! Rode home, no trouble.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    Out of town this weekend. In Vincennes, IN for a swim meet. Went to Mark' Factory outlet fireworks. They were doing a radio remote there at the door as we were walking in. The owner greeted us as we entered. We told him we just wanted to shop for a bit. He then thanked me for supporting the 2A. I then spent $50 that I wasn't planning to spend. Good for him and me!

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I OCed in a gun shop and a mall

Went to Blythe's Gun Shop in Valparaiso to buy my wife a carry gun (Ruger LCR) and then went to run some errands at the Southlake Mall in Merrillville. Had the wife and kids in tow. Had my son riding on my shoulders and holding my daughter's hand. Maybe people saw the 1911 on my hip (along with my badge), but no one seened to think too much of it, especially since my kids seemed so comfortable around a "gun-toting man."

I tend NOT to OC, but every now and again I tempt the fates.

Vanguard.45

P.S. Blythe's is a GREAT shop with which to deal. Good people and fair treatment. I am a VERY satisfied customer.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Went to Blythe's Gun Shop in Valparaiso to buy my wife a carry gun (Ruger LCR) and then went to run some errands at the Southlake Mall in Merrillville. Had the wife and kids in tow. Had my son riding on my shoulders and holding my daughter's hand. Maybe people saw the 1911 on my hip (along with my badge), but no one seened to think too much of it, especially since my kids seemed so comfortable around a "gun-toting man."

I tend NOT to OC, but every now and again I tempt the fates.

Vanguard.45

P.S. Blythe's is a GREAT shop with which to deal. Good people and fair treatment. I am a VERY satisfied customer.

I'm surprised on both counts! I've always CC when I go into Westfield...the "security" there is a joke (an old roommate of mine works security there) and they tend to give people problems for OC. Did they even notice you were OC? I may try it soon. As for Blythes, perhaps they treat you differently because you're older. I tend to get the condescending routine when I go there, so I tend to avoid entering their store.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Did 150 miles yesterday with my FNp 45 on my right hip. I got looks, stares, screams, threatened to call the cops etc. etc. Oh how I love riding through Fort Rain open carrying. Southtown and RiverHaven are my 2 favorite places to carry on the bike.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    What badge?

I hope it was this one:

badge_concealedw.jpg

Which, of course, would be ironic.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

its against the law to carry in a Beech Grove Park? im seriously just asking. i wasnt aware of this.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    No i just covered up. I was with my wife and kids so didnt want to make a scene.
    :xmad::ugh:

its your right. if someone told you to give them all your money would you comply with them so you wouldnt make a scene?

they have no legal way to make you cover up your weapon and most of them know it, but they still ask because they know there are plenty of people like you who will lay down and take it. Stand up for something or you'll fall for anything

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom