• Status
    Not open for further replies.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Been in the Indy area most of this week so I'll list what I can remember. OC'ed in Speedway at Taco Bell, CVS and the Speedway gas station on 16th Street. Had one IMPD officer about 30 feet away say hi and asked how my day was going. I said good and asked him the same. OC'ed in the Avon Wal-Mart on Rockville Road. Downtown on the 600 block of East Washington St. Marathon Gas station on the corner of East Troy Ave and Keystone Drive. Speedway Gas Station on Lynnhurst off of I-70. And the Fazoli's on the corner of Lynnhurst and 16th Street. Had a group of kids, late teens early 20's, dressed like card carrying members of the Wu'Tang Clan watching every move I made, but other than that, I had no issues anywhere.

Last edited:

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    I OC'd outside the trailer today, when the neighborhood kids were getting the water balloons Cathy had filled up for them. There was a lot of screaming and running involved, mostly from Cathy. But that was mostly because I held one balloon back from the brats and ambushed her with it.

I'm pretty sure that there is some sort of punishment for that.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    I OC'd all over the place today. I went most of the day without anyone saying anything until I stopped in "Hoosier Pete's" Marathon station on 56th and Lafayette. Someone in line behind me decided to get uppity about it. He said something along the lines of "Hey man, are you here to hold the place up? If not, leave your gun at home, John Wayne." I ignored this person, but shortly after he said this, the clerk chimed in. To my surprise, it was in my defense. The clerk (who is a foreigner who immigrated to our fine country) told this jackhole that he is glad that there is someone in his store with a gun that isn't trying to rob the place because that means that is going to scare off the people who might rob the place. He then proceeded to tell this dolt that he loved this country and its constitution, and that he could take his anti-american views to someplace else to do business. So +1 to Hoosier Pete's. I'll be going there more often. We need more immigrants like the guy who works there.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I OC'd all over the place today. I went most of the day without anyone saying anything until I stopped in "Hoosier Pete's" Marathon station on 56th and Lafayette. Someone in line behind me decided to get uppity about it. He said something along the lines of "Hey man, are you here to hold the place up? If not, leave your gun at home, John Wayne." I ignored this person, but shortly after he said this, the clerk chimed in. To my surprise, it was in my defense. The clerk (who is a foreigner who immigrated to our fine country) told this jackhole that he is glad that there is someone in his store with a gun that isn't trying to rob the place because that means that is going to scare off the people who might rob the place. He then proceeded to tell this dolt that he loved this country and its constitution, and that he could take his anti-american views to someplace else to do business. So +1 to Hoosier Pete's. I'll be going there more often. We need more immigrants like the guy who works there.

Too bad the first guy had to show his immaturity with the juvenille outburst. Major props for the other gentleman for sticking up for you even though he doesn't know you. That is so awesome that he feels so strongly about this great country.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

That is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing that great story!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    In Greenfield, Kroger, Wal Mart, Casey's. In Indy, Speedway, 16th & Post
    twice, Gas America, 10th & German Church, parked right next to IMPD,
    Meijer, E. Wash., Gas America, Mt. Comfort & Wash., Crystay Flash in Greenfield...

technobear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    walmart, gas station (they love it when i carry, seriously, theyve been held up alot and they like to see people that are legally carrying in thier store)

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    When I get my LTCH I will most likely never open carry. I think it could give the hard core criminal an advantage over you. If they're going to get nutso and pull a robbery with a gun and you happen to be there, they'll never see yours coming. If they're behind you, there's a chance they could disarm you if they see your Calahan. JMO.

johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN
    When I get my LTCH I will most likely never open carry. I think it could give the hard core criminal an advantage over you. If they're going to get nutso and pull a robbery with a gun and you happen to be there, they'll never see yours coming. If they're behind you, there's a chance they could disarm you if they see your Calahan. JMO.

I agree with ya, barearms. I think that OC might very well increase your chance of becoming the BG's first target.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I agree with ya, barearms. I think that OC might very well increase your chance of becoming the BG's first target.

Why one might believe this, the evidence vastly leans the other way.

Bad guys look for easy targets, not potentially deadly ones.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    When I get my LTCH I will most likely never open carry.

Then this will most likely never be a thread where it would make sense for you to post. ;)

I think it could give the hard core criminal an advantage over you. If they're going to get nutso and pull a robbery with a gun and you happen to be there, they'll never see yours coming. If they're behind you, there's a chance they could disarm you if they see your Calahan. JMO.

I know you're new, but the merit of these opinions has been debated in other threads.
    Further discussion of your reasons to not OC belong elsewhere. Thanks.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Seems some folks have problems figuring out where to post their comments. This thread, for example, is to post where you have OC'd. If you haven't OC'd, there's really no need to post in here. There are plenty of threads to share your CC/OC preferences and rational.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    And to the purpose of this thread, I spent yesterday morning and early afternoon OC'ing around downtown Crawfordsville. In and out of several business, around (not in) the courthouse, etc.

Usual boring experience. Nobody said a word, don't even know if anybody noticed. Not the shopowners, customers, people walking by on the sidewalk, sheriffs and city cops from several towns hanging around the courthouse. Just the way it should be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom