• Status
    Not open for further replies.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I'm not a fan of OC. I would never let anyone know that I have a firearm on me and doing it on purpose just seems stupid. You need to keep in mind that there are people out there that would kill you and your family just to get your firearm. I know that some of you think that this is cool,and that doing this gives you a feeling of power but you give up much more than you gain.
    If you would take some classes in firearm disarming you would never have your gun in the open after the class. You can be disarmed at the drop of a hat. If I'm out and I see someone with a gun in the open the first thing I think of is, they have no training and they just got there CCW in the mail today. Most of the time I can tell they know nothing about firearms buy looking at the firearm and the holster. When I see someone with there firearm in the open, and just the slightest thing seems out of place I'm ready for a gun fight and I never let them out of my sight. You my think that I'm just running my mouth but I have CC'ed for 30 years and believe me, you give up much more than you gain. If you OC you run the risk of having someone kill you or someone else with your own gun. If they will kill for $10.00 worth of dope they will kill for that gun. Sorry if I upset anyone but I'm taking this as a safety issue for all our members.

How many street thugs would know how to disarm properly? Also; if you train with any disarming expert, the FIRST principal taught is; if you're wielding a weapon, CREATE DISTANCE. Gun disarming techniques don't work when this key element is in place.

Just my HO.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Lowes, Noblesville, Hwy 37

Minding my own business walking down the middle main isle trying to find some concrete sealer (which is not with the lumber like it used to be btw) and I get stopped by an employee.

Him: Sir you will have to cover that.
    Me: I'm sorry, what was that Sir?
    Him: Your gun, you need to cover that. It needs to be concealed.
    Me: Sir, I'm sorry but it doesn't, it's a LTCH, not a concealed carry license.
    Him: I know, I have a concealed license, it needs to be concealed. You can only open carry a shotgun.
    Me: :n00b: I'm sorry Sir but you are wrong, it's a carry license but ok, I will. Have a good one.

Thats when you ask him to take out his "permit" and read it. I had a manager at cabelas when it first opened say the same thing. I made him take it out and read it. He didn"t believe his eyes, it was opening week and I made him go over to the Hammond cops at the door and ask.

This is one of the biggest reasons people need to correct everyone how calls their LTCH a "ccw" or "ccp" or whatever other inccorect acronym they use.

You handled it well. Next time tell him to read his so you can see the bewilderment on his face. It"s hilarious. :cool:

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    I took it up a notch today. Usually I lightly conceal when I walk to fastfood near me in Hammond on the weekends and then if it's a jacket take it off after I sit down. Today I walked to Burger King on 169th and Kennedy, 30 minutes OC each way. No problems whatsoever :) Kind of sucks that I have to go around school property though. I'm going to OC at Meijers in Highland later today as well.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I OC'd all day yesterday, went to Meijer and Menards; while I went to Menards to pick pesticide for my Apple Trees, also picked up another tomato plant. While browsing the plants, a lady and their husband struck up a converstation with me. We were conversing about the different ways to transplant // grow etc; out of the blue she asked me "So what's up with the gun thing?"

Me: "We have a 2nd amendment right, I choose to exercise it."
    Her: "Do you open carry because CC is illegal?"
    Me: "No, it's a matter of personal preference, if you're properly licensed in the stat of Indiana you may choose to carry either way. "
    Her: "Oh, I did not know that."
    Me: "Have a great day folks!"

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'm not a fan of OC. I would never let anyone know that I have a firearm on me and doing it on purpose just seems stupid. You need to keep in mind that there are people out there that would kill you and your family just to get your firearm. I know that some of you think that this is cool,and that doing this gives you a feeling of power but you give up much more than you gain.
    If you would take some classes in firearm disarming you would never have your gun in the open after the class. You can be disarmed at the drop of a hat. If I'm out and I see someone with a gun in the open the first thing I think of is, they have no training and they just got there CCW in the mail today. Most of the time I can tell they know nothing about firearms buy looking at the firearm and the holster. When I see someone with there firearm in the open, and just the slightest thing seems out of place I'm ready for a gun fight and I never let them out of my sight. You my think that I'm just running my mouth but I have CC'ed for 30 years and believe me, you give up much more than you gain. If you OC you run the risk of having someone kill you or someone else with your own gun. If they will kill for $10.00 worth of dope they will kill for that gun. Sorry if I upset anyone but I'm taking this as a safety issue for all our members.

I'll bet you a Benjamin that you can not get my pistol out of my holster before you get hurt.
    I'll even make it easy for you; first I'll leave my knives off, and second I will use a Yaqui style holster with no retention.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle

Your post is off topic and should be reserved for a OC/CC thread. However, I too will reply to it. Along with all those disarming classes you should have taken some weapon retention classes.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I hope I get my CCW in the mail soon.

Back on topic, last night I OCd around Mishawaka and South Bend. First, to Jo-Ann fabrics (yes, with my wife) to get some fabric and whatnot. Next was to Home Depot. Wings Etc. was next for 24 suicide wings. Not bad, but they don't do a very good job of covering the wings in sauce. B-Dubs is better. Last was to Culver's Frozen Custard. MMM...gotta have something smooth to chase all those hot wings.

It's funny. even though everywhere I went, I shouted "Look at me!! I'm an attention whore!!!" and "YEEEHAAAAWWW I'm a cowboy!!" nobody disarmed me or targeted me for OCing or ran for cover or even glared disapprovingly at me or legislated your rights away. Well, maybe next time.

Even the nice ladies at JoAnn Fabrics didn't care, and I'm sure I talked to at least 5 of them.
    Oh yeah, my wife was mad because the cashier @ Home Depot was hitting on me.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Sorry guys I was just having fun with the idea of getting a concealed carry weapon in the mail.
    I do have a LTCH.
    I didn't really yell that stuff about "Look at me!! I'm an attention whore!!!" and "YEEEHAAAAWWW I'm a cowboy!!" either.

The part about nobody caring, disarming me, targeting me, or killing me was true though.

If you would take some classes in firearm disarming you would never have your gun in the open after the class. You can be disarmed at the drop of a hat. If I'm out and I see someone with a gun in the open the first thing I think of is, they have no training and they just got there [sic] CCW in the mail today. Most of the time I can tell they know nothing about firearms buy looking at the firearm and the holster. When I see someone with there firearm in the open, and just the slightest thing seems out of place I'm ready for a gun fight and I never let them out of my sight. You my think that I'm just running my mouth but I have CC'ed for 30 years and believe me, you give up much more than you gain. If you OC you run the risk of having someone kill you or someone else with your own gun. If they will kill for $10.00 worth of dope they will kill for that gun. Sorry if I upset anyone but I'm taking this as a safety issue for all our members.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Sorry guys I was just having fun with the idea of getting a concealed carry weapon in the mail.
    I do have a LTCH.
    I didn't really yell that stuff about "Look at me!! I'm an attention whore!!!" and "YEEEHAAAAWWW I'm a cowboy!!" either.

The part about nobody caring, disarming me, targeting me, or killing me was true though.

Ohhhhhh, sorry. I missed the concealed carry sarcasm. My bad.

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    Yesterday my mother had surgery and on the way home the van sucked all the coolant into the crankcase. Don't you just hate it when that happens? But, I had to go later with a friend to pick up the van at the rest stop just west of Indy on 70. I had been CCing my "pea shooter" (25acp) all day but when the van quit, I strapped on the SW59 and I OC'd all the time we were waiting on a ride (about 2 hrs at the rest stop) the whole rest of the day during all the travel time to and fro, during the pickup and during the drop off at the place of repair.

I only got one look at the rest stop during the pickup of the disabled van. Some guy caught my hanging holster out of the corner of his eye, did a double take just as I saw him. Gave me a smile and a wave. Honestly, I think it was an, "Oh! Hello officer..." wave.

I talked with the guys at the repair shop while I explained what happened. One of them saw the holster but never acted in anyway apprehensive.

Taipan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Greenfield, IN
    Heck, I didn't even OC at the 1500 today. I was going to, but Cathy said my outfit looked better with the shirt that doubles as cover garment on. And, I'm all about looking hot when heading out to a formal event :D I did flash it at people though to show off my new grips.

I was rather surprised that I only saw one other person besides myself that was OC'ing Friday at the Indy1500 (besides all the rifles, of course).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom