• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Opened carried at Cracker Barrel and Target with my wife in tow. As we were getting back in our van I mentioned that no one even noticed. She got all paniced and said something like, "what?! That's crazy. blah blah blah." I said, "well you didn't even notice, why would I be worried about the sheeple noticing?"

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Downtown Mishawaka for the Memorial Day Parade. XD40 Service in a paddle holster. Sat (and stood) on the corner right at the beginning of the parade. Walked past tons of cops, waved at them, talked to people near me. I was there with my wife and 3 kids for about 2 hours. Saw a couple color guards that were "open carrying" as well.

OC'd at the Meijer south of Mishawaka for a little while also.

Nobody cared.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Over the past three days, OC'd in multiple rest stops, gas stations, and fine dining establishments in Indiana, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Kentucky, not to mention my in-laws and Mom's house.

Cathy got to OC for the first time in all the above places except for Indiana. Gotta get a money order in the mail this week for her permit. If anyone took note of me, I didn't notice. But Cathy drew a few looks. I reckon folks just don't expect to see a woman with a big ass .45 in a shoulder holster LOL.

And I'm still more a fan of CC LOL. But OC is sure easier and more comfy sometimes.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I OCd my sub-compact bi-tone XD9 up and down georgetown road Saturday afternoon from about 5pm to 9pm by the speedway as I was riding around on the bike. And a little in the coke lot too nobody seemed to give a damn. Even got the redlight in front of about 20 state troopers a few times and they just smiled nodded and waved.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Lowes, Noblesville, Hwy 37

Minding my own business walking down the middle main isle trying to find some concrete sealer (which is not with the lumber like it used to be btw) and I get stopped by an employee.

Him: Sir you will have to cover that.
    Me: I'm sorry, what was that Sir?
    Him: Your gun, you need to cover that. It needs to be concealed.
    Me: Sir, I'm sorry but it doesn't, it's a LTCH, not a concealed carry license.
    Him: I know, I have a concealed license, it needs to be concealed. You can only open carry a shotgun.
    Me: :n00b: I'm sorry Sir but you are wrong, it's a carry license but ok, I will. Have a good one.

I walked off covering it but my T-shirt only covered the grip. This was the first time someone had stopped me or said anything about my gun. I was a little surprised how well I handled it actually.

:ingo:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I OC'd to the playground down the street with my daughter this afternoon. I have to say it was the first time I was a little nervous about man with gun calls because of all the parents with their kids their. There were probably five or six families and a basketball team practicing. I thought someone would get bent out of shape. Nothing happened though, I'm happy to say. I just had fun with my daughter.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sam's Steakhouse in Terre Haute (where we open carry all the time).

We had an interesting discussion about it with a waitress. She expressed a fear/disliking of guns, but after some discussion she took a business card and said she might find something new to love (i.e. shooting). That's a positive interaction that would not have occurred had we concealed.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Heck, I didn't even OC at the 1500 today. I was going to, but Cathy said my outfit looked better with the shirt that doubles as cover garment on. And, I'm all about looking hot when heading out to a formal event :D I did flash it at people though to show off my new grips.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Sam's Steakhouse in Terre Haute (where we open carry all the time).

We had an interesting discussion about it with a waitress. She expressed a fear/disliking of guns, but after some discussion she took a business card and said she might find something new to love (i.e. shooting). That's a positive interaction that would not have occurred had we concealed.

That is what this is all about Rhino. Rep for you sir. Not that you need it.........................:ingo:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I OC'd this evening at Menard's along with my INGO Tactical hat and my INGO shirt while I got some paint and rollers to finish up my bedroom.
    We were in there a for about 45 mins and I didn't notice anyone getting bugged out about it.
    No one said anything except when we got home, my wife said "you were carrying like that when we were at Menard's?" I told her I did because I can... and that was that.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I OC'd this evening at Menard's along with my INGO Tactical hat and my INGO shirt while I got some paint and rollers to finish up my bedroom.
    We were in there a for about 45 mins and I didn't notice anyone getting bugged out about it.
    No one said anything except when we got home, my wife said "you were carrying like that when we were at Menard's?" I told her I did because I can... and that was that.
    Isn't it great when your wife doesn't even notice you OCing?

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I just got my lifetime Friday !!! I had to wait until Saturday morning before I went to Bradis and picked up a holster for my 1911. Once I slapped on my holster and 1911, I've OC'd since - I had some fuss from the ol' lady at first so I had the top of my shirt over my pistol, it was still obvious that I had a piece.

Carried at UPS store, where I got my Lifetime lamanated; the lady at the counter was very interested in my 1911 and we talked about guns and how cheap the Lifetime permits really are. Greenwood Park Mall, then went to Avon, Carried at Bed Bath and beyond, Best buy, Target and Meijer. We then headed to family video; upon walking in, we saw a younger male OC'ing his G19 ( I think ); I made the remark to my Fiancee "His woman doesn't have an issue with him OC'ing". A conversation was struck between the fellow and myself - I've OC'd since :)

Whoever you are dude - THANKS :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom