• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    OCed to Texas Roadhouse in Muncie tonight. Our waitress did notice, but she didn't seem to care at all. She also gave us some of the best service we've ever had at this location. The manager stopped by to check on our dinners as usual, and I noticed her glancing at my side, but she didn't say a word about it and was very friendly. Tipped our waitress 25% and left with no issues.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I OC'ed in Kroger today. Got a deer in the headlights look from some big burly guy. Said hey, how ya doing? and he just kept staring at my waist. I think he may have been a little.... left. :):

Also OC'ed in CVS here in Plainfield to pick up my script. No adverse reactions. To the OC or the meds... :D

Are you sure it was your waist he was staring at? He may have been more interested in your "gun" :gaychase: than your firearm! :D :laugh: :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    At my local BP last night, a cashier that has rang up my purchases dozens of times previously said, "You don't normally wear a gun. Are you going someplace special?"

I replied, "I ALWAYS carry. If you see me without my gun, something's wrong."

She asked, "Always?"

I said, "Yep."

She smiled and bent down to pull my C/C receipt off the printer. As she did I said to her, "Don't worry. You have nothing to fear from me. My firearm doesn't leave it's holster unless there is something bad happening around me, and it hasn't ever happened yet."

She said, "I'm not scared, and I know that I have nothing to fear from you. Have a wonderful evening!", smiled at me and handed me my receipt.

I had to laugh at the whole situation because she has worked there for six months or more, I have never CC'd into that store, I have never went unarmed into that store and yet this was the first time that she took notice that I was armed. I am not writing bad things about her. I am writing that it was a good experience with a local business person and it made me laugh in the process.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    OCed into Clarian West ER in Avon today. :n00b: My wife got stuck there with me at the hospital because they don't have any kind of secure storage for patient's firearms.... I had to leave it in the van and Natalie doesn't have a license to carry. :xmad:

SO I filled out a complaint/suggestion form that they install a means to keep secure a patients firearm while they're getting care. I mean, what if I had been dropped off at the door with all this pain from my Kidney stone? What would they do then? Refuse to treat me?

This was the main reason I used to convince my wife to get her license. If nothing else, she can legally transport my handgun in case I can't (i.e. car accident).

I'm sure the hospital staff, after reading your suggestion, probably reacted something like this: :laugh: :rolleyes: :evilangel::lmfao: :nuts: :laugh6:
    ... and then did this to it::flamethrower:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    I ate lunch with the wife and baby in the Greenwood mall food court today. Sarku rules! No real big looks that I noticed. There was a little girl in the line next to me and all I heard was "Mommy" and "gun".

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Saturday: OC'd to Castleton mall, went to JC Penny's to buy a suit, then walked around a bit with the wife. Then we went to Cheesecake Factory at Keystone.

Sunday: OC'd all day while doing yard work and hanging drywall in the garage.

Monday: OC'd to Tropical Smoothie in Columbus, then to Don Pablos in Greenwood.

OC'd all weekend long and no problems at all.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Went wheeling with some friends this weekend, and carried as usual. OC everywhere but dinner (threw on a clean polo shirt). So, several gas stations, McDonalds, Subway, hotel (Holiday Inn has awesome cinnamon buns), and the off-road "park". Had some nice conversations with friends and strangers, and no complaints.

Ran into some out-of-towners (in for the race) at McDonalds. Talked about how nice Indiana's carry laws are compared to Ohio.

Didn't really get any looks until I got home! My sister and her husband were watching my little girl. They didn't say anything, but kept looking down while we talked. I guess I'll have to invite them to the range....

Oh, and my weekly trip to Culvers for a Bacon ButterBurger (MMmmmmmm....)

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Last week while on vacation:
    Gas station in Winchester --police officer I didn't know waived at me
    Taco Bell in Daleville
    All week in Turkey Run State park including their campstore, also talked to a DNR guy who said they had issues in the past with OC but he didn't care. Also the gas station across the street.

Oh and at my Mother-in-law's houses while keeping an eye on the movers and helping move smaller stuff.

0 issues

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This was the main reason I used to convince my wife to get her license. If nothing else, she can legally transport my handgun in case I can't (i.e. car accident).

I'm sure the hospital staff, after reading your suggestion, probably reacted something like this: :laugh: :rolleyes: :evilangel::lmfao: :nuts: :laugh6:
    ... and then did this to it::flamethrower:

Sorry I missed this post.

Yea, you're probably right. It won't do much good, but if more people would request it and complain about it, something would happen, good or bad.

And yea, we're just waiting on her next check to get her lifetime. She really needs it.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    Did the standard OC to work this morning. Stopped in Schnucks grocery in Evansville as I do most days since it is two doors down from my shop. One of the employees who has seen me OC for at least 3-4 years decides to say something.

Emp: "I was doing some training over the weekend. I found out that it is against company policy for you to carry your gun in our store."

Me: "Well it's a good thing that it's not against my policy."

Emp: "But it is against company policy."

Me: "Well then I can do business somewhere else."

Emp: "But we would miss you."

Me: "So then I wouldn't worry about your company policy."

Doubt I'll here anything more said about it. All of the managers of the store have seen me carry.

Conclusion: Have your own personal policy. That way you can meet policy for policy. It's a fair fight that way. ;)

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    Did the standard OC to work this morning. Stopped in Schnucks grocery in Evansville as I do most days since it is two doors down from my shop. One of the employees who has seen me OC for at least 3-4 years decides to say something.

Emp: "I was doing some training over the weekend. I found out that it is against company policy for you to carry your gun in our store."

Me: "Well it's a good thing that it's not against my policy."

Emp: "But it is against company policy."

Me: "Well then I can do business somewhere else."

Emp: "But we would miss you."

Me: "So then I wouldn't worry about your company policy."

Doubt I'll here anything more said about it. All of the managers of the store have seen me carry.

Conclusion: Have your own personal policy. That way you can meet policy for policy. It's a fair fight that way. ;)

+1

It is, in fact, against MY policy to do business with businesses who deny me my right to personal safety.

Sheesh, people with their 'policies'...

I managed a very well-known big box retail electronics store for about 7 years, and we had TONS of policies that affected about every aspect of business... In EVERY instance, it is within the power of the manager to break/ignore a policy for the betterment of the customer. I other words, it was our policy not to allow returns on certain items (laptops, video game consoles) after 14 days of the purchase. However, if an excellent customers buys a laptop for his daughter, and she doesn't quite like it, and he brings it back on the 15th day, what do I do? I break policy! That's just one of a thousand examples... Policies exist to give a business some common recourse in the worst case scenarios. ie. There is a customer who comes in on the 15th day and wants to return a laptop that has been totally beaten and abused and is missing all of its packaging and paperwork, etc..., and I might have to take a huge loss if I returned it. In this case, I MIGHT abide by policy and say no.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    OC'd in Zionsville public library and starbucks. Then went to Golden Chassis in Brownsburg to see if they had finished body work on my SUV from a hit and run. No problems

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    Today I OC'd at Village Pantry. This was my first OC since waaaaay back when I worked for the Sheriff's Dept. What did I learn... I need to find a different OC holster. Let the search begin!!

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    OC'd out to the pond to do some shooting. Stopped at Casey's on my way home to gas up. Had a chat with one of our deputy prosecutors out in the parking lot and then went inside to pay. Had to get dressed up to go into work though so my jacket turned me into a CC'r.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was OC'ing while cleaning the gutters this morning when I noticed a bunch of police cars around a neighbors house. Turns out someone broke into his car last night. I stopped by and talked to him and a couple of the investigators for a few minutes and there was never a word said about OC'ing from them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom