• Status
    Not open for further replies.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I was up early this morning, more like I didn't sleep last night. Anyway, I decided to take my son to work at the McDonalds on N. Fares here in Evansville. I OCd into the McDs and there were maybe 10 people eating and or ordering their morning stuff. No one noticed or if they did, didn't make a big deal about it.

Now the fun part. Almost every city in the US has them, a strip of flea bag Hotels. Well, for the most part ours just happens to be N. Fares. The crack heads, meth heads and working ladies make the Hotel across from this particular McDs. On my out to my car there was a fine specimen of a woman and what I can only assume to be here Baby Daddy standing out side the door smoking. I saw them through the window on my way out so I wasn't surprised when I get outside and see them. As I walked past, the woman asked me (while reaching into my pocket for my keys) "Is dat real?" I turned my head held up my keys and said "Yep, they fit my car and they work." She actually said "No, dat gun, is dat real?" I didn't say another word and got into the car and left.

DUH.

Le Doug

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I was up early this morning, more like I didn't sleep last night. Anyway, I decided to take my son to work at the McDonalds on N. Fares here in Evansville. I OCd into the McDs and there were maybe 10 people eating and or ordering their morning stuff. No one noticed or if they did, didn't make a big deal about it.

Now the fun part. Almost every city in the US has them, a strip of flea bag Hotels. Well, for the most part ours just happens to be N. Fares. The crack heads, meth heads and working ladies make the Hotel across from this particular McDs. On my out to my car there was a fine specimen of a woman and what I can only assume to be here Baby Daddy standing out side the door smoking. I saw them through the window on my way out so I wasn't surprised when I get outside and see them. As I walked past, the woman asked me (while reaching into my pocket for my keys) "Is dat real?" I turned my head held up my keys and said "Yep, they fit my car and they work." She actually said "No, dat gun, is dat real?" I didn't say another word and got into the car and left.

DUH.

Le Doug

I was asked that the other day, too. I was OC'ing in Sturgis, MI at the house of my sister-in-law's mother, and she asked if it was real. I just don't get why people would think that we might be carrying around plastic — er, okay, it was an XD... "fake" — guns. What good would a fake gun, do!? :eyeroll:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Yesterday I was OC'ing at Walmart in Terre Haute. While I was in line to check out, a woman probably in her sixties behind me in line said, "Excuse me, young man." I thought for sure she was going to ask about my sidearm, but she didn't. "Could you open this bottle of bleach for me?" She has trouble with the "child proof" lids and just wanted the cap off so she could just poke a hole in the seal once she got home.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Wally World in Camby last evening. Had a return so I talked to the young girl working the door, and the customer service folks. Also had a scrip to fill for my wife, so I talked to the pharm tech and pharmacist. Then, I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I talked to 2 more employees. Finally, the gift card they gave me for store credit on the return was flaky so I got to chat with the checkout girl for a couple minutes. No issues whatsoever.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg

DUH.

Le Doug

"If you can see it, it must be real, otherwise you'd be going crazy for seeing invisible things." :):

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    OCing at Union Jacks right now.

Park Ranger saw us walk in. He walked out eyeing me like he was in "orange" mode.

Made me grin. :-)

Last edited:

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    Just around the house today but yesterday I went to Menards in Avon. I went in picked out my stuff paid for it and left no problems but I did get one crazy look from what looked to be an over protective momma bear. Oh yea and they even had pruning sticks...:): :yesway:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    OCing at Union Jacks right now.

Park Ranger saw us walk in. He walked out eyeing me like he was in "orange" mode.

Made me grin. :-)

You might want to Pm sjstill it might of been him looking to see if you are an INGO member.:D

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I oc'd at Ruth Chris steak house Satuday evening, while talking to the bartender and the piano player about guns. :)

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    I oc'd at Ruth Chris steak house Satuday evening, while talking to the bartender and the piano player about guns. :)

That piano player and I stood in line together a couple Indy 1500 gun shows ago! What a small world.

As far as the other I'd be surprised if it was a fellow member. He was stiff as a board.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was in the Arby's in Terre Haute on SR46 near I-70 with a couple of the usual suspects. A guy who was delivering stuff to the Pilot convenience store walked past us a few times, then stopped and asked me if my gun was a Beretta. I told him it wasn't, we discussed what it was, then he told me some "interesting" details about his life, his girlfriend, their pregnancy status, and a few other things that fall under the "oversharing with strangers" category.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    I was in the Circle K and Wal-Mart in Madison. Only one person noticed. Me and the wife were in the self-checkout and she was doin the scanning. I was leaning on the cart and a mother of 2 come up behind us. I turned around and she was staring at my hip. She just looked up and turned her head. Nothing else. Pretty good experience for only OC for my 2nd time. I am gettin more and more comfortable with it. Now only if the wife would.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    A few weeks ago my Pastor made a comment about the 2A and following services I approached him and asked how he felt about the idea of carrying at Church. He said, emphatically, "If you have your license, then do it...it's fine with me" :+1: for the Pastor.

He asked if was carrying a side arm and told him that I haven't received my LTCH yet, but I wanted to know how he felt. I like this Church and I can leave my pistol at home or in the car for the hour or so during Church. He told me again, as long as you're doing it legal, have at it. :woot: for the Pastor

So, today...I carried (CC) at Church and no one, seen or if they did no one, said a thing.

I'm going back!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Circle K it was great I got a lot of looks, between that and my Right Wing Extremist shirt. Then my buddy and I went to the gun show. Then we stopped at Applebees at the Greenwood Park Mall. He said you can not take your pistol in. He works part time as security there. I said that is some liberal BS. So I left my pistol in the trunk. When I left Applebees, I said goodbye liberal town! I'll never do buisness in that mall ever again.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    I was in the Circle K and Wal-Mart in Madison. Only one person noticed. Me and the wife were in the self-checkout and she was doin the scanning. I was leaning on the cart and a mother of 2 come up behind us. I turned around and she was staring at my hip. She just looked up and turned her head. Nothing else. Pretty good experience for only OC for my 2nd time. I am gettin more and more comfortable with it. Now only if the wife would.

Way to go! That's what this thread is about. Helping us newbies get going with confidence. Even before I was a member I'd read it- OC and email Rhino.

BTW: Rhino was always kind enough to answer my emails and encourage me to keep rocking in the free world!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom