Not open for further replies.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Some dude carried his gun into my store today. Right on his hip for all to see. Obviously, a show off hoping to gain attention. You could tell by the way he never touched his gun, or looked at it. Women were screaming, children were crying, grown men were quivering with fear. One woman was so terrified she bought a gun. I left the store very quickly with her, using a safe on a handtruck as cover and keeping it between me and the clearly dangerous patron, who was still dangerously not playing with his gun. When I came back in, I felt compelled to put more guns into his hands, just so I could say some open carrier came in today and kept playing with guns. I offered to sell him some of our finest firearms, a pair of them in fact, but he apparently failed to appreciate the simple beauty of blowback operated 9mms, .40s, or .45s. I think if a person simply must show off by open carrying, they should do so with an unforgettable rig!

It was a horrifying experience, I tell you! I was so shook up I actually had to leave for the day not long after he did.

I've heard of guys like that, Joe. What losers! :n00b:

I'm guessing that was right after I left, right? ;)

Right?:dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've heard of guys like that, Joe. What losers! :n00b:

I'm guessing that was right after I left, right? ;)

Right?:dunno:

Uh... yeah, sure! :D

Hey, you know most of that story was true. Sort of. Kind of. I still say you'd look good with a pair of .45 Hi-Points in leather Galco holsters :D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Well who wouldn't? :laugh:

As noted above, OCed at Big R as well as Kroger's and Family Video today.

BTW, what did you think of our little sporting goods section? We've been working our butts off trying to get it better organized. Hard to figure out what to do with all our inventory, in the space we have for it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Not fair! I had no idea you worked there! I didn't even go back to the guns that day. I should be there this weekend if things work out. When do you work this weekend?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Not fair! I had no idea you worked there! I didn't even go back to the guns that day. I should be there this weekend if things work out. When do you work this weekend?

Saturday 12-9, Sunday open to close.

How the heck do you walk into a store with guns, and not go see the guns??!! Were you ill? Are you under some form of duress? Do you need rescued from some evil force?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Saturday 12-9, Sunday open to close.

How the heck do you walk into a store with guns, and not go see the guns??!! Were you ill? Are you under some form of duress? Do you need rescued from some evil force?

I do need to be rescued from some evil force! I carry a glock.....
    I only had so much time. We were meeting family at Culver's. I just ran in, bought a couple of shirts, and left.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    BTW, what did you think of our little sporting goods section? We've been working our butts off trying to get it better organized. Hard to figure out what to do with all our inventory, in the space we have for it.

Just take over some other areas...

...I just ran in, bought a couple of shirts, and left.

...like SHIRTS. :):

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I do need to be rescued from some evil force! I carry a glock.....
    I only had so much time. We were meeting family at Culver's. I just ran in, bought a couple of shirts, and left.

I can hook you up with a couple Hi-points, and some really nice leather Galco holsters for them...

glockpatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    I've been OC'ing for a very long time, this is my first time to post on this issue. As of today in Lafayette, I OCed at the Tippecanoe Mall, Super Target, Walmart at Concord & 350, Subway at 26 & 52, the strip mall on 26 & Creasy Lane, and Cracker Barrel. I have also OCed at Greenwood, and Southport, and all over Terre Haute, here in Fountain County, and else where in our great state of Indiana, and no issues YET! I have talked with several of the Fountain County Sheriff deputies and they tell me that they wish everybody would OC, because it would make their job easier. Keep Oc'ing, and we'll just keep chipping away the stigma.

Stay Strong.

Last edited:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    OC'd to Discount Tire to get the tires rotated, then headed over to H&H, and finally to K&T Guns - all in Fort Wayne. Picked up a new mag for my "new again" XD along with some various FMJ and JHP to put through it :) Oh, and nobody said nothin' about the gun (other than Keith of K&T who asked what I was carrying).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom