• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I read this thread to see where people have OCed. And if they come into situations I do "monday morning quarterback", thinking about what I would of done. So this thread may be boring, but its very useful. :twocents: :draw:

Yes, I totally agree. I've got many posts in here about where I've OC'd — so far, always without issue — because I want to contribute to exactly what you've described. It's definitely a good thing that this thread is so boring, because it means that when we OC, we're not being harassed about it (for the most part). I was being a little bit facetious ;)

Glad to know that you're finding this thread useful yourself!

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I OC'd for the second time last night. Last week I was half way down the driveway, taking out the trash, when I remembered that I had removed my cover shirt... So last night (maybe this is a new tradition) I was doing my evening chores and had an extra bag of trash to take out... I consciously decided that I'd OC out to the street to drop this bag off (since I already had my cover shirt off).

There was a man with his two dogs right outside (ShihTzus, or breeds of similar size). He was pretty busy keeping his attack dogs off of me, my GSD dog inside was busy letting me know that there was somebody else in the front yard, I was busy carrying my bag of stinky trash... I almost drew down on the pup in front, but then decided it would probably be better to just say "good evening" and go about my business. Anyhow, nobody seemed to notice except the ShihTzu, who crapped himself right then and there (though my trash bag may have been in the line of sight on my way out, and my strong side was away on my way back in.)

Note: I've been LOVING my new OWB holster... Its a serpa. OWB is WAAAAYYYYY more comfortable than IWB. While it does print more, I'm getting comfortable with that. Most people are oblivious anyhow.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    It's great to read about all the new OCers!

Please remember to have your LTCH and ID on you whenever you step off your property.

It's easy to get comfy at home and them head out for a evening stroll (done it) without your wallet.

Now I put my wallet in my pocket before I strap on- period- even if I'm
    staying in. This prevents the accidental run to get milk that ends with being cuffed and stuffed.

Last edited:

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    Yesterday was mostly around the house and yard. I did make a trip to kmart and it turned out bad.

First I went to the back where the tools were and couldn't find a pruning stick so the wife suggested the garden section. So we both walk up to the garden section and I look all over for my pruning stick meanwhile some guy working there eyes me and says can I help you with something? So I turn to him and say yes I would like to buy a pruning stick for my trees but I don't see one. Now here is where it went south. He checks on it and says I am sorry no we don't have any. I wasn't quite sure what to do so I left. :dunno:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    This thread is almost boring because stuff hardly ever happens to people!

I've been OC'ing around here and there - whenever I can - and still haven't had any issues, thankfully. Although, I did run into a coworker at Walmart... https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/94059-ingoer_sighting_at_walmart.html

The other day was OCing at the gas station in Rockville that is just about a block west of the courthouse. I pulled up to the pump, got out and scanned my credit card. I activated the pump, pulled out the nozzle and realized that I had pulled up to the wrong side of the pump! :ugh:

Man did I feel dumb. I looked around to see if anyone noticed but no one was looking so I cancelled my transaction and pulled around to put the pump on the side that my fuel port is on.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    The other day was OCing at the gas station in Rockville that is just about a block west of the courthouse.
    Got gas and/or smokes at that Mini-Mart many times.

I partial-OC'd at Shakamak State Park last weekend, IWB with my shirt tucked in behind it. I was tail end charlie so I could herd kids and it was hot, so rather than chafing my ribs, I just tucked that corner.

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    So I turn to him and say yes I would like to buy a pruning stick for my trees but I don't see one. Now here is where it went south. He checks on it and says I am sorry no we don't have any. I wasn't quite sure what to do so I left. :dunno:

Isn't this when you're expected to pull your gun, take the punk hostage, and demand $500,000, a helicopter, and a pruning stick? Oh, and throw in a rake too!

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I OC'd at three of the four recruiters offices today. No one said anything tome about the hand gun. One person did ask what it was, I told him and that was about it. Nothing more to tell.

I can say it feels good to finally be able to post here...sweet. :rockwoot: :woot:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I OCed to the local gas station and ran into a LEO I didn't know, he asked me for my "permit" and I reached for my wallet only to realize I had left it at home, at that point a LEO I did know came in and saved me by telling the first guy I was ok, I was instructed to carry my "permit" with me at all times. I really don't know if this guy would have walked with me next door to get my wallet or take my butt to jail, I'm glad I didn't have to find out.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Greenwood- Gander Mountian. Avon- Kroger.

Maybe one of the guys at Gander noticed, but I really don't think anyone at Kroger did.

Will be Ocing to and in Union Jacks pub tomorrow around noon for lunch with the wife. Then we are headed over to the Marion County range. She's got a mega pack of .380ACP to work on!

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Greenwood- Gander Mountian. Avon- Kroger.

Maybe one of the guys at Gander noticed, but I really don't think anyone at Kroger did.

Will be Ocing to and in Union Jacks pub tomorrow around noon for lunch with the wife. Then we are headed over to the Marion County range. She's got a mega pack of .380ACP to work on!

The Union Jacks's in Speedway, by the Post office / across from Marsh and Taco Bell?

what time are you planning on being at MCF&G? I live across the street :D

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    The Union Jacks's in Speedway, by the Post office / across from Marsh and Taco Bell?

what time are you planning on being at MCF&G? I live across the street :D

Yes that's the Union Jack's we are going to. The plan is to be at the range around 12:45 so we can watch the muzzle loaders wrap up. Then we'll be shooting for awhile. :ar15: :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom