• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Atropine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Bloomington
    Walked down Kirkwood Ave (a main street here in Bloomington) and actually got the first complement I've ever received from carrying. A man was standing with his bike waiting to cross a crosswalk and said, "It's nice to see firearms out in the open for a change! Is that a 9mm?" We exchanged a few words and parted ways -- all in all a great experience, especially for this overly libtard town.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Walked down Kirkwood Ave (a main street here in Bloomington) and actually got the first complement I've ever received from carrying. A man was standing with his bike waiting to cross a crosswalk and said, "It's nice to see firearms out in the open for a change! Is that a 9mm?" We exchanged a few words and parted ways -- all in all a great experience, especially for this overly libtard town.

Woot! Congrats, buddy!

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Today I OC'd at the Fort Wayne International Airport -- and had no problems! We were there to pick up my dad who returned from a week-and-a-half trip to Asia. In preparation, just in case there were problems from any airport officials or officers of the law, I had printed out a copy of the relevant Indiana Code sections which clearly stated that only the controlled access areas were off limits. I also had a "letter" stating the intent and legality of my actions; my hope was that nothing would happen -- I wasn't carrying just to grab attention or try to start anything or to try to make the news. I caught some looks from people who probably had no idea it is legal to carry in the areas where you wait for people to disembark and claim baggage, but nobody said anything directly to me, and I didn't even see any cops or security personnel eying me.

Then we came home and celebrated his safe and successful trip; had KFC in the back yard (oh, yeah, I OC'd at KFC while we picked up supper) and the kids played in a kiddy-pool and chased each other with squirt guns.

All in all, an absolutely great day!

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    Went to Culver's in Anderson with the Wife and baby. After we had dinner, I was standing up at the front waiting on our custards, and the guy behind the counter said, "Hey there, can I ask what kind of pistol you are carrying?"

I told him it was a Glock 19, and he said, "Oh a 9mm! Cool!" He then went on to tell me that he doesn't have his carry license yet, but he will be applying for his lifetime license soon and that he has a Metro Arms 1911 that he is going to carry.

I complimented him on his choosing a 1911 and told him that I carry my full-size 1911 all the time, and that it's one of my favorites.

I have OCed into this culvers a lot (they have a very fast wifi connection), but this was the first time I've had any interaction with anyone.

I always love these pro-gun interactions! Every time I talk to somebody like this I am reminded why I love Indiana! And these interactions have never happened while I was CCing. So I am encouraged about my choice to OC every time I talk to someone like this.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I OC'ed in Kroger today. Got a deer in the headlights look from some big burly guy. Said hey, how ya doing? and he just kept staring at my waist. I think he may have been a little.... left. :):

Also OC'ed in CVS here in Plainfield to pick up my script. No adverse reactions. To the OC or the meds... :D

BillyJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    OC'ed at Dog N Suds in West Lafayette off 52, ate lunch under the covered patio area with my group of friends. Also there were a dozen or so high school seniors celebrating the beginning of summer (ohhh....those were the days). My friends and I were expecting to hear at least some comments from them but either they did not notice or did not think it was worthy of discussion.

However, after we finished our lunches, as we were walking back to the car, a whole family getting out of their Sebring Convertible stopped in their tracks and just stared at my waist. No words were exchanged, just "deer in headlights" type staring. I pretended not to notice. Oh well...overall not a bad day..

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    the average person is so un-aware and stupid, that you could probly carry a RPG on your back and they wouldnt even notice. a lot of us who carry think that we are a light shinning in a dark room. but in reality the tards dont even notice us mostly. they look at faces if that. thats why police have a hard time getting witness statements to identify badguys, because people have no awareness. its pretty sad.
    i like some of the guys that CC and walk like they have the "ghetto limp" or they constantly guard the side the gun is on, or they feel their back every 10 seconds. lol. even if they have it covered its obvious to a person who knows what to look for. If i was a cop, id rather see people OC. but i still occationaly CC and i support both. but seriously guys that CC, quit limping, and fondling your gun. you look like michael J fox.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I've been wondering if OCing was go or no go at the Legion. I'm a member in Avon.

OC'ed in the Busco, Columbia City, and Fort Wayne Legion. Only minor problem was the Ft. Wayne post. Bartender asked if I really thought I should be carrying and drinking. I gave her a little smile and told her I think I can handle a pepsi or two while carrying.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Fort Wayne
    OC'd in Walmart on Lima Rd, then the Office Depot right beside it. Then to H&H. Then to Ranger Supply Co out by Jefferson Pointe. No problems; no questions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom