• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Arieas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Indianapois
    Had a mixed experience yesterday. Went grocery shopping at the Meijer in Avon with no problems, proceeded to Sam's Club up off of Michigan road and had a good experience. A customer actually commented that he was glad to see me carrying and that he would like to see more people with them. Then i went to Costco, they have a no guns policy unless you are a police officer or some other official. Spoke with the manager and he was very nice and apologetic, but said as a private club its there policy. I gave him one of the cards one of the INGO members made and went about my day. I will still shop there as i really do like there selection better than Sams, but i will CC.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    Ate at Culver's in Anderson today; I had my laptop on the table (surfin' INGO) while I was eating my burger and then my custard. Then I went to Menards to get a tool. Then I went to Meijer to get some oil, but they didn't have it. So, I went to Walmart, and they had it.

No issues at all in any of these locations. Great afternoon.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    OCed my new Blackhawk Serpa with the paddle option and Ruger P89 onboard. This rig really stands out- or so I thought.

I needed some items so I went to the CVS on 267 and 10th. Went in, shopped, checked out and I really don't think anyone even noticed.

When I was leaving I walked right by a off duty Brownsburg LEO sitting in his patrol car in the expectant mothers spot... LOL. I saw his wife get out and go in. Anyway I don't think he even noticed.

As usual no issues.

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    At Home Depot today in C'ville and then got called out by one of my "neighbors" that told me I shoudnt be "packing" in the open and should use an ankle holster, what an a-hole.......Oh, this is the same guy that doesnt have the use of his arm because he got blasted with a shottie when he got beligerent with his ex's boyfriend about 10 years ago....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wilson's Market on the corner if US-31 and 256th Street in Hamilton Co., The Pub in Atlanta (Indiana), and then the Gas America on the corner of US-31 and 236th Street in Hamilton Co. just east of Baker's Corner.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Awesome OC experience! (technically yesterday) I went to Starbucks in Valpo. One of the three employees is my best friends sister. She didn't say anything. The cashier couldn't take her eyes off of it and blurts "is that a gun?????" I said yes, and one of the few reason I patronize Starbucks is because they support the 2nd Amendment and the right to carry. Then the male employee chimed in and said that while Starbucks tends to screw it's employees, it is big on promoting individuals' rights. As I was sitting outside reading a book I drew a few stares, nothing significant. Then a man walked up to me and asked if I was LEO? I explained no, just a licensed individual. Long story short, I explained the LTCH and INGO to him, and he said he will probably go get his LTCH now and he was glad to see someone exercising their rights. :D Awesome. Then I went to WalMart and not a word from anyone. All in all, great experience.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Opened carry the entire time I was mowing at work and at the rental property. No looks that I saw. When I was finished, was really tired. So I loaded up and stopped at the Gas Station here in town. One of the owners was there, he's Indian. He looked at me weird, and never took his eye off me as I grabbed a couple of Monster enery drinks. Nasty stuff. Walked to the counter and he says "What's with the gun buddy. Do you have a license for that?" I look at him and say "Honestly? Yes. And it's for my protection, my wife's protection, and your protection." Gave him the money, and say "Have a nice day" and left.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Opened carry the entire time I was mowing at work and at the rental property. No looks that I saw. When I was finished, was really tired. So I loaded up and stopped at the Gas Station here in town. One of the owners was there, he's Indian. He looked at me weird, and never took his eye off me as I grabbed a couple of Monster enery drinks. Nasty stuff. Walked to the counter and he says "What's with the gun buddy. Do you have a license for that?" I look at him and say "Honestly? Yes. And it's for my protection, my wife's protection, and your protection." Gave him the money, and say "Have a nice day" and left.

I wonder what he would have done had you said no. The license isn't so you can own the gun. ;)

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Got my LTCH on the 21st and open carried for the first time today out to the range and then stopped at Thortons and Subway on the way home and didn't have any responses from anyone. I was wearing my IWB with my shirt tucked in though so it was real close to my body and most people probably didn't even notice.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Today I helped a couple buddies of mine move the first load of stuff from their place in Terre Haute to their new place up in Indy. I OC'd while we loaded up the trucks, in the apartments office as they signed their new lease, while we unloaded, and then when we went out to lunch afterwards. No problems, "as per uus."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Harlan, Indiana Marathon (I think it was), Woodburn Vet. Clinic, Miller's Store outside Grabill, Indiana (Amish store), then finished the day with supper at Decatur's Back 40 restaurant.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Some dude carried his gun into my store today. Right on his hip for all to see. Obviously, a show off hoping to gain attention. You could tell by the way he never touched his gun, or looked at it. Women were screaming, children were crying, grown men were quivering with fear. One woman was so terrified she bought a gun. I left the store very quickly with her, using a safe on a handtruck as cover and keeping it between me and the clearly dangerous patron, who was still dangerously not playing with his gun. When I came back in, I felt compelled to put more guns into his hands, just so I could say some open carrier came in today and kept playing with guns. I offered to sell him some of our finest firearms, a pair of them in fact, but he apparently failed to appreciate the simple beauty of blowback operated 9mms, .40s, or .45s. I think if a person simply must show off by open carrying, they should do so with an unforgettable rig!

It was a horrifying experience, I tell you! I was so shook up I actually had to leave for the day not long after he did.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom