• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I didn't leave our property today, but I did open carry in the driveway in my jammies. I ran a bore snake through a 10/22 a few times while I was in the driveway too.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I OC'd to my local ACE Hardware yesterday to buy a new lawnmower.

As I was being cashiered out by one CSR, a second one came up beside me and asked if I need anything. I said, "Nope, this guy's got me taken care of."

"Okay, just wanted to check so you wouldn't shoot me," he said.

"I only shoot bad guys."

"How do you tell the difference between a bad guy and a good guy? We're all good guys around here."

I said, "If you were a bad guy, you wouldn't seen the bullet coming."

He gave me a "what are you talking about look" and walked away.

I got my new mower. My son wasn't impressed since it means that he can't stall at mowing the yard anymore as my old mower recently broke before the monsoon rains we just had.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    OCed into Clarian West ER in Avon today. :n00b: My wife got stuck there with me at the hospital because they don't have any kind of secure storage for patient's firearms.... I had to leave it in the van and Natalie doesn't have a license to carry. :xmad:

SO I filled out a complaint/suggestion form that they install a means to keep secure a patients firearm while they're getting care. I mean, what if I had been dropped off at the door with all this pain from my Kidney stone? What would they do then? Refuse to treat me?

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Allegius Federal Credit Union today to pay off my car. A few looks from the tellers, but they calmed down when I told them I had $6300 to pay my car off :D I'd say their disposition became downright sunny at that point :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    OC'ing in a hospital is just asking for trouble. They aren't going to let you. CC has it's place.

I forgot I was even wearing it until I got there. I walked in the door and then put my shirt over it, kinda. It was still hanging out a bit and printing BIG time. But no one noticed it until I asked what we can do with it. :): I have seen hospitals that have secure storage for those situations and being this is a newer hospital I thought FOR SURE they would have something. Apparently, that's what I get for thinking....

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Today was the last day of school; I'm done with my Bachelor's and my roommate is nearly done with his Master's (has a couple summer classes to do, but he's done at Rose), so we went out to hit up some bars. Not to get trashed (I never have been and intend not ever to be), but just to relax and have some fun. I've CC'd a couple times before to a couple bars in Terre Haute, but I've also OC'd at another one. I thought, heck, I'll try OC this time.

For reference, if you're gonna go to The Terminal in Terre Haute... carry concealed. I was informed by the guy at the door - who had a police shirt and a gun and handcuffs - that it was their policy and that I should just leave it in the car. I was reassured that at least he did have a gun, so it wasn't like there were no good guys with guns. If my shirt had been loose enough, I would've just walked to the car and readjusted for CC, but it just wasn't gonna happen with my attire.

And also for reference, I've never had a problem with OC'ing at Sonka's in Terre Haute. So, kudos to them.

Apparently, that's what I get for thinking....

'At outta learn ya!

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As related in a different thread, I OC'd to Starbucks again. This time, instead of the Kimber Ultra Carry, it was the Springfield full size 1911 and had one of the other customers stop by and thank me for exercizing my 2A rights. Kind of cool.

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    OC'd for the first time last night. Just got a full-size Kimber from another member here. I took it to the range to check the gun, mags, and it's appetite for ammo. All checked-out, so then I decided to take her for a test drive around town.

Went to family video and rented the most recent Futurama movie, which was hilarious. Went to a newly opened Little Ceasar's and got a pepperoni pizza. Then went to Souplie's and picked up a 6-pack of cold ones (to drink at home not in the presence of guns.)

A good first experience I must say. I got a few double-takes from people, but I can't blame them. But no one said anything to me.

Also, my Galco OWB leather holster fits both my p226 and my 1911, which pleased the crap out of me!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom