• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    China-Mart and Target. Surprisingly, not a word from anyone at Wal-Mart, and at Target a few of the employees looked at me for a minute...they must have gotten uncomfortable with me staring back as they cleared out of that area in a hurry. No problems all-around. :D

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Dinner with the family tonight at Pf changs downtown.

The only person that noticed was the recent parolee in "the" khaki pants.

He was up to no good, people watching. Walking but no where to go. He and I made eye contact several times, it was funny.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Fantastic Sams on West 86th Street (watching our daughter while my wife got her hair cut).
    PetSmart, also on West 86th street (spent some time making friends with the dogs from animal control and from a greyhound rescue group while my wife was picking up dog food)
    Meijer on Pike Plaza road.

As usual, nothing of note in any location.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I don't suggest OCing at the Kokomo Markland Mall. Too many people, too many "OMG"'s, and one really stuck up security guard.

The DH SG told me I had to leave cause I was scaring the customers. I asked him if they didn't allow police in uniform at their mall and did he get funny looks OCing that night stick? Didn't change his mind. :): Oh well, it was time to leave anyway. If I wasn't already in a bad mood I'd probably have been nicer, but :dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I don't suggest OCing at the Kokomo Markland Mall. Too many people, too many "OMG"'s, and one really stuck up security guard.

The DH SG told me I had to leave cause I was scaring the customers. I asked him if they didn't allow police in uniform at their mall and did he get funny looks OCing that night stick? Didn't change his mind. :): Oh well, it was time to leave anyway. If I wasn't already in a bad mood I'd probably have been nicer, but :dunno:

When at home I OC there all the time... Must just be you :dunno:

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Open carried while picking up a few groceries at the walmart just south of 465 and emerson. I pretty much forgot I was open carrying. don't think anyone noticed at all. I never have anyone say anything to me about it and I'm fine with that :)......

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    Open Carried my empty holster to the polling place to vote (Daleville Town Hall).

Also OCed to Starbucks, Kohls, and Wal-Mart in Anderson.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    The vet for my dog's check-up.

The restaurant Journey (not my favorite place, but my wife likes the sushi bar).

One of my wife's Japanese friends' apartments.

The latter one was interesting. We were there for about an hour. My wife's friend was showing off a picture album while the kids were playing and her husband was napping. Then the husband got up. We chatted a bit longer then we had to leave.

On the way out the door the husband asked me what I was carrying. The wife, however looked very startled and said that she hadn't even noticed.

I walked into her house wearing jeans and a tucked-in T-shirt, with a 1911 in a cheap "Gunmate" nylon belt holster at 3:00, sat on her couch and chatted for an hour and she never even noticed that I was openly armed.

Most people really are oblivious.

Journey ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!! I love that place......always OC there myself

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    I OC pretty much everywhere on Rockville road. The usuals like Kroger, Walmart, Target, Dicks, and the bookstore.

One place that may be unusual to you all is Coldstones Ice Cream on 36 across from Outback.

It took me awhile to work up to OC; however it's becoming normal to me. Can't wait for my new holster to get here (six more weeks) then I'll be stylin and profilin!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I OC pretty much everywhere on Rockville road. The usuals like Kroger, Walmart, Target, Dicks, and the bookstore.

One place that may be unusual to you all is Coldstones Ice Cream on 36 across from Outback.

It took me awhile to work up to OC; however it's becoming normal to me. Can't wait for my new holster to get here (six more weeks) then I'll be stylin and profilin!

Sounds like the Avon area? You and I may run across each other sometime. Got my burrito fix @ Qdoba's yesterday!

BillyJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    First day of OCing for me. Went to West Lafayette Menards and Walmart. About 1 hour of OCing (baby steps) haha. Felt great, comfortable, and no one seemed to notice. Don't know if I'm going to make a habit out of it yet since the wife had problems with me "showing off" my gun. But it was nice since the weather was hot and the shorts fit tighter than my jeans.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    First day of OCing for me. Went to West Lafayette Menards and Walmart. About 1 hour of OCing (baby steps) haha. Felt great, comfortable, and no one seemed to notice. Don't know if I'm going to make a habit out of it yet since the wife had problems with me "showing off" my gun. But it was nice since the weather was hot and the shorts fit tighter than my jeans.

After a while they get used to it and get over it. It just takes time.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Didn't OC today, forgot to grab my belt on the way out. Went to Arbys during lunch. Cashier looks at my hip, and in front of a ton of customers, says "I don't feel safe today, where's your piece?"

I chuckle and move my left hand around my back to imply it's there, and she laughs and continues to help customers. Caught me by surprise, but a funny moment.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    Didn't OC today, forgot to grab my belt on the way out. Went to Arbys during lunch. Cashier looks at my hip, and in front of a ton of customers, says "I don't feel safe today, where's your piece?"

I chuckle and move my left hand around my back to imply it's there, and she laughs and continues to help customers. Caught me by surprise, but a funny moment.

Nice!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom