Feb 26, 2010
    Guncontrol_shirt_broad.jpg

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    yes. I wear it on my right hip... Only time I feel discomfort is sitting down in the truck, but evne then I just have to push the top of it over so my fat goes agaisnt it instead of on top. Its awesome so far. I might notch it out for even more comfort...

I assume you ordered yours on their April Fools sale??? I did

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I got a new Fobus tactical for my birthday on april 19th so i could carry with a light attached, since then i OC everywhere i go besides work. Walmart, pet store, Tractor supply, for food, best buy, everywhere. and that was just today. Ive just come to the realization that if their gonna call the cops, or freak out, i have my permit, they can go for it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    i oc to the video store i am trying to start to oc more but i am worried that it will make people uneasy i so cc more than oc

People are going to be uneasy with it no matter what until more gun owners "come out of the closet", so to speak. Only when they start seeing it everyday at the grocery store and gas station will they get used to it. Some never will.

It's kind of like saying someone is afraid to pray in public or cover their heart during the Star Spangled Banner. People are always going to be uncomfortable with SOMETHING. :dunno:

Keep it up though. Eventually people will get used to it.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What he said. You will offend someone everyday of your life, regardless.
    Amen. You can't please everyone, so do what is right for you and yours.

OC in the Plainfield Culvers (Mmmmmm, Bacon ButterBurgers). There must have been an event over at the Police Academy, as the place was FULL of (off-duty) LEOs. Dare I say, they didn't give a hoot.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I managed all my courage and OC'd out on my deck to grab the paper and right back in. Very scary indeed! I would never consider OC'ing any farther than that though.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I managed all my courage and OC'd out on my deck to grab the paper and right back in. Very scary indeed! I would never consider OC'ing any farther than that though.

Aw c'mon... a lot of people make OC'ing out to be a huge and scary thing. FAR from it. Most people don't care. The exaggurated stories you hear on here are a micro-percentage of the actual events that take place during OC. I've OC'd almost every day for over a year, and I've been approached once to show my license. Outside of that, it's mostly very pleasant conversation about guns and gun laws.

Also, among the many cops I've OC'd around, not a single one has said a word, or even seemed to care. Don't be scared, enjoy it and embrace it. It brings a great feeling of responsibility and confidence to OC. I forget I even do it anymore... it's just second nature.

Edit: To the above comments - The point isn't to "freak people out"... no one should be fishing for that sort of response from unarmed and/or uninformed people, even if it is jokingly...

Last edited:

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I OCed into Chase Bank in Yorktown today. Not a word or a sideways glance. They were quite polite and accommodating, in fact... =) I was in there for a while, and it was an excellent experience.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I am OCing right now in Culver's in Anderson. I am parked right next to a State Trooper's car, but I don't see him anywhere in the restaurant. I haven't been approached it. =)

The place is packed.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    At work I often have to wear a suit and tie, the jacket covers my gun when I have it on. When I am in my own office though I usually don't wear a jacket. An attorney that is new to the building came in to talk to me about a case a few days ago, took one look and said "I didn't know you carried a gun! I'm afraid of guns!" I took a little time to talk to her about my background and my reasons for carrying. The next few times she came in the glances at my hip grew less and less. Today she started asking me questions about guns and I offered to take her shooting sometime. She is thinking about it. With a little luck I will convert her over to the cause or at least make her "not afraid of guns".

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I oc'ed today at the bank. Nobody noticed. I had to deliver some parts to another business, so I of course oc'ed there. Walked in, gave them my paperwork, and drove my box truck to the other side and waited for a fork lift driver. Nobody noticed anything. When I came back to my business, there was a salesman there talking to my boss. He took one look at me, looked away, then looked at me again real fast! He was an older guy. I don't think he liked me too much, since he kept looking at me and to my waist as he was talking to my boss. Fun day all around.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I OCed into Papa Murphy's today. I got a couple OMG looks accompanied with smiles. I think once they seen the Boy Scout shirt and three kids they started breathing again. :)

Eddie, that's great to hear about the possible convert! Repped for getting her to breathe easy about gun owners! :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom