• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Dairy Queen. To get my cheap Blizzard :)

Click here if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Had school before that, and prolly won't be goin anyplace else tonight, so I guess that's it for me today.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay ... here's something that I found interesting.

Last Sunday in Ruby Tuesday in Terre Haute after the match, I was carrying openly as usual. I saw a lot of new (to me) faces working there. Usually when I open carry, more than one gun is visible. Lately I've been letting just one show, and curiously I noticed more looks and facial expressions of varying degrees than when I stroll around with more than one showing. Odd, I say!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Went to Steak and Shake today. Stood there for 15-20 minutes waiting on a table and decided to go to the drive through. I was hoping that by OCing I could get a table quicker. Didn't work. Just got a lot of stares. Go figure that one out. :):

Okay ... here's something that I found interesting.

Last Sunday in Ruby Tuesday in Terre Haute after the match, I was carrying openly as usual. I saw a lot of new (to me) faces working there. Usually when I open carry, more than one gun is visible. Lately I've been letting just one show, and curiously I noticed more looks and facial expressions of varying degrees than when I stroll around with more than one showing. Odd, I say!

Well stop slinging an AK-15 machine gun with the shoulder thingy and that won't happen!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Went into IHOP for breakfast this morning and a family of 3 was snickering to themselves about my firearm. The 90 year old lady at the door got wide eyed when she saw and then just smiled.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I was planning on outside carrying in my local public library (not school's). is it legal?

It is not prohibited by the Indiana Code.

This page from the FAQ would be a good place for you to look; it also has a link to the applicable IC sections.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...16185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html#post187168

And just as a side note, when you said "outside carrying", did you mean "open carrying"? It is possible to carry in an "outside the pants" holster while still carrying concealed. Either way, the State of Indiana makes no distinction between concealed carry and open carry (i.e., out in the open, easily visible, not hidden from view); both are equally protected. Prudence, wisdom, modesty, or other reasons may dictate that concealed carry is more appropriate in some circumstances, but the State does not attempt to dictate what those circumstances are.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Alas, I have not recently been targeted or caused discernable panic. :rolleyes:

Then you must not be OC'ing! Everyone knows women and children will flee in terror if someone is seen carrying a firearm without a police uniform equipped! And of course, doing do will immediately cause one to become compelled to hold up convenience stores and banks!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I OCed to two job interviews today, but I chickened out when I got there and put it in the glovebox. :facepalm: I need the job more than to make a statement. :):

Then went to PSS, ammo prices were too high so I went to Wally world and picked up some 9mm and a tub to put all this computer crap in. Then walked around the neighborhood.

Only had one guy come up to me and tried to grab my gun and shoot me, but I shot him instead. :dunno:

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    went to bass pro shop to get practice ammo....stopped and ate at quaker steak..then to town and country for my supply of ho's ho's and ding dongs.....was a good day!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom