• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Great clips for a hair cut and then the gas station for gas. While waiting in line at the gas station the guy behind me said "Is that a Colt?" I said, "Yes, a Gold Cup." He said, "Yeah, I saw the horse on the grip." I wanted to say, "It is a rampant pony you doofus", but I didn't. He said he had a Colt but can't carry it because it is so heavy he walks crooked by the end of the day. I said, "You get used to it" and walked out.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    County Market gas station this morning. Only second time anyone has ever said anything about it. Guy at the pump next to me informed me that I need to keep it clean, I told him I clean every weekend. He then gave me a little 1 ounce sample size of Rem Oil cleaner, lubricant, protectant. Wasn't that darn nice? I've not used it before, think I might try it out.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Had a GREAT day of OC today!

So, on the way home I stopped for an oil change. I pulled in, answered the questions, then stepped out of the car w/ my messenger bag and USP 40 on my side. The bag is a Thinkgeek "Bag of Holding"

I sat in the waiting room, then was called back out to go over the bill. The guy helping me said "Nice bag", which was surprising, because he didn't look like the typical gamer/role-player. Later on while ringing me up, he said "That a Taurus 9?"... I didn't think I heard him right, so I said "Hmm?", he pointed at the gun and said "Taurus 9?", I answered him "USP 40 Compact" (this is one of the first times anyone has ever called attention to it directly to me)

We got to talking, apparently he's a pretty avid gun collector and role-player, carries a Desert Eagle, has 80 acres to the south where he and his friends and other guys at Jiffy Lube go to shoot AR's, .50 cals, and various rifles. Pretty great talk! He mentioned it was an odd combination to see someone w/ a gaming-related bag and an open-carry, that it wasn't ordinary.

Awesome day, really liked that. That's the kind of confrontation I want more of as I OC every day.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    :yesway:OC'd after work about a week ago, to the Thorntons across the street. (State St, New Albany). Had a kid come in after me, walked straight up to me, and Asked if I were a cop. I told him I wasn't, very calmly, and he started to stammdr about me having a gun. I told him that it was legal, and he finally figured out that I had my permit. He was kinda spastic about it. I ended up in line behind him at the counter, and he asked me a couple more questions, enough that the employees there noticed my firearm. They were so cool and collected about it, (probably because people from work go in there at least 10 times a day, and they know us very well,) that I was actually surprised by their lack of reaction. Felt kind of good to know that people I deal with daily understand.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Target, Meijer, Toys R Us. And another Meijer. looking for a bike for my son. Nobody seemed to notice except one guy at Toys R Us. he seemed kind of freaked out about it as I was talking to him. Couldn't keep his eyes off the gun.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You won't see any more "OC at Starbucks" from me! I'm giving up on Starbucks, I go there far too often :P

Walmart recently, one guy kinda followed me around to get a better look.
    Gas Station, a couple of ladies glanced a few times from their car.
    To my mother's to get something, she still disapproves :P

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Took a walk today with the wife....3-4 miles. Walked right past 3 police cars with lights flashing and officers out "visiting" with someone. They all just looked and smiled when I waved. The walk included a CVS for water.

First real serious OC for any length of time.

rlynch25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    South East Indy
    Being new to OC (have always CC'd) I started off by carrying last night while stopping at a dollar general with my wife, and a short trip to my son's house. I expected my wife to say "why are you carrying that gun" (and she did) but I was surprised that my daughter's 3 friends who we were picking up did not mention it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    AT&T store. The rep talked about phones, saying "What kind of phone you got?", then immediately "What kind of gun you got?" :P

Asked if I was in the service, mentioned his favorite carry, as well as a liking to Berettas. A customer came in behind me and leaned around to see my USP, watched it the whole way out like they'd never seen one before

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Being new to OC (have always CC'd) I started off by carrying last night while stopping at a dollar general with my wife, and a short trip to my son's house. I expected my wife to say "why are you carrying that gun" (and she did) but I was surprised that my daughter's 3 friends who we were picking up did not mention it.

You will find the lack of excitement caused by your OCing to be very satisfying. It's really neat how nobody ever freaks out about us OCing in real life like they do in some of their posts online.

9MMBEL3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    kokomo
    I oc with a clip/belt loop holster about everywhere but when i know it is not allowed I leave weapon in the car but not the holster. I have not had anyone say anything yet but prepare to show lifetime permit.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    You will find the lack of excitement caused by your OCing to be very satisfying. It's really neat how nobody ever freaks out about us OCing in real life like they do in some of their posts online.

You are OCing for the wrong reasons then.

People freak out all the time when I OC. :dunno:

200564186-003.jpg

I am just upholding the law! :draw:

BRING IT ON CRIMINALS! BOW BEFORE ME ALL YOU LITTLE OLD LADIES! TREMBLE BEFORE MY INTIMIDATING FIREARMS!

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    Met with my brother this morning to go walk 50 acres he just got. Stopped at McD, True Value before we went. Now keep in mind he was open carrying also. Never had one problem. the funny part is, when we get to the property, he asked if I had a gun with me. LOL Sometimes I just have to laugh and shake my head at him. When I got back to town I also went to the Wesselmans Grocery just down from the Plasma center and no problems there either.( they have a lot of problems with the doners ) all in all went well and that was the 1st time for me.

James

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom