• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    Indiana Dunes State Park. No problems. A lot of families camping there right now before school starts. Also carried on the beach. I don't think the lifeguard appreciated it :)

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    Mo's irish pub in Noblesville Friday night. I OC almost everywhere, but this is the first time anyone has said anything. I had 3 people comment on my firearm.

One, at the restroom sink asked if I was on duty. As I'm not an LEO, I said no. He responded, "I'm surprised they let you carry that thing in here." I proceeded to inform him of our wonderful laws permitting my open display of my liberties.

The second was a native Texan (lady), and asked me why I carried. As the band was rocking, I simply answered, "because I can. ;)" Turns out, she was just testing me, and seemed quite satisfied with my response, the preceded to explain that she was intending to be inebriated, so she left hers in the car.

The third interaction was a simple, "Is that a gun?" "Yep." "Ok, are you security?" "For myself and my wife, and for you if need be." "Well, alright then."

These were all patrons, no police, no manager, the bartenders didn't even bat an eye.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    OC'ed at Potawatami park in South Bend. Had a nice picnic with Clay, Scott, Lance and a bunch of kids running around. The park was packed with people. Me, Lance, Clay and Jen (Clay's wife) were all OC. At one point while we were grilling, a lady came up to us and asked if we felt it was really unsafe there. I commented that there is a lot of crime on that side of town. She kind of shrugged and made a little small talk. We wished her a good day, and that was it. No problems whatsoever.

I'm sure most of the people robbed, killed, or shot, didn't think there would be trouble.
    No crystal ball.

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Meijer on Rockville Rd Avon. Morning clerks are always smiling and greeting me upon entering. Never get approached or even considered for my rather large Ruger hanging off my hip.

Also Pitsboro Farmers Market as I met the town Marshal. She is a great person and shares our values for carry. And I must say, she has a sweet surprise for those who would do bad.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Donut Bank, Hucks, CVS, Wal Mart, Briar and Bean, Real Army Surplus, Old Country Store in Newburgh, Family Video, and Golden Buddha.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Took all 5 of my kids to get haircuts (before school) to 'great clips' on Ireland where scottsdale mall used to be.. non one seemed to care :yesway: then took the family to Hacienda on Miami in 'the bend'... (twas dinner for my berfday)... then came back home.

That's my place! I think I warmed them up. They used to say things, but now, it's a common thing, so they don't mind. Not that they ever did, they just don't mention it anymore.

Kaardomos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Milltown, Indiana
    Oced at a rest stop on the way to Indianapolis. A guy showed me his Alabama Open Carry shirt he was wearing and talked about the open carry in our respective states. After seeing his shirt, I felt threatened that he might have one of those evil guns on him, so I called in an MWAG on him.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I noticed quite a few people mentioning OC at a Target, but I had heard that in the Indpls area they weren't friendly to OC and would ask you to leave. Does anyone know Target's official stance on the topic? Maybe it's up to the local store manager?

This is my first post on this site - and I'm hoping this next question isn't hijacking the thread! -----
    How do you handle establishments/places where you chose to NOT CC/OC but you were when you drove up (e.g. A store you didn't realize that posted no HG allowed)? As a CC only person (currently), I find it a huge hassle to try to "change" out of CC when I'm not at home. My guess is you learn to not be bothered by walking up to the door, and realizing it, and have figured out a way to discretely disarm inside your vehicle in a public parking lot.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I noticed quite a few people mentioning OC at a Target, but I had heard that in the Indpls area they weren't friendly to OC and would ask you to leave. Does anyone know Target's official stance on the topic? Maybe it's up to the local store manager?

This is my first post on this site - and I'm hoping this next question isn't hijacking the thread! -----
    How do you handle establishments/places where you chose to NOT CC/OC but you were when you drove up (e.g. A store you didn't realize that posted no HG allowed)? As a CC only person (currently), I find it a huge hassle to try to "change" out of CC when I'm not at home. My guess is you learn to not be bothered by walking up to the door, and realizing it, and have figured out a way to discretely disarm inside your vehicle in a public parking lot.

:welcome:

I've OCd at Target without an issue (though once a mom from my son's daycare saw me and talked with the Daycare; the Daycare owner called me out on it and now I've got her interested in going shooting too) :rockwoot:

I don't go to a lot of places that I havent been (maybe that's kind of sad). If I am going to a new place, I usually CC or have a way to CC just in case. I'd prefer not to disarm due to a sign. I actually look for the signs, but most places do not seem to care; the only one I can think of off the top of my head is babies r us, but I go to buy buy baby instead (they don't care if I OC).

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

No idea what Target's corp. policy is. Don't really care, either. I've carried openly in Avon's store a few times. We don't shop there often, though. Too expensive on about everything.

As for your "what to do" question: I just walk in - OC and all. If they want me to leave, they can ask. I do not go back to my car to disarm, and I rarely (if ever) untuck my shirt to attempt (poorly) at concealing. I have never yet had an issue doing this, even at businesses that I found out later were very pro-victim (Babies-R-Us, for instance).

Welcome to INGO, by the way!

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I went to M.A.S. Markers in Brownsburg this morning, not quite OC'ing. Had my FNP9 in Blackhawk Serpa right hip, but sortof covered by my polo shirt, and printing badly. One employee asked me; "Hey Man, you packin'?" Me, "Yes I am". Him; "What is it?" Me; "FNP9. After hours I am head of security for a very important family in Brownsburg."

Then his buddy turned back around and said "Really, what family?" Me: "Mine". He just smiled and said "Nice".

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    OC'd to my girlfriend's Dad's house and met him for the first time. He also is an avid OCer and was carrying as well. This is gonna be fun!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom