Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Was at The Garage for a few hours, OC'd in all my glory. We had about 15 co-workers there, none of them noticed until about halfway through. One said "Is that a ... why do you have a GUN?!"

Couple small conversations about Indiana gun laws, etc... so now the people I work with, and my boss, know I carry a gun :P

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    The Speedway at Miami and Ireland in The Bend after the UT permit class at Kodiak.

None of us could get the fingerprint ink off our fingers after the class. That would have been an interesting interaction with a LEO. The CZ PO-1 on my hip and fingerprint ink on my digits.

Went to the Hacienda on Miami and then Martins in Erskine Plaza after the wife and I also completed the UT permit class at Kodiak.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    and you have got to be kidding right??? or is it not related to the night out and the "gun". If so that is really some sad crap.

No clue. Certainly not performance related, as I out-perform everyone there consistently. I'm curious if it was due to me carrying "off-the-clock" with co-workers nearby, and if so, what my options are

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    ... and now I just got a call ending my employment with said company.

The hell...
    Seriously? Start a new thread and fill us in.

Then give Guy a buzz to check on your options. "At Will" employment cuts both ways, but there are a few protections (or, if you are a pure-bred Libertarian, a few egregious violations of someone's rights).

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Took all 5 of my kids to get haircuts (before school) to 'great clips' on Ireland where scottsdale mall used to be.. non one seemed to care :yesway: then took the family to Hacienda on Miami in 'the bend'... (twas dinner for my berfday)... then came back home.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    ... and now I just got a call ending my employment with said company.

The hell...

When I read that you were OC-ing in front of your co-workers and had let the cat out of the bag that you are one of those 'gun nuts' :rolleyes: that actually think their life is worth defending, I immediately thought, "I hope that it doesn't come around and bite him in the *** at his job..."

I sincerely hope it works out for you... :ingo:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I OCed at Pizza Hut today. There were three Montgomery County Sheriff Dept. officers eating there (within tasing distance). :):

Up at the buffet line, one young officer sparked up a conversation.

"What generation Glock is that?"

I pistol whipped him and left him on the floor near the salad bar. :D

No, not really. As much as I wanted to tell him it was an 8th Gen and comment that the 4th Gen in his holster was still rather quaint... I let him know it was a Springfield XDm. ;)

A little more small talk while loading up then told him to have a nice day. He might not be a gun guy, but I appreciated the non-issue and smiles as I walked past their table a few more times.

+1 MCSD and +1 Pizza Hut. I've never had an issue with either.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    OC'ed at Potawatami park in South Bend. Had a nice picnic with Clay, Scott, Lance and a bunch of kids running around. The park was packed with people. Me, Lance, Clay and Jen (Clay's wife) were all OC. At one point while we were grilling, a lady came up to us and asked if we felt it was really unsafe there. I commented that there is a lot of crime on that side of town. She kind of shrugged and made a little small talk. We wished her a good day, and that was it. No problems whatsoever.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    OC'ed at Potawatami park in South Bend. Had a nice picnic with Clay, Scott, Lance and a bunch of kids running around. The park was packed with people. Me, Lance, Clay and Jen (Clay's wife) were all OC. At one point while we were grilling, a lady came up to us and asked if we felt it was really unsafe there. I commented that there is a lot of crime on that side of town. She kind of shrugged and made a little small talk. We wished her a good day, and that was it. No problems whatsoever.

Her question seems to be the one that I find most irritating. No stupid, if I felt it was that "unsafe" I wouldn't be here.

Idiots! Like we have to qualify carrying by relating it to current crime levels in a specific area. :xmad:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    For the last two days I haven't been able to OC, or at least not until we left Holiday World. I re-armed in their parking lot this afternoon as we were loading up to drive home.

We stopped at a gas station outside of Marengo for some go juice, then drove down the road to Corydon to a Frisch's for dinner. Got some looks walking back and forth to the salad bar. Might not have helped that I was also wearing my Shooters 'n Scooters shirt and we were discussing the fact that I was designing this year's shirts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom