• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Yesterday at Trader Joe's in Castleton on the way home to Fort Wayne from Evansville along with a few other stops on the way home. My daughter did say I took in a lot of stares at Trader Joe's though. Oh well, they have a good glutten free selection. :)

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Sat and Sun, Family Express on 35 north of Kingsbury. Needed cash for the range. Got a few looks. McDonalds in Highland, Bakers Square and Applebees in Schereville.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Lets see, Hucks Gas, CVS, Schnucks, Kruckemeyer and Kohn (spelling?), and Schaum Jewelers.

I talked to the owner of Schaums, he introduced himself as the "owner and janitor", and complimented me on my piece. We talked guns, Obama, politics, and religion. He was CC crazed, but we talked about it, and he said as long as I am carrying, I am alright. We compared guns, talked about semiauto v. revolver. CC v. OC. It was a great conversation. I never knew a hour and a half could slip away so easily..

Great guy. Will be doing business there again for sure!

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Kmart, target, goodwill, and outside my apartment in Bloomington as I moved furniture in and out of my apartment. A younger guy that worked at goodwill approached me with a friendly "hey, is that an XD?" We talked guns for a minute and then parted ways. Not so much as an odd look anywhere else.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Circle K, Taco Bell, Meijer, Starbucks x2, and around the yard.

Methinks I'll only keep posting if I go somewhere I haven't been before, or if there's any sort of encounter, be it positive or negative.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'll be OC tonight when I pick up my new microwave from the Sears in Castleton. Then out to wherever we have dinner. Ideally the Mongolian Grill, but realistically whatever my wife wants (likely Puccini's). Wouldn't be surprised if there are other errands that I won't know about until AFTER we pass the turn (Oh, wait! We need to get such-n-such. Turn around!)

A "preemptive" Where DID you OC post? Oh, yeah, I went there!

piper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    I OC'ed all around Bloomington today. I enjoy getting nasty looks from all the liberals in this area.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Last night at Kreager Park in New Haven to take my boys to the splashpad and playground. A few looks, but most were too busy watching their own kids to look at my hip & I spent most of my time pushing my boys on the swings so it wasn't very visible.
    Then to El Azteca on State St in Fort Wayne. No issues.

I was there yesterday too, didn't notice you but would have said howdy. :)

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    OC'ed a few different places Tuesday the 17. Started off in Avon at Red Lobster for my wife's and my birthday. No issues with the staff there. Did have a couple of guys at the table across from me that kept looking over and staring. Think it made the wife a little uncomfortable. She went from CC to OC. From there it was off to Dicks, Target, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart for school supplies for the kids. No issues anywhere in Avon.

Heading back to B-burg, a license plate from a passing vehicle few up and hit my windshield, so I stopped and picked it up. Next stop was B-burg Wal-Mart for the last few supplies the Avon store didn't have in stock. No issues OC'ing there.

Heading home I seen four Brownsburg Police cars at the BP so I decided to stop in and give them the license plate that found me earlier. No issues there with me OC'ing either.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    OC'ed a few different places Tuesday the 17. Started off in Avon at Red Lobster for my wife's and my birthday. No issues with the staff there. Did have a couple of guys at the table across from me that kept looking over and staring. Think it made the wife a little uncomfortable. She went from CC to OC. From there it was off to Dicks, Target, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart for school supplies for the kids. No issues anywhere in Avon.

Heading back to B-burg, a license plate from a passing vehicle few up and hit my windshield, so I stopped and picked it up. Next stop was B-burg Wal-Mart for the last few supplies the Avon store didn't have in stock. No issues OC'ing there.

Heading home I seen four Brownsburg Police cars at the BP so I decided to stop in and give them the license plate that found me earlier. No issues there with me OC'ing either.
    +1 for OC in the 'burg! I've noticed the BPD doesn't seem to really care. Same with pretty much every business around here. Nice to go about your business without worries....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    First true OC experience...

I just bought a Safariland paddle holster to carry my brother's Kimber Stainless II, which has the unfortunate tendency to put the butt of the weapon high into my ribs...this got to the point to where it was painfully scratching my skin, so as I was running around visiting people/doing errands in Rockville, I put my shirt in between my skin and the gun and went into a convenience store to [STRIKE]rob the place[/STRIKE] ;) buy some Gatorade and use the head. Luckily there were no 5 year-old girls lurking about the store, so I made it out of there in one piece without being disarmed and executed with my own (my brother's, actually) weapon. :D ;) :D

Not a word was said and no one gave me the hairy eyeball (that I noticed) in the brief time I was there. I was in there only about 3 minutes, so not even worth a separate thread.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I just bought a Safariland paddle holster to carry my brother's Kimber Stainless II, which has the unfortunate tendency to put the butt of the weapon high into my ribs...this got to the point to where it was painfully scratching my skin, so as I was running around visiting people/doing errands in Rockville, I put my shirt in between my skin and the gun and went into a convenience store to [STRIKE]rob the place[/STRIKE] ;) buy some Gatorade and use the head. Luckily there were no 5 year-old girls lurking about the store, so I made it out of there in one piece without being disarmed and executed with my own (my brother's, actually) weapon. :D ;) :D

Not a word was said and no one gave me the hairy eyeball (that I noticed) in the brief time I was there. I was in there only about 3 minutes, so not even worth a separate thread.

Congratulations on your first OC! :+1:

Following eldirector's lead I WILL be OCing in my local BMV today or tomorrow before my plates expire. I never seem to get those email reminders... I think I get too many INGO email reminders :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom