Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Few places lately

McDonalds, Starbucks, Walmart, O'Charlies, Subway

Officer outside of Subway when I was walking out, no issues.

Two trucks full of military men and women at Starbucks in Columbus this morning, exchanged friendly nods and bought my coffee.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Down to Jeff to visit my grandfather in the hospital. I OC'd on the way, and took it off when we got to the hospital; they have no-guns signs, and he wasn't going to make it much longer. I didn't need to hassle with anybody.

He was alert and coherent long enough to see everybody he loved arrive and say goodbye...he passed this morning in his sleep. He's fishing now.

I OC'd home, stopping at the gas station in Ramsey.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Down to Jeff to visit my grandfather in the hospital. I OC'd on the way, and took it off when we got to the hospital; they have no-guns signs, and he wasn't going to make it much longer. I didn't need to hassle with anybody.

He was alert and coherent long enough to see everybody he loved arrive and say goodbye...he passed this morning in his sleep. He's fishing now.

I OC'd home, stopping at the gas station in Ramsey.

Sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family :patriot:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Sorry for your loss and prayers to you and yours.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Had a nice day with the family. Stopped at Culver's in Lafayette for lunch, and then over to Prophetstown State Park. My little girl loves the old farm, and we took a little wagon ride. No comments, and no issues, and we walked all over.

Stopped at a truck stop in Lebanon on the way home. Young lady at the register waited until I started to walk away to say (rather loudly) "Wow! You have a gun!". To which I replied "Yeah, sure do." That's the first comment I have gotten in a while. I'll mark it in the "neutral" column.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Was in Angola visiting family last weekend and stopped at a gas station OCing.....nobody even thought anything about it. On the way out of town, had the fam in the truck and passed by a couple of older gentlemen (50 something). One of them had laid his bike down and ended up in a ditch. Stepped out OC and helped the other man pick the heavy Harley up and push it back up to the road. They were very appreciative. Asked if they needed anything else, but the guy that was hurt just had some road rash on his shoulder and shin. Wife was on her way to pick him up.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I don't OC, but talked the my ol' lady about it today.

Not normally the most logical or ultra conservative.............she said (paraphrased).

"If you can carry a gun then you should be able to carry it however you want, if the law allows OC fine, if it doesn't change the law. The bad guys don't follow the law anyway and the good guys need to let their presence be known".

Told her I talked to a coworker who grew up in AZ.............he said OC was no big deal as it was so common.

She said "it should be".

Had to pick my jaw off the floor.

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    This afternoon, I OC'd to Five Guys and Trader Joe's in Castleton. This evening my wife and I went to Chipotle in Nora. No one said a word.

When we came home from Chipotle, we decided to take a walk around our new neighborhood (closed on the house a month ago today). We didn't go inside first, so I was still OC. As we were walking, one of the older guys in the neighborhood was also walking and eventually caught up to us. As we he was passing he asked, "What's the weapon for?" I replied that I carry for self-defense and that I always have one on me. He then told me that the neighborhood doesn't have "anyone that bad in it." I chuckled and said that I knew a few people in the neighborhood that carry. He responded with, "Well, not out in the open like that." I just said, "Yeah, I suppose." And that was that.

The conversation was fairly light-hearted, but still the most flack I've received for OC. Meh. :rolleyes:

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Last night at Kreager Park in New Haven to take my boys to the splashpad and playground. A few looks, but most were too busy watching their own kids to look at my hip & I spent most of my time pushing my boys on the swings so it wasn't very visible.
    Then to El Azteca on State St in Fort Wayne. No issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom