• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    My bank on the way to the range for some IDPA goodness in the ridiculous heat.

Older guy coming out at the same time as me held the door open and said, "boy I'm gonna stick with you! I bet your the safest guy around here."

I laughed and returned the favor of holding the next door open for him and he said, "you know I think we would all be a lot better off if everyone did that" and nodded towards my holstered pistol.

I said, "I believe you are right" and he replied "I do that sometimes, I need to do it more I guess."

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

Older guy coming out at the same time as me held the door open and said, "boy I'm gonna stick with you! I bet your the safest guy around here."

I laughed and returned the favor of holding the next door open for him and he said, "you know I think we would all be a lot better off if everyone did that" and nodded towards my holstered pistol.

I said, "I believe you are right" and he replied "I do that sometimes, I need to do it more I guess."

Troublemaker.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Bob Evans in Merrillville, Brandy's Save and Lock Inc, in Merrillville and Menards in Hammond. No problems, perhaps a few people did a long look but that was it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    fifth-third, speedway, noble romans, liquor store, showplace 17 (moonrise kingdom).

Security saw me walking out, while he was on the way to his car. Didnt seem to care.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN

These are generally how conversations go with me OC'ing.
    I tried to Rep you but I need to spread some love to others first. :rockwoot:

It's amazing how many people are afraid to OC... when in reality,
    As long as you aren't dressed like scum and carry yourself well,
    most of your conversations (if any) are positive.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

You can't possibly be serious, everyone here knows that OCers are ass clowns and do nothing but harm to the "Cause"...

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Hucks, ran into two officers, both nodded their heads at me when I made my drink selection. Wal Mart, and I half CCd at the mall. I was bending down looking at jewelry cases the whole time, and I'd bet money that my gun was OC more than it was CC. I pulled my shirt down when changing stores, that was it.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I was accidentally ocing at church today. A couple we know for about a year sat behind us and he tapped me on the shoulder. I was turning around as I saw him approach and he said, duuuude, you're carrying a gun! I told him that everytime he had seen me, I had been carrying an outside of church I have always OC'ed. He was shocked and I'm not sure he ever noticed before. I'm shocked he hasn't ever noticed before. I wanted to chat more but didn't see him after church. Maybe next Sunday.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Dunhams, Credit Union, Walgreens, Laundromat (in the apartment complex where I live), Arby's.

There was a local LEO walking out of dunhams as I was walking in. I saw him eye **** my handgun, but he just kept on a-walkin'. +1 Marion Police Department.

Incidentally, I had a hold of my 6 year old little girl's hand and we were talking about what we wanted to have for dinner or something to that effect (guess what she picked...)

Whether he didn't want to make a scene with her there or he respected my right, either way it was a win to me!

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Originally just posted this in "Where did you "see" OC today?" but figured I'd share here along with saying that I just OC'ed at Best Buy and Wal-mart.

Had a cool interaction just about an hour ago.

Was walking out of the Best Buy in Greenwood and noticed an FJ Cruiser (similar in color to mine) pull up.
    Also being an owner of one and having an FJ Indiana wheeling meet coming up next weekend, felt obligated to say something to the owner.
    As he got out, we started chatting about our vehicles. Right then, I noticed the other male getting out of the vehicle was OC'ing a subcompact Sig, OWB.
    I didn't say anything right away because I didn't want to look like a freak switching subjects immediately.

After a few minutes of chatting, I said to the OC'er, "You're carrying, good for you".
    Like the smart man he was, replied "We'd all be better off if everyone did". or something along those lines.
    The main guy/FJ cruiser owner I was talking to immediately lifted up the side of his shirt and was also carrying OWB, but covered by his shirt.

Needless to say, after chatting about guns and off-roading for 10-15 minutes, will hopefully add another rig to our wheeling group this weekend!

Seeing that both of them were carrying (+1 to the OC'er) just made it that much better. :rockwoot:

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Bakers Square in Schererville, Meijer in Highland, Walgreens in Hammond on Calumet Ave. and around the block to the mailbox in Hammond. A couple looks but that's it.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Another busy weekend! Ate at Hardee's in Danville yesterday morning (blech, but my wife likes it) for breakfast. They tried to give me a police discount, but I declined (Do you have a badge? Nope, just a license). Then off to Cox's greenhouse for some flowers. Dinner out last night at the little Chinese place at 71st and Keystone.

Today, just the gas station, Lowes in Brownsburg (oh yeah, did that yesterday too), and then the Mexican restaurant at 56th and Lafayette.

@Jashualee - Its funny watching folks when I have my little girl with me. Its like they can't wrap their brains around a armed father of a cute little girl.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Blueberry Hill Pancake House in Mooresville Saturday morning. MMMMM pancakes! Then at the BP across the street....then the house, it was HOT didn't do squat!

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Bremen: Bremen Chiropractic and Lake City Bank. Got a nasty looks from the one teller but ignored her. She kept her mouth shut. Smart move on her part or we would have been talking to the management.

Lapaz: Mac's Market. There was a county sheriff in the market but I never noticed him as I was focused on finding a pie for a friends B-day.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Yesterday, I OC'ed to the IU Credit Union, the gas station near there, and the south side Taco Bell. not much of a chance to carry as of late; working 2 jobs, 14-15 hours a day at work leaves little time for much of anything else. Of course the fun money is great!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom