• Status
    Not open for further replies.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    McCormick Creel SP, Brown County SP.

Had a chat with a guy about the gun I was OCing, and what he carries and his buddy that has some similar guns. First time in a long time I've had anyone say anything about the firearm, so when asked what I was packing, I said "oh just my camera and some water bottles"; turns out he didn't ask what was in my pack, but what was on my hip.:hooked: So it may take a like minded individual, but people do notice OC, didn't ask about INGO, so I'm keeping an eye on the where did you see OC thread:):.

henktermaat, there is a 4H policy, doing 20min of searching didn't turn it up, but there was mention and citation last summer, and it's a state or national level policy, where firearms are ok for teaching the kids to shoot but protection is against policy, similar lines to the boy scout policy, girl scouts just defer to state law. There may also be fairground policy to contend with; which the privately owned fair grounds in my county prohibit, so I'm CC only at the fair or it's rapidly a trespassing issue. I do commend you for holding firm with the 4H rep, and then again with the "we have to talk to you but you don't have to do anything" interaction.

rugerfan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    laporte county
    i open carry every day anywhere i go. all tho i did have a problam in walmart i worked for,they stopped me and asked if i was police i said no,they began telling me i cant carry in walmart i told them to have a nice day and went on my way... half way threw the store i got stopped again,by asset protection they told me i know you have a gun as we can clearly see it,i said yes how can i help you,they told me i had to conceal it or put it in my vehicle its walmart policy (which it is not) so i told them until you post it on the door as i walk-in i will not its the law and my right... and after that i walked away, i then called the 1-800-walmart number and told them everything they told me i dont have to worry again and i got a call the next day with an a sorry its not it walmarts policy and since it is in a holster you have every legal right

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Congratulations on your first OC! :+1:

Thanks! Tried to rep you, had to spread the love... :wwub:

To my shock :eek: , my Mom doesn't seem to have a problem with me OCing. She has gone from mild protests of "You don't need to carry that (pistol) there (=insert location here)..." to applying for her Florida CCW and stating, "If they (criminals) see someone OCing, they damn sure won't mess with them (meaning the OCer!)"

After all these years of working on her, she has finally come to the dark side...and she's starting to nibble on the cookies! :thumbsup:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Over the weekend, I attended a Fundraiser for a friend's son who lost a leg and part of the other in Afghanistan. The event was held at the Mishawaka FOP lodge. I OC'd in there with a bunch of pro-military folk, with plenty of police officers around. The only person who said anything was a coworker that is a british immigrant. He left knowing more than when he arrived.

I also OC'd while mowing the lawn in downtown Goshen. No MWAG calls.

Never did end up going to the movies. Stayed inside on Sunday and watched movies all day with the wife at home. OC'd there too.

Birdman002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    South Bend
    Me and CptNervous hung out today and we went to Midwest gun exchange looking for something for my AR and possibily a case for the AR and my new shotgun, but anyways after we left we went to lunch at Ihop and then to Disk Replay alright so here is the story.
    I carry a Para 1911 P14 and CptNervous had a Glock 19 and we both walk in and start looking at video games and then this real fat kid walked past us and said we better get out of here before the batman thing happens again, it pisses me off, stupid kid probably has no idea about guns besides Call of Duty and such like that but to make that comment, to me and my friend two Military servicemen its disrespectful and to have people label me as psychopath like that guy really pisses me off. Its pathetic that people that carry OC or CC are going to be labeled even worse now and people are going to be even more uneasy about guns, when lets see OC and CC ers when is the last time you broke a gun law? Ok let me ask you the same question again how many times do criminals break gun laws, hmm probably all the time. The people that can legally carry are law abiding citizens well for the most part there are exceptions but anyways criminals dont follow laws and they never will no matter how strict people make gun laws.

Idk its a rant but it upset me for someone to put me on that guys level.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've been moving into a new apartment, and I've been carrying while I move boxes in and out. Several kids have noticed my gun over the past few days. A group of kids were saying something about it while I was moving a mattress and their mother said "he probably has a permit for that". I've heard a couple kids say "look, a gun!" after I walk by. One guy asked me what I was carrying and then told me that I'm going to need it here and that I shouldn't trust anyone. That's a heartening thing to hear when you first move into a new place. I had an amusing conversation with a kid that went roughly as follows...

Kid: "Are you a cop?"
    Me: "Nope"
    Kid: "Then why do you have a gun?"
    Me: "To defend myself. You can do that ya know."
    Kid: "So what's your job?"
    Me: "Um... I work at a restaurant... My job and my gun aren't related in any way."
    Kid: "Oh. Do a lot of people hate you? Do you have to carry a gun because people try to hurt you?"
    Me: "*laughs* No, people don't hate me."
    At this point the conversation ended because his friend asked if it was a taser and he started hitting him with a pool noodle, saying "no stupid, he said it's a gun!" I had places to be so I said bye and left.

At Game Preserve I had a couple people ask me about my gun. Even got a couple compliments :) During the move out inspection at my old apartment the maintenance man said I might have to start carrying that more places, what with the theater massacre and all that.

Whew, that's probably the most attention my sidearm has had in a long time!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So here's an odd one. Note that I'm wearing dress pants, dress shirt, and a tie.

Went to Fifth-Third in greenwood, the one I go to ALL the time.

I walked in and started filling out my deposit slip. There were no other customers at the time, and the three tellers were VERY quiet, and noticably whispering behind me. One even did the fake cough thing to get another one's attention

I turn around to walk to the tellers ,and one has walked out from behind the booth area, now standing to the side with a shocked look as though she's about to run out the door screaming.

"PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE AN OFFICER"
    I smile, "Nope."
    "Detective?"
    "No... just a citizen."
    "But as long as you have a handgun permit...?" the other teller speaks up, taking my deposit slip and looking at me with a scared face...
    "Yes, of course."

The third teller speaks up "But you can't have that in banks..."
    "I saw no sign on the door..."
    My teller in front of me: "But some 5/3rd have a sign, so you can't have guns in them.... the one up on..."
    "It varies branch by branch. I'm in here every week."
    3rd teller: "Yes ,and we know you... but banks aren't allowed?"
    "schools and courthouses aren't allowed in Indiana. Banks are fine."
    "I'm pretty sure they aren't."
    "they are."
    "As long as you don't use it on us..."

I laugh, and wish them a nice day as I walk out, deposit complete.

Wierd.

Next, off to Chik-Fil-A on 135, very crowded.... no one cared.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm a couple of days late on this...

Glacier National Park. The place was packed and everywhere we stopped there was tourists. We hiked back to a couple of waterfalls and with all the people it was really hard to sneak off the trail to "water the trees". I had my XD .45 in a brown Biancchi holster. The two rangers either didn't notice or didn't care.

Now I'm in Seattle with no legal carry option. Next up is SLC then Denver, then Kansas City, MO. All good for carry there.

Is Utah OC friendly?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So here's an odd one. Note that I'm wearing dress pants, dress shirt, and a tie.

Went to Fifth-Third in greenwood, the one I go to ALL the time.

I walked in and started filling out my deposit slip. There were no other customers at the time, and the three tellers were VERY quiet, and noticably whispering behind me. One even did the fake cough thing to get another one's attention

I turn around to walk to the tellers ,and one has walked out from behind the booth area, now standing to the side with a shocked look as though she's about to run out the door screaming.

"PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE AN OFFICER"
    I smile, "Nope."
    "Detective?"
    "No... just a citizen."
    "But as long as you have a handgun permit...?" the other teller speaks up, taking my deposit slip and looking at me with a scared face...
    "Yes, of course."

The third teller speaks up "But you can't have that in banks..."
    "I saw no sign on the door..."
    My teller in front of me: "But some 5/3rd have a sign, so you can't have guns in them.... the one up on..."
    "It varies branch by branch. I'm in here every week."
    3rd teller: "Yes ,and we know you... but banks aren't allowed?"
    "schools and courthouses aren't allowed in Indiana. Banks are fine."
    "I'm pretty sure they aren't."
    "they are."
    "As long as you don't use it on us..."

I laugh, and wish them a nice day as I walk out, deposit complete.

Wierd.

Next, off to Chik-Fil-A on 135, very crowded.... no one cared.

Next time you should ask her, "Don't you want someone on your side to be armed?"

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I've actually started OC'ing more than I CC, but more due to weapon selection. I am buying a Sig P250, so I may start CCing more, but I have had no issues OCing around Southern Indiana and Louisville. Carried to Waffle House, gun shops, gas stations, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom