• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Also add down at the river front this evening. We had a small festival called the Shriners Fest me and the girlfriend went and checked out. OC'd while playing games, walking around, eating food. Cops were all over the place, never stopped once. Got a head nod from what seemed to be the one in charge when we left.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    So the wife and I went yard saling again yesterday, both of us open carried. Early on, no one mentioned a thing, then we arrived at one house that was kinda all by itself, and when we were taking our purchases out, the lady behind the table commented on my fine lady's .40 and how she looked dangerous. It started a pleasant conversation as we discussed the community and societal needs for more people to carry, either through OC or CC. It was a great conversation and then we moved on.

We arrived at another yardsale a little off on the beaten path outside city limits, and almost immediately, the man running the sale asks me if he could ask me a question. And he asked me if indiana law allowed me to OC. He explained that he had his lifetime permit, and was carrying concealed but he had always assumed that Indiana was a CC state. The wife and I started up a great conversation with him and we discussed Indiana code, some recent cases in the news, and refered him to Ingo for more information and discussion. Hopefully, our OC has gotten us another soon to be new member, or at the least a new lurker who will learn from others here.

Then the wife and I packed up to go to South Bend to visit Kodiak Range. It didn't dawn on either of us at the time, but pregnant ladies aren't allowed to shoot at indoor ranges. Well, if she dont get to shoot, guess what? I'm not allowed to either. So we had great food and a good time with all our fellow INGO'ers who were there.

Oh, and I carried in at the Walmart that was next door...

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    We arrived at another yardsale a little off on the beaten path outside city limits, and almost immediately, the man running the sale asks me if he could ask me a question. And he asked me if indiana law allowed me to OC. He explained that he had his lifetime permit, and was carrying concealed but he had always assumed that Indiana was a CC state. The wife and I started up a great conversation with him and we discussed Indiana code, some recent cases in the news, and refered him to Ingo for more information and discussion. Hopefully, our OC has gotten us another soon to be new member, or at the least a new lurker who will learn from others here.

Just out of curiosity, which news stories did you talk about?

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Dunkin' Donuts, Speedway Gas Station, Aurelios Pizza, local mechanic's garage for an oil change, Munster car wash (sit inside while they wash). Each stop was active with customers. Not one comment from anyone.

One of the employees at the car wash left a bottle of window spray in my passenger's seat. I didn't realize it until after i left. I returned it on the way home, got out of my truck and brought it inside and handed it to one of the employees. Again, not a word.

There was a group of elderly gents sitting aroung an outdoor table at Dunkin' Donuts. They glanced as I walked past, but said nothing and went back to their conversation.

My Bro in law is a Munster cop. They're usually pretty OC friendly, just FYI :) He is more pro-OC than my other Bro in law who used to be in the army. He gives me crap for OCing and carrying with one in the chamber. My cop Bro in law carries the same way.

Anyway - I OC'd in Walmart down here in J-town yesterday. I haven't seen another OCer despite Kentucky being constitutional OC.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Yesterday, Walgreens on 9 mile in Crown Point, Walmart on 30 and 41.

Today, went to debs gun range, funny story. I carry a Glock 21 and my wifes CCW is a S&W .38 snubby. We took my friend to Debs, he has never fired a gun but he is 6'2 250lbs. I provided eyes and ears for him, he bought a few targets and we got down into the range.

My wife offers her .38 special with a laser to him first, I load one round, tell him no matter what happens to keep it pointed down range. He picks it up I see the dot on the target and after a few seconds I hear "click". I tell him to pull again, "click". I tell him to set it down. I picked it up and learned that the wheel rotates the opposite way than I though it did.

I figure he is a responsible grown man and load up 4 more rounds to fill the wheel and remind him to keep it down range. He picks it up, i see the dot again and that 38 special "CRACK". He turns around keeping it down range and looks at my wife with a very suprised look. She says keep going, he refuses and sets it down.

I said yeah that little J-frame kicks like a mule, want to try mine? He refuses. My wife suggests that he go back up to the shop and rent a .22 He did so and was much happier.

I was really suprised as he is normally fearless. Anyway we had a lot of fun, I put the 600th round through my G21 and we went out to eat after to TGI Friday's US 41. I must say that I covered my firearm as I know the resturant is not receptive to open carry and my wife was really looking forward to the meal.

I choose to cover my weapon over her wrath if we got asked to leave, like I said, she carries a .38 special........

Last edited:

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    But the biggest reason is I only have a Fobus holster and quite frankly am a little embarrassed by this.

Hate to be this guy.. But, I use a fobus paddle holster, is there something wrong with them? I like it, it's comfy and holds my gun well. :dunno::dunno:

Any ways, OC'd at Donut Bank, Wal Mart, Hucks, and Family Video.

Have to CC at work, but at least I have the bosses blessing to carry on the clock. :rockwoot::yesway:

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Strack and Vantil in Highland picking up some porterhouse steaks mmm. Great remodel they just did very clean and "modern". Will be stopping there more often.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    CPT Nervous---Speedway on Ironwood and Ireland

A good place to be armed and dialed up to high on SA!

Definately! Another one is the Marathon there on Olive and Western.

I was OC'ing around the house yesterday, doing some light yardwork. I know, not a typical OC encounter that we normally discuss. I'm standing with the wife and daughter in front of the house (we live close to a busy intersection just outside of downtown Goshen) when a car stops in the middle of the road, and backs up to us.

This lil ol' lady in the car starts asking where I had gotten my holster from, explaining that her husband worked security and it was "pretty dangerous" but had a holster that rubbed his hip raw. I referred her to the local shops there in Goshen (ZX, and Rocketguns) and Midwest over in Mishawaka.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Yesterday I was in Greenwood and OC'd in Barnes & Noble. I debated OCing into Dick's Sporting goods, but decided I didn't want to. I don't know why, something inside me just said "cover it."

I also covered it at Patriot's Grill (see my post in the GFD section) but I'll probably OC there from now on.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Yesterday I was in Greenwood and OC'd in Barnes & Noble. I debated OCing into Dick's Sporting goods, but decided I didn't want to. I don't know why, something inside me just said "cover it."

I also covered it at Patriot's Grill (see my post in the GFD section) but I'll probably OC there from now on.

Why would you feel the need to CC in a store that sells GUNS?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    It wasn't the store that sells guns, it was something else. Call it a feeling. Call it something about that specific store having access into the Greenwood Park Mall, whereas Barnes & Noble, while attached, doesn't have direct access to the mall.

Heck, I even went to the gun counter and looked at a few shotguns. Something just said cover up. I probably shouldn't have, but I did.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    It wasn't the store that sells guns, it was something else. Call it a feeling. Call it something about that specific store having access into the Greenwood Park Mall, whereas Barnes & Noble, while attached, doesn't have direct access to the mall.

Heck, I even went to the gun counter and looked at a few shotguns. Something just said cover up. I probably shouldn't have, but I did.

Not second guessing you, just curious I guess. I thought it was funny. Sort of the exact OPPOSITE of people down here. I have seen several guys flip their shirt up over their gun when walking into Gander or another gun store/range but cover it up again when they head outside.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom