• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    Just Shell gas station today, had the clerk ask if I was a cop (Which I'm not but I've been getting a lot of that lately). He apparently didn't know that Indiana was an open carry state and was surprised by the fact that I've never been stopped or harassed by Carmel PD.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Why isn't this a sticky?
    Why does it need to be if we're always bumping it cause we're always OCing?;)

Today I hit up Shakamak SP again, lots of eyes fixated, a few concerned looks, no problems. That many more people out there seeing that OC and the 2A is nothing to fret over seeing in action. Oh and the weather was spectacular compared to last weeks hot and muggy so I hope other INGOers got to get outdoors as well.

812guns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Columbus Indiana
    I normally dont open carry unless im in my house or truck. Maybe if I stop to get gas and pay at the pump i will have it open. I try to make sure it is always covered by a shirt. I dont really care if it prints but i do my best to keep it hidden. A couple days ago I stopped at a pizza place on my way home in Shelbyville to get a $5 pizza. Went in open carrying. I had just got off work so I was in a shirt and tie. G19 in an UBG holster.... I dont think anyone even noticed. I was shocked..... I will have to do this more often. It was nice not to have to worry about keeping it concealed.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I normally dont open carry unless im in my house or truck. Maybe if I stop to get gas and pay at the pump i will have it open. I try to make sure it is always covered by a shirt. I dont really care if it prints but i do my best to keep it hidden. A couple days ago I stopped at a pizza place on my way home in Shelbyville to get a $5 pizza. Went in open carrying. I had just got off work so I was in a shirt and tie. G19 in an UBG holster.... I dont think anyone even noticed. I was shocked..... I will have to do this more often. It was nice not to have to worry about keeping it concealed.

I've open carried around Columbus and it has yet to be a big issue anywhere.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    OC'd all over Leavenworth, IN this weekend. Wife was reading a book on diabetes since I was diagnosed last week. Turns out that if my sugar level gets to low I could become "Beligerent" according to the book. She told me she would have to start carrying around a 5 year old girl to disarm me if that happens. :)

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Various places around Warsaw this evening. If the weather is nice (and, sometimes, even when it's not), I'll be on the motorcycle. Picked up a Gatorade and a snack for a Bible study at a local park. Nice conversation with a woman walking her black lab. She noticed that I was OC and started talking about hunting with her family back home growing up ...how ever pickup truck had a gun rack in the back window, and that the first weekend of deer season was pretty much a national holiday ...and how much times have changed. Still, a good conversation, and a nice evening as well.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Over to PNC for my fiancee to close one of her accounts, and then to Chase to open up our joint account for the whole home purchase thing. No issues at either; as it should be. Although PNC did have one of those "no hats, hoods, or sunglasses" signs on the door. Wasn't an issue obviously, but I just dislike shopping/patronizing places that attempt to regulate me for their own purposes. Luckily, we're closing out her final accounts there in a month or two. :D

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Belleville Softball Complex in South Bend to watch a fellow INGOer play. Thing is, this is a South Bend Parks and Recreation property, and they have listed "No Firearms" in their rules. South Bend is all butt hurt anyway about the new law forcing them to allow firearms. I wasn't expecting trouble, but was watchful anyway. Only thing that was said was when an umpire walked up behind the bleachers and said "I better watch out for this guy. Looks like he's packing."

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Walmart in South Bend down the street from Kodiak Range. Grabbed school binders for the wife and an onion for dinner. Also OC'd into Kodiak. Man behind the counter refrained from yelling MWAG and calling in the SWAT team and Officer Maxsey.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Only thing that was said was when an umpire walked up behind the bleachers and said "I better watch out for this guy. Looks like he's packing."

I'm sorry, but every time I see a quote like that it makes my blood boil just a bit. Why do people say things like this, even in jest? Have we as a society lost our capacity to think before our mouths open?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Belleville Softball Complex in South Bend to watch a fellow INGOer play. Thing is, this is a South Bend Parks and Recreation property, and they have listed "No Firearms" in their rules. South Bend is all butt hurt anyway about the new law forcing them to allow firearms. I wasn't expecting trouble, but was watchful anyway. Only thing that was said was when an umpire walked up behind the bleachers and said "I better watch out for this guy. Looks like he's packing."

RYAN!

I wish you would have given me a heads up. I want to go, too. Next time, dude!

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'm sorry, but every time I see a quote like that it makes my blood boil just a bit. Why do people say things like this, even in jest? Have we as a society lost our capacity to think before our mouths open?

I always consider dumb comments like this a compliment. If someone is willing to say something stupid to/about me while I am openly carrying a firearm, I obviously look like a very responsible and respectable individual who is not prone to shooting rampages.

As has been discussed before; if its so terrifying, why do people go out of their way to confront/insult/harass OC'ers if people who OC are so terrifying?

Answer: they're not terrifying at all! People who do that sort of crap already know that someone who is legally OCing is the LEAST likely person to hurt them, and so they feel fine about making some dumbass comment.

/rant

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend

Thanks for coming out and watch my team put on a hit parade. The kids had a great time playing with your young'uns. I was expecting to hear some helicopters swarm in and drop SWAT on the complex, but oddly nothing of the such happened.

I never heard back from the SB city attorney (she has been pretty busy with all the SBPD issues I'm sure), but she must have smacked the SB park dept over the head and had them remove the no firearms verbiage from the park rules.

Oh, and to keep on topic of the thread, I just OC to Portage wine and liquor over on Miami to pick up a case of 3 Floyds Gumballhead (mmmmmmm...my favorite beer), speedway on corner of Miami/Ireland...Then to BW3's to pick up some wings for lunch. No screams of MWAG or Officer Maxsey sightings. All in all, great lunch! Now back to the grind.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    OC'd to the park with a couple of friends and my fiancee for a picnic lunch. Enjoyable time was had by all. Some odd stares from under one of the pavilions, but whatever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom