• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Went to Best Buy in Mishawaka today around noon after the crowds had died down. I have been OCing so long, I hardly even think about it any more. Well, I walked in with my wife and 4 kids and the first guy I see comes over and asks if we need help. I give a polite No Thanks, then he says "I like that. What kind is it?" I say "Pardon?" He pats his hip, and it dawns on me he is talking about my gun. I told him it was a Glock, and he said he thought so. Nice guy. From there, we went to UP Mall, where I had to wear a jacket because it is a Simon property (-1). Movie theater, then Walmart.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    +1, Always happy to hear good/positive reactions and interactions at Best Buy. :rockwoot:

Most all Best Buy locations in Indiana should be Pro-Carry as far as accepting it goes.
    Believe it or not, OC topic has been brought up in the past within other leaders throughout the Indiana Districts.

To contribute to the thread:

Wal-mart in Greenwood tonight picking up some dog food and health care products.
    Only acknowledgement that I'm aware of was a gentleman (probably 45-55) looked at my M&P9 holstered OWB, smiled and nodded to me.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Arby's in Columbia City for lunch with a friend I went to college with. Sat and chatted for about 4 hours catching up. Good times. And nobody got shot. That always makes for a great day.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    All over broadripple. Infront of cops with tons of others OC'ing aswell. Part of occupy broadripple with guns. Very successful no issues at all.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I've never OC'd before. I've been exclusively a CC'er. Are there any places (aside from where firearms are obviously prohibited) that disapprove or give flak about OC'ing?

Anywhere that the possession of a handgun is not expressly prohibited, you may open carry it. We often use our discretion as to whether we will OC or not. OC is my standard means of carry, only modified when I feel it appropriate to cover it up. Such situations FOR ME include carrying at church, carrying at somebody's house who is not comfortable with seeing it, sporting events where I really don't want to be hassled for it or bother explaining that it's legal and mess with cops having to respond to MWAG calls, or going out bowling with friends. Basically, any place or time that I'd really rather not having to deal with people talking about it or being distracted by it, I use my discretion and may CC.

Use your own discretion as you see it fit or unfit. Perhaps a good place to try it out and begin getting comfortable with OC is just a trip to the supermarket or gas station, plus around the house. As you get more familiar with it, you'll have a good idea of where you would OC and where you'd prefer to CC.

Carry on!

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Reading just a few pages through this thread will honestly answer your question, DeOL.

It's really at your own discretion to carry in bars/clubs.
    I personally have no problem carrying there, but depending on where you go,
    Your chances of being asked to leave or rid of your firearm are more likely than going to a place like Walmart.

Aside from that (Bars/clubs), Banks are the only other public buildings that might disapprove of your OC'ing.
    There's a large misconception that it's illegal to carry in a bank - That's false.

I OC in my personal bank and at my other credit union and have never had any issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom