• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    The Smoke Station at 86th & Michigan.......

So I walk in the store and start talking to the clerk being a "new customer" and he notices my G30 and asks what caliber it was and the conversation continued on for a few while he was running me through the steps in using their machines.... and he had told me that he carried an H&K 45ACP and I asked him if he was carrying and he said no because of store policy but he said that I was more than welcome to carry in their store..... So as I was walking towards the machine the other employee says sarcastically," Is that a BB gun? Or a water gun?" We all shared a little laugh and then employee #2 says that he carries as well but didn't mention what kind of side arm he carried..... Then out of nowhere another customer (He and I were the only customers along with the 2 employees) comes up and says," Sorry to interrupt but I couldn't help but overhear your conversation.... I was looking to sell my gun." Employee #1,"What kind of gun is it?" Customer,"It's a 9mm Hi-Point." The employee and I shared a nice laugh but respectfully declined and suggested that he bring it down to the 1500 to see if he could trade it in on something worth while..... He thanked us and left..... I then asked the employees if they have heard of INGO...... Both shook their heads no..... After I had finished at the machine I handed them both the web address.....

Long story short The Smoke Station at 86th & Michigan is Gun Friendly and OC Friendly...... And it's nice getting a carton of cigarettes for $25 too.....

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Marietta Fish Fry tonight. Only comment came from an old friend who pointed at my side and said "What's that?"

I looked at my arm, because I thought she was talking about my leather cuff. She reaches over and taps my sidearm. "No, that. What's that?"

"Insurance policy."

She laughed.

Then in to Shelbyville for some gas and to meet with a client.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    LAst night, Starbucks a couple times. Went to BW3 (crowded as hell, UFC fight was on), and Texas Roadhouse earlier in the afternoon.

Today Starbucks, Walmart gas station, Kroger, Subway

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    OC'd to WalMart on Dupont & Lima yesterday to pick up some ammo on my way to the range.

Dad and I walked in and went straight to the ammo section. Dad was CC'ing. By the time we got there, somebody who is high enough up to wear an earpiece approached us and asked if there was anything he could do. Long story short: he asked if I would take my firearm out to my car. I declined. Dad chimed in, saying that we'd be leaving as soon as we purchased the ammo. I mentioned that if he didn't want my firearm in the store, I'd go buy my ammo elsewhere. He stated that he'd already had a couple complaints made to associates. "Eh, they can get over it," I replied. I wasn't too worried because I know that WalMart's policy is not to be more restrictive than state law.

Anyway, once the guy I normally see when I buy ammo there (his name is Jason, and I've seen him several times—always with me OC'ing) walks up to get out the ammo we wanted, this manager-type dude keeps standing there watching us. There was another man who had been waiting on somebody to get some ammo for him before Dad and I arrived, so he got his first and we waited while he paid first—the polite thing to do, of course. And the WHOLE TIME we're standing there waiting on the first man to pay, and then while we're paying, this manager-type guy, whose name tag said he was Jeff, stood there and just watched us. I *really* wanted to make some smart remarks to him, but I held my tongue.

As we reflected upon the events, Dad and I pondered aloud how it was quite unlikely that there had been more than 1 statement to associates from customers in the time it took us to get from the front door straight to the back where the ammo is. We were walking briskly (obviously, we wanted to get our ammo and get to the range!), and the manager STILL arrived at the ammo cabinet within 20 seconds of when we got there. Dad thinks it was just the manager-type guy who saw us and followed us back there.

So… what's the corporate number for WalMart again? I think I need to make a phone call.

(Yep, it is the property owner's right to ask me to leave if he doesn't want me carrying on his property. And the property owner has a policy that open carry is OK in WalMart; this manager-type guy tried to enforce something more strict than the official policy. And that is the reason for a call to corporate.)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    OC'd to WalMart on Dupont & Lima yesterday to pick up some ammo on my way to the range.

Dad and I walked in and went straight to the ammo section. Dad was CC'ing. By the time we got there, somebody who is high enough up to wear an earpiece approached us and asked if there was anything he could do. Long story short: he asked if I would take my firearm out to my car. I declined. Dad chimed in, saying that we'd be leaving as soon as we purchased the ammo. I mentioned that if he didn't want my firearm in the store, I'd go buy my ammo elsewhere. He stated that he'd already had a couple complaints made to associates. "Eh, they can get over it," I replied. I wasn't too worried because I know that WalMart's policy is not to be more restrictive than state law.

Anyway, once the guy I normally see when I buy ammo there (his name is Jason, and I've seen him several times—always with me OC'ing) walks up to get out the ammo we wanted, this manager-type dude keeps standing there watching us. There was another man who had been waiting on somebody to get some ammo for him before Dad and I arrived, so he got his first and we waited while he paid first—the polite thing to do, of course. And the WHOLE TIME we're standing there waiting on the first man to pay, and then while we're paying, this manager-type guy, whose name tag said he was Jeff, stood there and just watched us. I *really* wanted to make some smart remarks to him, but I held my tongue.

As we reflected upon the events, Dad and I pondered aloud how it was quite unlikely that there had been more than 1 statement to associates from customers in the time it took us to get from the front door straight to the back where the ammo is. We were walking briskly (obviously, we wanted to get our ammo and get to the range!), and the manager STILL arrived at the ammo cabinet within 20 seconds of when we got there. Dad thinks it was just the manager-type guy who saw us and followed us back there.

So… what's the corporate number for WalMart again? I think I need to make a phone call.

(Yep, it is the property owner's right to ask me to leave if he doesn't want me carrying on his property. And the property owner has a policy that open carry is OK in WalMart; this manager-type guy tried to enforce something more strict than the official policy. And that is the reason for a call to corporate.)

You know what is far more fun than Smart Alec Comments to Jeff...
    Call Wal-Mart Corporate and talk to them while he is standing there...
    So much more gratifying... ;)

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    You know what is far more fun than Smart Alec Comments to Jeff...
    Call Wal-Mart Corporate and talk to them while he is standing there...
    So much more gratifying... ;)

Rep added.......ask Jeff for the number. LOL

Oh and I OC'd at Ryans and Walmart on 41 in Terre Haute. No issues....

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Haha, man! Now I really need to find that number and get it in my phone!

It is truly priceless. Especially so, if you get the privilege to either hand the phone to them or go to a speakerphone option...

I really prefer the Speakerphone option myself. That way everyone gets to enjoy the Answers...

loganathompson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Open carried at rural king in princeton yesterday and pizza hut today in princeton. No issues. Those were really the first times I've OC'd outside of my hometown in owensville where everybody knows me anyway.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Dollar General (last minute school supplies) & Dunham Sports; don't believe anyone noticed. While walking from Dollar General to Dunhams (T & C Shopping Ct) I did notice a black woman carrying a pink handled pistol of some sort. Not sure what kind it was. She was using a nylon owb holster.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    OCed at the 1500 :rockwoot: Walmart at 86th & Michigan (obviously) Target Supercenter on W. 38th and 465...... to be continued ;)

WTF?

How did that work out? Here in Evansville every gun show I've been to they make you run a plastic zip cord through the action. So that would make it not fit most (all?) holsters. So I always leave my carry gun in the car.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    WTF?

How did that work out? Here in Evansville every gun show I've been to they make you run a plastic zip cord through the action. So that would make it not fit most (all?) holsters. So I always leave my carry gun in the car.

I used to get the zip tie thing but now I dont even give them a chance. Pay and get stamped and start shoppin.....

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Please explain how that works with OC.

?

At all the shows I've been to they have a cop right at the table by the front door.

They zip tied my G30 but they didn't go through the mag well....... they went around the grip and the through the trigger guard so i spun the zip tie around and it fit just fine in my paddle holster.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom