• Status
    Not open for further replies.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sunday, I OC'd to Bob Evans, then went to WalMart across the street, boy did things go down hill fast there.
    Now keep in mind I've OC"D in this very store for a while, Half way through our shopping experience the manger tracks me down and asks me to remove my weapon from his store, now this wasnt a "Hey can I have a word with you" type of thing he just blurted out from about 10ft, "You have to remove that weapon from the store"
    Now first of all this kinda seemed to me it was done for a reason, as if he was calling me out in front of the other patrons, which I didnt appreciate at all, then I approached him and asked why I was being asked to leave?
    He informed me that my gun wasnt welcome in his store, and to take it to my car. Well I told him if my gun wasnt welcome that was the same as telling me I wasnt welcome. I told him I'd been carrying for several years in this very store and never once had any kind of confrontation like this, I asked if it was store policy he said yes it was, I asked where it was posted or where I could find this for myself, he couldnt answer that question. I asked why it wasnt posted on the doorways, he told me he didnt have to post it.
    Anyway I left and will not be going back till I hear from Walmart corporate Poobahhs on this issue.
    Oh then I went to the Donut Bank and made a withdrawal of 2 glazed and one LongJohn, without anyone blinking an eye. :rockwoot:
    Yeah, be sure to follow up. As much as some folks hate Walmart, they are one of the few large corporations that have a decent stance on this. Their "follow all local laws, and don't impose more of your own rules" is about as much as you can ask for.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    Stopped by my neighbor Schnucks grocery this morning for a beverage. They had some yummy looking danish in the bakery case. Picked up a couple of those and a Vitamin water.

As I was leaving the store, a young man yelled across the parking lot, "Hey, are you off-duty?" Since I was getting ready to open my store, I honestly replied, "No." Since I was OCing and carrying what could have been donuts, I can understand his confusion that I might be LEO. hehe

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Walmart at 86th & Michigan, Olive Garden in Castleton, and Cheesecake Factory at Keystone Crossing :D

I have read through this thread (not all but most) and have yet to see somone say Cheesecake Factory..... Breaking new ground for OCers???

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Tuesday at Brugge in Broad Ripple (Freakin' delicious!) and a decent walk down the Monon to get home.

(also the first time I've seen cops on the Monon in the 4 years I've lived here, but they were sitting in their cars at 60th st; why no bikes?)

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    Today, just the Kroger in Nora this morning and Harbor Freight in Castleton this evening. A guy who worked at Kroger asked me if Indiana was a CC only state, and I said that it was not. He got pretty excited about the fact that we can OC, which made me chuckle on the inside.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Hey GPIA7R-

I notice you go to Starbucks several times a day. This wouldn't be you, would it?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP8Ym0Xm4V0[/ame]

:D

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Haha, yeah definitely.

Let's start with yesterday:

BW3, then Gander Mountain to get a cheapo holster for something. Walked in, sunshine and blue skies. Walked out 10 minutes later to torrents and hail. Felt like I fell into a pool when I got in my car.

Today Starbucks, usual places. Then went to Victory Field for the game. I CC'd for the "first time" (IWB holster). They didn't check a single thing, just walked right in.

Walked back to parking garage around 11:00pm, lots of people so I wasn't too worried.

Stopped at liquor store on way home, took overshirt off, so I was technically back to OC'ing with the IWB holster.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    OC'd at Walmart in Warsaw earlier this week. Nothing to report (which is, of course, the best report to report).

OC'd at Don Ayers Honda on Lima Road in Fort Wayne today while I was getting an oil change. Wandered around the showroom for a bit and sat in all the new cars :cool: (Didn't realize that anybody made a stick shift hybrid, but apparently the new CR-X is one!) Anyway, a couple sales guys were having a jovial disagreement, and as they walked past, the one looked at me, pointed at my OC and said, "Hey!" He stuck a thumb towards his fellow and asked, "Can you take care of him for me?"

Nobody else made any comments or remarks, including any of the employees in the shop or the showroom as well as the other customers in the waiting area. Good deal.

Also, gun didn't go crazy all on its own. Double good deal.

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    I've been all over today. I started out at Wal-Mart at 86th and Michigan. Heading south, I stopped at a Fast-Trak convenience store on 39 in Martinsville. Then some friends and I shot at a gun club off 67 in Freedom. On the way back, we stopped at a Wendy's in Spencer. There, they mistook me for a LEO and gave me a frosty on the cheap.

Once back in Indy, my wife and I went to dinner at Yat's in Broad Ripple. It was tasty as always. Finally, we went to Meijer in Carmel and did some grocery shopping. It was a good day, and my Sig Pro was happy to get some fresh air!

:ingo:

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    Daughter's swim team was having a beginning of the season party at a local bowling alley. In the spirit of a previous INGO poster, I OC'd while bowling. Only one parent said anything. He wanted to know if I was security for the party. I said only if I need to be.

robstrosity

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Greenwood
    I did laundry at milto's went to bed bath and beyond, meijer gas station, and home depot and no body said a thing. my gun did try to jump out and go on a rampage a few times but thank god it can't figure out the blackhawk serpa system yet!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Open carried to the range today; after my son and I were done(out of ammo!), went to nearest convenience store for pop. Home to clean fired guns (not my sons favorite thing); then on to Meijer for weekly groceries. No one said anything either way.

BountyHunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Gibson County
    I made the call....

Well good news to report, I called Wal-mart corprate reported my problem, they were really nice listened to me let me vent and seemed really concerned. They asked if I would give them my name and phone number so someone could follow up on my incident, I said sure, what the heck.
    Well 2 days later the Head manager of the storewhere I had my issue calls me up, tells me "HE" got a call from Arkansas, informing him of my problem, he then went on to inform me "I" did nothing wrong and it should have never happened, he did apollogize for it and said he talked to the Assistant manager and straightened him out on their Policy, all ended well.
    I must say I was impressed with the way everyone I talked to, and they handled it with a great deal of class,
    +1 for the way it was taken care of. :rockwoot:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Well good news to report, I called Wal-mart corprate reported my problem, they were really nice listened to me let me vent and seemed really concerned. They asked if I would give them my name and phone number so someone could follow up on my incident, I said sure, what the heck.
    Well 2 days later the Head manager of the storewhere I had my issue calls me up, tells me "HE" got a call from Arkansas, informing him of my problem, he then went on to inform me "I" did nothing wrong and it should have never happened, he did apollogize for it and said he talked to the Assistant manager and straightened him out on their Policy, all ended well.
    I must say I was impressed with the way everyone I talked to, and they handled it with a great deal of class,
    +1 for the way it was taken care of. :rockwoot:

Awesome! +1 for Walmart corporate, and +1 for you being instrumental in educating a store manager. I'll try to remember to rep you when I reload.

jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    Took the wife to my Moms yesterday to let her shoot my S&W 9mm for the first time. She did very well for her first time, and actually hit the 10 ring once! I stopped at Casey's in Rockville to get her a Diet Coke while OCing. Clerk was nice, and didn't even give me a second look, although I know she saw my sidearm when I walked in. +1 to Casey's in Rockville.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom