• Status
    Not open for further replies.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Before my trip to the range today I had to get some blood work, so had my Glock strapped on, in the open. After several hour at the range (and about a liter of water), stopped at Arby's for a carry out lunch so I could get home to watch ND (currently half time + rain delay-USF is creaming them!). No unusual looks.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Not my first time OCing there, but the Menards in Camby. What struck me tonight was the woman who couldn't keep herself from looking at it again and again. I almost felt sorry for her; it was as if the paradigm upon which she depends so entirely had suffered a serious crack. No panic, no paranoia, but some serious consternation. And one scowling look to me.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Last night at Teppanaki Grill on E. Washington. I was "hybrid" carrying, ie OC with a large baggy shirt over it. When I went for my wallet, the shirt stayed over the gun exposing it. The cashier spoke no English just kept muttering something with a nervous grin on her face, while staring at it.
    My wife finally said "It's ok, he has a license". The cashier said "Ah, License" still nervous, so I dont know that she understood, but I think I scarred her for life, lol.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Today Starbucks a couple times, then Walmart, then BW3. I made the lady carry today for her first time. She CC'd my USP40c while I OC'd my Colt 1911. She wasn't too uncomfortable, just had to change clothes a couple times to find something that worked.

I'm a proud one :)

Got stopped while walking out of Starbucks by a guy, he asked "what I was packing". We talked a bit about how he's thinking about guns more, but is too scared to carry, says he's a "wimp." I said, "So was I, but not anymore *pointing to my 1911*"

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Today Starbucks a couple times, then Walmart, then BW3. I made the lady carry today for her first time. She CC'd my USP40c while I OC'd my Colt 1911. She wasn't too uncomfortable, just had to change clothes a couple times to find something that worked.

I'm a proud one :)

Got stopped while walking out of Starbucks by a guy, he asked "what I was packing". We talked a bit about how he's thinking about guns more, but is too scared to carry, says he's a "wimp." I said, "So was I, but not anymore *pointing to my 1911*"

I could EAT off your Starbucks budget! :laugh:

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I OCed earlier this evening while on a walk around my neighborhood. Everything was fine until my glock jumped out of the holster and killed 3 people and a squirrel

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    After a trip to somewhere in Indy that hypothetically, if I were to carry I'd be sure to deep conceal and keep it that way until I left, we went to Greenwood for a quick stop at Gander Mtn. to do some price checking and over to Wally World to grab some ribeyes for the grill tonight.

I was surprised that I saw some new holster options that Gander is carrying since I was there last. They've got several different holsters from Galco in stock. I asked one of the guys if one version would fit my XDSC 9, since it only said XD on it.

He acted as if I should draw my condition 1 sidearm and test it with the 20 or so people in the firearms area milling about. I politely mentioned that I didn't want to unholster and could we try one from the case? I saw the lightbulb go off after it registered in his mind what I was asking and he happily obliged. Sure enough, it fit perfectly, only coming about a half an inch short of the bottom of the holster. I think I found my next holster purchase. It's a three slot OWB holster for ~ $60. I only wish they had some mag holsters too.

I know, I know, Gander sucks, but I actually think the selection is better than it used to be and the price wasn't bad.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    OCed at Meijers on Lima Road in FWA last night. Took about 25 minutes for the wife to pick out some storage bins. No one said anything, nor did anyone take notice of it. However, as we were leaving the parking lot my wife saw two FWPD cars pulling in to the parking lot.

Wonder what was happening? :scratch: Glad I got out of there before the trouble started! :D Listening to the news today, but so far no mention of trouble there.:dunno: :popcorn:

;)

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Over the weekend, I OC'd in Bloomington at a mall (don't even know the name of the mall, I was just driving where the gf said to go :-\ ) with a Target, a Dick's Sporting Goods, a clothing store called Vanity, Finish Line, another shoe store, and either a Kohl's or a Sears. Didn't get kicked out of anywhere! :woot:

An employee at Vanity was REALLY helpful with my gf, helping her find a pair of jeans that fit well, and I'm pretty sure she hadn't seen that I was carrying. Since everybody was being so friendly (the employee, gf, and myself), I was hoping that if she (employee) noticed later on, she wouldn't be so alarmed. I'm not sure if she ever noticed, but there certainly wasn't any trouble, so that was good. I'm always concerned when we're in Bloomington.

I'm sure we were in more places while I was OC'ing over the weekend, mostly in Bloomington and Bedford, but I can't quite remember everywhere we went. Anyway, no problems anywhere!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom