Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    About the same here. Went to some petstores over the weekend. Took Guinness around Petsmart, and everyone loved him. No one showed any love to my 1911 though :(

Starbucks a few times, Walmart, Khol's, Gamestop, Gas station, and liquor store.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I open carried Friday night to BP, then to Dollar General, and then to the range.

Saturday I CC'ed at the Farmers Market...and around downtown Lafayette....I didn't want all the liberal hippie types wetting themselves at the sight of a gun....;)

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I OC'd to my local jewelry store to make some secretive purchases.

Sales lady, (she knew me, I'd been in before,) asked, "So, uh, why you packing heat?"

I told her, "I can't find a pocket cop."

She laughed and just looked at me; I said "Have you seen the news lately?" She responded "True enough," and that was the end of it.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Sadly, no where, yesterday. A few of my destinations were of the type that disapproves. I can say for certain that last evening is the first time in several trips that I've entered a walmart unarmed. Strange feeling.

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    So far today I've OC'd to my leasing office to turn in my lease termination letter, the Target and Ace Hardware in Nora, Lowe's at Glendale, and The Bike Line in Broad Ripple. I was using my leather holster that I made, and have decided to make some changes to the design on the next go round. I think I'm going to try my hand at kydex reinforcement.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    So far today I've OC'd to my leasing office to turn in my lease termination letter, the Target and Ace Hardware in Nora, Lowe's at Glendale, and The Bike Line in Broad Ripple. I was using my leather holster that I made, and have decided to make some changes to the design on the next go round. I think I'm going to try my hand at kydex reinforcement.

How's the retention on that holster?

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Went to dennys on US 31 and I-465. No problems there. Shopped at WalMart on County Line and Emerson. Had a nice conversation with the guy at the register.

He commented on my pistol and asked if I was a police officer. I told him no I wasn't. Just a citizen. He asked if I had my license. I said yes. He got quiet after that. So I asked him if he had his license. He said no but that he wished he could get one. Turns out he thought they were very expensive and hard to get. He thought you had to have a justifiable reason to carry. Was really suprised when I explained to him that IN is a "shall issue" state and what it meant. I told him what he had to do to apply for one. Next time I'm there I'll make it a point to look for him and see if he's made any progress. Maybe offer to take him to the range.

Another great day for OC!

^^this is an awesome story!! haha i remember when i used to think it was tough to get my license

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ^^this is an awesome story!! haha i remember when i used to think it was tough to get my license
    Can't remeber exactly when Indy became a Shall Issue State. But I remember my dad getting turned down at least once, when he applied for a Personal Protection permit. I get alot of that too when telling people about the Indiana License.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Can't remeber exactly when Indy became a Shall Issue State. But I remember my dad getting turned down at least once, when he applied for a Personal Protection permit. I get alot of that too when telling people about the Indiana License.

yea alot of people are extremely shocked when i tell them how simple it really is

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I cruised around Terre Haute OC'ing today on my VTX1300S. No problems at all. Just a lot of waves from other bikers. Beautiful evening for a ride. Makes you forget all the problems at work.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Went to South Bend tonight and ate at Famous Dave's. Had some awesome rib tips and brisket. It was overpriced though, and I was reminded why I only go there about once a year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom