Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    HEY, HEY, HEY!

We don't take too kindly to dropping the C word in this thread. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

I meant "too big to conceal the fact that you OC the gun", people will notice more easily someone who OC a Glock 17 compared to someone who OC a Glock 19.Of course that's what I meant. :):

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I meant "too big to conceal the fact that you OC the gun", people will notice more easily someone who OC a Glock 17 compared to someone who OC a Glock 19.Of course that's what I meant. :):

:bat::bat: Of course. :bat::bat:

That's what we thought you meant. :@ya:

Regulators! Mount up!

...nothing to see here. :D

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've been OC'ing around Bloomington the past few days. Kroger, Marsh, etc. I OC'ed at the grill/picnic area in my friend's apartment complex while we were grilling some steaks. I was playing with his six-month old daughter and I got several complements about how cute she was. No complements about my gun though :(

I wish I could have OC'd to my friend's graduation from the police academy. But it was on the IU campus so I had to leave it at home. All my cop friends got to OC and I had to sit there like some unarmed sheeple. Stupid rules.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've been OC'ing around Bloomington the past few days. Kroger, Marsh, etc. I OC'ed at the grill/picnic area in my friend's apartment complex while we were grilling some steaks. I was playing with his six-month old daughter and I got several complements about how cute she was. No complements about my gun though :(

I wish I could have OC'd to my friend's graduation from the police academy. But it was on the IU campus so I had to leave it at home. All my cop friends got to OC and I had to sit there like some unarmed sheeple. Stupid rules.

It's not illegal to carry on a campus, just against university policy maybe.

:twocents:

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It's not illegal to carry on a campus, just against university policy maybe.

:twocents:

True, but they could punish students (like myself) for violating university policy. And I didn't feel like CC'ing around a bunch of cops that were familiar with school policy; not with all the hugging and congratulations that were going on.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    True, but they could punish students (like myself) for violating university policy. And I didn't feel like CC'ing around a bunch of cops that were familiar with school policy; not with all the hugging and congratulations that were going on.

Well if you were among a bunch of cops maybe you didnt need to carry anyway.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well, who do you trust more to protect yourself, yourself or an officer?

:rolleyes:

I didnt say I trust others to protect me and I can defend myself without a gun anyway.

But in his situation, being among a bunch of cops, I dont think he was in danger from not having his gun with him.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Well, who do you trust more to protect yourself, yourself or an officer?

:rolleyes:

I didnt say I trust others to protect me and I can defend myself without a gun anyway.

But in his situation, being among a bunch of cops, I dont think he was in danger from not having his gun with him.

Settle down you two! I did in fact feel safe among so many police officers (many of whom I know personally). However, we left there and immediately went to lunch... Where I didn't have my sidearm. I was too far away from my apartment to go back and get it with being conspicuously absent from the meal. I was just saying I wished that there weren't so many restrictions on where you may or may not carry.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Settle down you two! I did in fact feel safe among so many police officers (many of whom I know personally). However, we left there and immediately went to lunch... Where I didn't have my sidearm. I was too far away from my apartment to go back and get it with being conspicuously absent from the meal. I was just saying I wished that there weren't so many restrictions on where you may or may not carry.

I think we can all agree on that. :yesway:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My Starbucks would freak out if I wasn't carrying. They'd think something's wrong. They're under strict orders to call the police and panic if I'm not carrying.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was carrying openly in Brookston at the Top Notch on Saturday (which I always do). I failed to anticipate that a couple of members of our group were not aware that open carry is legal in Indiana (one has the excuse of being an Illinois resident). They expressed some concern that I wasn't wearing my concealment garment, and at first I didn't even understand what they were talking about because I wasn't expecting it! No problems after we reminded them it was okay to do it in Indiana, though.

BountyHunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Gibson County
    Sunday, I OC'd to Bob Evans, then went to WalMart across the street, boy did things go down hill fast there.
    Now keep in mind I've OC"D in this very store for a while, Half way through our shopping experience the manger tracks me down and asks me to remove my weapon from his store, now this wasnt a "Hey can I have a word with you" type of thing he just blurted out from about 10ft, "You have to remove that weapon from the store"
    Now first of all this kinda seemed to me it was done for a reason, as if he was calling me out in front of the other patrons, which I didnt appreciate at all, then I approached him and asked why I was being asked to leave?
    He informed me that my gun wasnt welcome in his store, and to take it to my car. Well I told him if my gun wasnt welcome that was the same as telling me I wasnt welcome. I told him I'd been carrying for several years in this very store and never once had any kind of confrontation like this, I asked if it was store policy he said yes it was, I asked where it was posted or where I could find this for myself, he couldnt answer that question. I asked why it wasnt posted on the doorways, he told me he didnt have to post it.
    Anyway I left and will not be going back till I hear from Walmart corporate Poobahhs on this issue.
    Oh then I went to the Donut Bank and made a withdrawal of 2 glazed and one LongJohn, without anyone blinking an eye. :rockwoot:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Sunday, I OC'd to Bob Evans, then went to WalMart across the street, boy did things go down hill fast there.
    Now keep in mind I've OC"D in this very store for a while, Half way through our shopping experience the manger tracks me down and asks me to remove my weapon from his store, now this wasnt a "Hey can I have a word with you" type of thing he just blurted out from about 10ft, "You have to remove that weapon from the store"
    Now first of all this kinda seemed to me it was done for a reason, as if he was calling me out in front of the other patrons, which I didnt appreciate at all, then I approached him and asked why I was being asked to leave?
    He informed me that my gun wasnt welcome in his store, and to take it to my car. Well I told him if my gun wasnt welcome that was the same as telling me I wasnt welcome. I told him I'd been carrying for several years in this very store and never once had any kind of confrontation like this, I asked if it was store policy he said yes it was, I asked where it was posted or where I could find this for myself, he couldnt answer that question. I asked why it wasnt posted on the doorways, he told me he didnt have to post it.
    Anyway I left and will not be going back till I hear from Walmart corporate Poobahhs on this issue.
    Oh then I went to the Donut Bank and made a withdrawal of 2 glazed and one LongJohn, without anyone blinking an eye. :rockwoot:

You need to contact Corporate about this. I know that Walmart has a policy to follow the laws of the state in which the store is located. They also do not allow the General managers to enforce stricter rules to my knowledge. If you contact Corporate about this, there is a good chance that the Manager will get reprimanded, or even fired, and any other employee/manager will be made aware of the fact that they cannot promote their personal agenda in Walmart stores.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You need to contact Corporate about this. I know that Walmart has a policy to follow the laws of the state in which the store is located. They also do not allow the General managers to enforce stricter rules to my knowledge. If you contact Corporate about this, there is a good chance that the Manager will get reprimanded, or even fired, and any other employee/manager will be made aware of the fact that they cannot promote their personal agenda in Walmart stores.

This!!!!! +1

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom