• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    Got some groceries at the Nora Kroger and walked a couple of miles on the Monon with my wife. She wasn't too hip on the Monon part, but none of the sheep bleated. No blood, no foul.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Met some friends at the Warsaw Applebee's this evening. Good food and conversation. No one was injured, but I'm beginning to taste my cheeseburger sliders again (though, they were good enough the first time).

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nowhere special today, just the usual.

Side Question - Does anyone know if The Vogue has any "policies" or "signs" that I should be aware of? I'll CC... but do they do pat-downs or anything?

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Nowhere special today, just the usual.

Side Question - Does anyone know if The Vogue has any "policies" or "signs" that I should be aware of? I'll CC... but do they do pat-downs or anything?

Depends on the concert, and who you are (appearance/behavior).

I've CCd there.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    My wife saw a man with their son open carrying tonight on monument circle downtown Indy.

Who was it? :)

It gave me a good opportunity to discuss firearms law with her.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My wife saw a man with their son open carrying tonight on monument circle downtown Indy.

Who was it? :)

It gave me a good opportunity to discuss firearms law with her.

I think there is a thread called "where did you see OC?", you should post there.

I never seen anyone OC downtown Indy, well besides LEOs.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Went in Teachers Credit Union on McKinley in Mishawaka, Kohls and Target on Ireland in South Bend, another day went by and my gun still have not killed anybody.:)

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    Went to Advance Auto in Carmel this morning, Wal-Mart this afternoon, and USA Fireworks right after that.

I also OC'd to Harbor Freight in Castleton this afternoon. The guy helping me there asked me "what I was packin" so I told him it was a Sig Sauer. Then we had a pleasant little conversation about his Sig that was stolen and his S&W Sigma 40 that he has now. I'm glad that my first OC interaction was as such and not with some whine-o. Plus one to that dude! :yesway:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    In Fort Wayne, I OC'd at the McDonalds at St. Joe/St. Joe Center/Hobson/Washington Center (yes, 4 different named roads converge at one intersection), then over at the WalMart by the Regal cinema on Washington Center and Coldwater. Caught a few glances at both places, but no problems, conversations, or police interactions resulted.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    In Fort Wayne, I OC'd at the McDonalds at St. Joe/St. Joe Center/Hobson/Washington Center (yes, 4 different named roads converge at one intersection), then over at the WalMart by the Regal cinema on Washington Center and Coldwater. Caught a few glances at both places, but no problems, conversations, or police interactions resulted.

Are you sure you do it the right way?:dunno:
    Maybe you didnt look suspicious enough or your gun was not visible enough.
    Try a larger caliber and bright yellow paint on the gun or maybe wear a orange jail suit while you OC. :D

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    In McDonalds on LWE Mishawaka then at Caseys General store further down the road. Nothing said by anyone, but one guy gave me an odd look at Caseys.

SpeedwayShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Last night at meijer in Avon, I was leaving the self checkout and the manager stopped me to ask what I was carrying. Told me he got a glock recently.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    1st OC tonight! Went to Pizza Hut carry out at St. Joe and Franklin in Evansville. There were 3 "pizza artists" on duty and no customers. I carried my G23 in a black leather DeSantis cross draw holster on my left side with a 15+ round mag in a pouch behind my piece. One guy went for the pizza while the second worked the register. Nobody even looked down at my belt. (Maybe the black Glock and black holster blended in.) In and out in 2 minutes. I was surprisingly calm and it felt good. (I really don't like to go to cash rich businesses late at night so I wasn't going unarmed.) I want to thank all of you for enlightening me on OC. I have had licenses for over 30 years and didn't realize it was good for any kind of carry I choose. I like the options.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom