• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Went to Sam's Club today, and man the place was packed. Had to drive around the parking lot for 15 minutes before I could even find a spot. Had several looks from customers, but not a word from anyone.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Schererville fireworks. Sat in the very front of the park and had quite a bit of debris fall down on us. Great show again this year.

ccrise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    Midwest Guns, Gas station at Grape and Edison, Bed Bath and Beyond, and believe it or not Buffalo Wild Wings on Grape. No looks or comments. Was a great day.

Sub note. Waitress was cute. always helps the day go better.

Base522

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Saw a guy at the Subway at Rockville & Lynnhurst on Friday. Had a compact glock with a high capacity magazine extending out of it. No one seemed to notice or if they did, it wasn't obvious.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Out on the motorcycle today riding around. Stopped at the Warsaw Walmart to pick up some prescriptions and some refreshments for the weekend. After parking my bike and taking my helmet off and putting on a cap....

Guy: You gonna cover that thing up?
    Me: Excuse me?
    Guy: You need to cover that up.
    Me: I do?
    Guy: You a cop?
    Me: No sir.
    Guy: You have a CCW?
    Me: I have a License to Carry a Handgun.
    Guy: You have to cover that up.
    Me: My license doesn't say that.
    Guy: Mine does.
    Me: Really? Do you mind showing me where?
    Guy:<pulls out his Indiana LTCH and starts reading it to himself.>
    Me: Hey, that looks just like mine!
    Guy: Hmm ...doesn't say.
    Me: That's one of the things I love about Indiana! :D They make no mention of how you can carry, just that you can.
    Guy: Well, I always conceal. I don't want people knowing when I carry.
    Me: A lot of people do; I used to cc all the time as well. I still do now and then depending on where I'm going.

By this time we're getting shopping carts and going our own way; a fairly pleasant interaction and, hopefully, Guy learns a bit more about that pink piece of paper he carrys around with him. Never did ask him if he was carrying at the time.

BTW, I got my drugs and alcohol ...and everyone at Walmart was safe from yet another MWAG!

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    "BTW, I got my drugs and alcohol ...and everyone at Walmart was safe from yet another MWAG!"

Sounds like the start of an interesting weekend :P

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Out on the motorcycle today riding around. Stopped at the Warsaw Walmart to pick up some prescriptions and some refreshments for the weekend. After parking my bike and taking my helmet off and putting on a cap....

Me: That's one of the things I love about Indiana! :D They make no mention of how you can carry, just that you can.
    Me: A lot of people do; I used to cc all the time as well. I still do now and then depending on where I'm going.

By this time we're getting shopping carts and going our own way; a fairly pleasant interaction and, hopefully, Guy learns a bit more about that pink piece of paper he carrys around with him. Never did ask him if he was carrying at the time.

BTW, I got my drugs and alcohol ...and everyone at Walmart was safe from yet another MWAG!

Kudos for not saying STFU after the second thing he said... sounds like he learned something, even if he never uses it.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

Sounds similar to my experience at Hacienda Restaurant last night. Went with the wife, 4 kids, my sister, bro-in-law, and their 2 kids. When we got there, I took my boys straight to the bathroom, where there was already a line.

Douche Bag: "I assume you are a cop?"
    DB: You got a permit for that thing?
    Me: I have a License to Carry.
    DB: You know you need to cover that up.
    Me: Actually, in Indiana I can carry any way that I like.
    DB: I'm a cop. I know the laws, and you need to cover that thing up. Your permit says it needs to be concealed.
    Me: Actually, if I were to show you my permit right now, it wouldn't say anything about concealing.
    DB: Well, I have a gun too. You just can't see it. IMAGINE THAT CONCEPT!!!
    Me: I gotta take a leak. I don't feel like arguing with you about it.

As I step into the stall he keeps muttering "You're missing the concept." When I finished taking a leak, he was already out the door and gone. I have a hard time believing he actually was a cop. I can't imagine any LEO being THAT ignorant.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Sounds similar to my experience at Hacienda Restaurant last night. Went with the wife, 4 kids, my sister, bro-in-law, and their 2 kids. When we got there, I took my boys straight to the bathroom, where there was already a line.

DB: I'm a cop. I know the laws, and you need to cover that thing up. Your permit says it needs to be concealed.
    Me: Actually, if I were to show you my permit right now, it wouldn't say anything about concealing.

As I step into the stall he keeps muttering "You're missing the concept." When I finished taking a leak, he was already out the door and gone. I have a hard time believing he actually was a cop. I can't imagine any LEO being THAT ignorant.

I would have asked for his name and Department...
    Then talked to his Chief the next day...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Yeah I dont think any cop would say something like that unless they are really full of themselves.
    The "I know the laws" is something a lawyer could say but for a cop saying that is just as irrelevant as saying "I am a cop I know about dentistry". :D
    Not even talking about calling it a "permit".:rolleyes:

You should have asked for his badge just for fun, maybe he was carrying a CCW badge. :dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Really hate when people speak so "matter of fact" when saying "You need to cover that up." Don't say things you have no knowledge or education on -_-

Especially to complete strangers. It's like they're civilian police and have authority over you because you're obviously doing something wrong.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    OC'd at Subway yesterday, and got my first "Are you a cop?" question. It must be the clean-cut appearance, because I'm much better looking.

He was from India, and we had a pleasant conversation about how difficult it is to get a gun in India.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Starbucks, gander, pizza place, and greenwood walmart

I was standing outside walmart. There was a veteran donation table set up. Guy said "Never leave home without it". I looked over and saw the guy at the table looking at me. I chuckled and nodded. He asked if I was in the service, nope, just a civilian :)

We talked a bit about our guns. He said he wished he could go to the range with us instead of standing out there :P

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Was at Wal Mart in BeechGrove this afternoon. I was asked about my XD40sc by a couple of gentlemen who were buying ammo. Amazingly, my XD didn't jump out of the holster and go on a murderous rampage. I might have to send it back to Springfield because I specificaly asked for that feature.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well not today, but on Friday, I OCed at my local 4th of July boat parade, festival in the park, the store...

I was talking to the parks director right next to the Sheriff and neither said a word, nor did the officers that drove by.

Only comment I received was someone asking what I was carrying and them saying all they had at the moment was a hi-point .45.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom