• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I also OC'd to Harbor Freight in Castleton this afternoon. The guy helping me there asked me "what I was packin" so I told him it was a Sig Sauer. Then we had a pleasant little conversation about his Sig that was stolen and his S&W Sigma 40 that he has now. I'm glad that my first OC interaction was as such and not with some whine-o. Plus one to that dude! :yesway:

Cool. I've OCd there too

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Went to McDonalds with the kids for lunch, then Lowe's to get some lumber. One of the employees asked me if I was a cop because they just had a fender-bender in the parking lot. Took the whole fam to Ponderosa for supper.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I ban pizza ht for firing an hero employee who had to shoot a robber. Don't eat there anymore.

Edit: hopefully a more prudent ingoer can link to the story.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    B-burg wal-mart with my 2 boys to pick up 3 of the sawyer filter water bottles I ordered and some ice cream for the boys. BPD and a State boy was parked on the GM side where I entered. Got a smile from the BPD officer as I entered. Had a few glances while in the store but no interactions.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Was at Wal Mart in BeechGrove this afternoon. I was asked about my XD40sc by a couple of gentlemen who were buying ammo. Amazingly, my XD didn't jump out of the holster and go on a murderous rampage. I might have to send it back to Springfield because I specificaly asked for that feature.

I thought that was standard, just like the extra mags and the mag holder on the Springfields. Lol.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Buger King, off lynhurst and 40

Gander Mountain, in Greenwood

CVS, lynhurst and 40

Speedway Auto Parts on West washington St. (40) This place rocks, I love their selection of parts. :rockwoot:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    You should get your cat into rehab, they do stupid stuff when they're on that junk.

Went to Kansai Japanese steak house for lunch with my girlfriend and a mutual friend of ours. Girlfriend said that one lady gave me the crazy eyes as we stood up from the table to leave, but that was it.

Then over to Michaels for craft supplies; again, no issues there.

Then to Petsmart, just to walk around. Ended up with some tennis balls for my dog.

And then we went home; no bodies in my wake. Although I noticed when I stood up from my chair that the Taurus TCP in my pocket had left a perfect impression in the seat cushion at the restaurant. I laughed a little.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Walmart, speedway, marathon, store on 86 n ditch, kfc. Up and down keystone, maridian, michigan, westlane rd, 86th, westfield, 465 to lebenon, broadripple. Infront of cops. No issues. Lots of smiles, small talk on the firearm. Good reception from the locals. I OC'ed on my bike

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    First of all, thanks to all who have posted their OC experinces in this thread. It's because of you that I had the confidence to try something new today!

While I've CC'ed for several years I OC'ed for the first time today in Columbus. My wife and I went to Culvers, Menards, and our credit union. I encountered no comments, questions or rude sideways glances. No one was shot, no accidental discharges, and we encountered no thugs. I actually met a county deputy coming out of the C/U as I was going in and guess what...nothing happened!

The only person that may have been a little wide-eyed was the manager at Culvers when I was at the counter ordering. He took a look at my right hip and then read my t-shirt that reads "It's not that I have A.D.D. it just that...OH LOOK A SQUIRREL!" He then gave me that 'deer in the headlights' look. I think he was struggling to put the two together.

I must say, it was far more comfortable wearing my pistol OWB then IWB! I will do this more often.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Qdoba (big surprise), Gander Mountain, BGI Fitness in Greenwood. Headed to AMC to see a movie with my parents.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Starbucks, Starbucks, Brandon's Pub (we walked out because we didn't get a greeting/service after 15 minutes of sitting down), and Mucky Duck Pub.

Here's my story

Out of respect, I typically CC when I'm with my parents. My friend and girlfriend were with me tonight, and they're comfortable with my OC. My dad, apparently, isn't. He told me that I "need to cover it up" when he noticed. This is the 2nd time I've ever OC'd around him. I have the utmost respect for my father, and he respects my rights... but we've never, ever sat down and talked about carrying.

He said if I don't cover it up, he's going to leave... and he sees it as the "showing it off" thing. I abided, because it was a nice dinner/time we were having and I didn't want to cause a scene with my friends/parents. I'll talk to him about it eventually... -_-

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Old news?

2008: Pizza Delivery Driver Fired After Shooting - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines

2010 (although I couldn't find if he was fired for it, too): Pizza Hut employee shares details from frightening robbery | WCNC.com Charlotte

Was there another incident somewhere? Wouldn't be surprised.

I think this was story, that they fired the delivery driver, who shot the robber: Pizza Hut robbery suspect recovers from shooting » Cops, courts and fires » The Herald Bulletin

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Danotoes in fishers walmart, Macy's, marshals.

Then in OC'ed on the bike down keystone/rural then hit washington to maridan checked out the black pride(downtown indpls) not alot of folks tons of cops. Then went to broadripple and upto 86 street in ditch and headed home.

Not a single issue I got afew double looks by the cops but I'm sure they wouldn't blame me.

Last edited:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Back to Hacienda in Warsaw Friday evening for some drinks & appetizers with friends (already had dinner). As with other experiences there, nothing out of the ordinary.

...until I was leaving, that is. As I was approaching the exit door, one of the wait staff kindly opened the door and said (in an obviously joking manner) "Let me have the pleasure of holding the door open for you, sir. After all, you're carrying a gun." I forget exactly what witty retort I said as I thanked him.

We then got into a fantastic conversation about guns, Indiana carry laws, his experiences hunting and fishing with his grandfather, philosophy of responsible gun ownership, etc. As this was going on, a few of his coworkers seemed to be interested as well. He also mentioned that he's seen me there before OCing and mentioned that he "went back to talk with his manager about it" previously. That nothing was done "about it," tells me that Hacienda has pretty cool management, at least at their Warsaw location! :yesway: (Not to say other locations don't, just speaking from my experience here.)

In any event, it was a very pleasant interaction, and a good night with friends as well ...and the jalapeno poppers were good too!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom