adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Nah,
    Just one of those E-8's who has never been anything other than a Guardsman and yet to make a Deployment in 22 years...

You know the type, the Douchebag... ;)

It's simply amazing how some of the higher ups manage to avoid deployments. I deployed in '09 with a full bird who's never been on one, and multiple O-3 and up newbies and a couple SGM that have never deployed. I liked most of them, so I won't talk bad about them individually, it's just a flawed system where an E-4 can have 2-4 deployments and an E-8 can have none.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Okay, so I almost exclusively cc, but....

OC'd Sunday at band rehearsal (which I often do anyway) and then after, a few of us went to the Claypool Inn (small town bar & grill) for dinner. Only had a comment when I was paying my bill ..a guy sitting at the bar asked if the G27 (in a Blackhawk Serpa) was a 9mm.

After dinner, we went down the road to Silver Lake and got some ice cream (which really hit the spot!) at Pizza King. Mixed family crowd eating dinner, corraling unruly kids, older folks coming in after their Sunday drive, etc. ...not a word from anyone.

Tuesday (I can't conceal in all this heat ;)), I OC'd to mail a few letters (using the outside mailbox at the post office) while riding the motorcycle around Warsaw. Later, I went out with some friends to Hacienda. I usually try to seat myself so I can view the entrance, though I was the one running late and ended up seated looking away ...with my right hip open for everyone coming into the Canteena to see. No comments (even by the manager who pulled up a chair just to my right and sat down with us to chat (our band has played there before).

The only comment came while our group was leaving. One of my friends who left a little earlier to get some air was sitting on a bench and, when I joined her to chat a bit, a waitress who was outside waiting for her ride home said surprisingly "You've got a gun!" (as if I wasn't aware of that fact! :dunno:) Without missing a beat, my friend nonchalantly replied "Oh, don't worry ...he only uses it at the range..." Which, along with the (yawn) way she said it, made it sound somewhat funny ...and seemed to help dispel any anxiety the waitress may have had.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Around Greenwood today. Went to doctor at Methodist on 135 near Co. Line (woo, high blood pressure, oh joy)... but they had an "absolutely no firearms unless you're law enforcement!" on the window -_-

It was early, I hadn't had coffee, so I put it in the car. I know I know... shame on me.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    After going to the YMCA, bur before working on some weeds back at the house, I made a stop at the Warsaw walmart. Still had my sweaty clothes on since I was between sweaty tasks, so I just put on my ankle holster. Was wearing shorts, so it was OC. No comments; no problems.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Wal-Mart, Taco Bell & McDonald's in Shelbyville.

-1 to Taco Hell. Walked in and there were three people waiting for their food and one finishing paying at the register. Register flunkie walks back towards the line, says something to the line workers, turns around and comes back to the counter saying "It'll be 15 minutes." What the hell? We turned around and walked out and had to go next door to Mickey D's. I know Taco Smells is not a good choice, but we were in a hurry and a couple of tacos aren't going to hurt. I was forced to eat a crappy burger instead because of a time crunch.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've had to wait 15 minutes before at a Taco Bell. Not worth my time, and I'll never go back to that one... one on Main street in Greenwood.

Today went to the Greenwood BMV bright and early. Then to McDonalds and Starbucks on Main near Emerson.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    After going to the YMCA, bur before working on some weeds back at the house, I made a stop at the Warsaw walmart. Still had my sweaty clothes on since I was between sweaty tasks, so I just put on my ankle holster. Was wearing shorts, so it was OC. No comments; no problems.
    Ankle holster and shorts? Now THAT is a fashion statement!

Please tell my you had on black socks (pulled up to your knees) and sandals, too....

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    On the bike again today ...first to the bank, then to the Warsaw walmart on my "how much groceries can I fit in my sissy bar bag" trip. Stopped for gas on the way home as well.

spark

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011

Please tell my you had on black socks (pulled up to your knees) and sandals, too....

Here for pics or it didn't happen :)

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

Oh, don't worry. He will be on the Funny Pictures at WalMart website by the end of the week. ;)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Pizza Hit in Plainfield and the gas station on the way home. Other than my baby girl insisting that EVERYONE says "hi" to her (one of about a dozen words she knows), it was uneventful.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

No - no White support sock and black loafers!:D

Well you obviously can't wear the little ankle socks or the holster will rub your ankle raw!

Oh, don't worry. He will be on the Funny Pictures at WalMart website by the end of the week. ;)

LOL that'd be awesome! But who would've been bold enough to photograph a character looking like me walking around with a GUN in -gasp- PUBLIC?!?!

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    On my way to work this morning stopped at Menards in Avon. The cashier asked me "Is that real or a taser?" To which I replied "Oh, yes it is." I smiled and wished her a good day and was on my way. This evening I was grocery shopping at Walmart in Beech Grove and also stopped by Lowes. No problems with either place.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hah! I mistyped! Starbucks, not gas station!

Just left sbux. Had a huge convo w/ workers talking about guns. They were saying they were just talking about my Colt 1911 before i walked in thats the impression it has on people XD Girl said "does carrying make you feel like a badass?" I said I feel that way with or without carrying. :P

Now at Regal cinema in greenwood seeing super 8

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Rochester Round Barn Festival last night. OC'ed during the parade, then went downtown with the fam and walked around for a bout an hour. Got a couple strange looks, but no comments.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Hah! I mistyped! Starbucks, not gas station!

Just left sbux. Had a huge convo w/ workers talking about guns. They were saying they were just talking about my Colt 1911 before i walked in thats the impression it has on people XD Girl said "does carrying make you feel like a badass?" I said I feel that way with or without carrying. :P

Now at Regal cinema in greenwood seeing super 8

:hijack:

Was it worth seeing?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom