• Status
    Not open for further replies.

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    I usually cc but after reading peoples posts and oponions i have kinda changed my perception on oc. I oc with a jacket at Glenbrook Square mall(visiting Fort Wayne) not sure if its owned by simon so i decieded to wear a unzipped jacket i also open carry at Dawson Famous Coneys? (witchisnt as good as Coney Island in my opinion) Also at Target a Goodwill and Walgreens. Im leaving now to the mall again and ill have my blackhawk on with my Colts Jeresy. Got a few looks but nothing negitive

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I took the wife to Panera Bread for lunch, then we stopped by Wallyworld for some snacks and stuff.
    I had to run back out to Lowes for some nails and junk for working on my basement.
    Luckily, I was able to OC the whole time without being harassed or handcuffed :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I usually cc but after reading peoples posts and oponions i have kinda changed my perception on oc. I oc with a jacket at Glenbrook Square mall(visiting Fort Wayne) not sure if its owned by simon so i decieded to wear a unzipped jacket i also open carry at Dawson Famous Coneys? (witchisnt as good as Coney Island in my opinion) Also at Target a Goodwill and Walgreens. Im leaving now to the mall again and ill have my blackhawk on with my Colts Jeresy. Got a few looks but nothing negitive
    Just FYI, the only sign at the mall that I have personal knowledge of if at the entrance between Macys and Red Robin. There is a stand-alone sign just inside the entrance that lists no firearms.

You aren't breaking state law but I have met two of the security officers in the mall that seem to pretty sharp at picking out CC'ers. No, they didn't see my firearm, but they were keeping a sharp eye on a few people in the food court.

I'm not discouraging your OC'ing, just giving you a "be careful" from a fellow OC'er.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Carried Friday evening at the Columbus Wal-Mart with my 3 year old before heading out to the camper for opening day.

No looks really, and one smart-aleck teenager stopped in front of me with arms raised saying "I'm unarmed man!", and his mother smacking the back of his head... I just laughed and walked on.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just FYI, the only sign at the mall that I have personal knowledge of if at the entrance between Macys and Red Robin. There is a stand-alone sign just inside the entrance that lists no firearms.

You aren't breaking state law but I have met two of the security officers in the mall that seem to pretty sharp at picking out CC'ers. No, they didn't see my firearm, but they were keeping a sharp eye on a few people in the food court.

I'm not discouraging your OC'ing, just giving you a "be careful" from a fellow OC'er.

I know I've said it before... but this "No OC at Simon Mall" thing comes up a lot. I've been OC'ing to the Greenwood Park Mall for two years now, and I've not once been approached by a vendor, shop owner, or security.

I guess I've been extremely lucky?

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Avon Kroger. I think the only person that notices there is the butcher.

He's about the only person I deal with there and his attitude seems anti; however it could be he's a CC only guy. Either way I OC there almost every weekend without issue.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg

All they can really do is ask if you have a firearm on you. Simply reply no. They can't legally search you and if they try, let them, but verbally refuse and make sure others around you hear your refusal. You now have them for impersonating a police officer and assault.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Agreed brother- just reporting from the field. :ingo:

Tonight I made a point to ask a few questions regarding different cuts. Just cause I was curious... :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom